shape
carat
color
clarity

Adam Sandler movie "Uncut Gems" is about a search for a Welo Opal!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so excited to read that this movie is about the search for a Welo opal! The movie has a great rating. It is a crime thriller and might be too violent for me but I was so excited that it was actually about gemstones! Mods, sorry if I should not be posting this here and please feel free to move it if it is in the wrong section.

https://www.distractify.com/p/what-is-uncut-gems-about

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I was in NYC the day they were shooting him running down the street. Coincidentally, I was on my way home from looking at sapphires at The Natural Sapphire Company and a couple other places, and saw the crowd and filming set. I talked to some of the workers. I thought it was funny that I was there for gems and he was making a movie about gems. That is the street full of gem stores in NYC, after all. I only got to see one cut before they ended for the day but it was still cool to watch. If you watch it and see the part where he's running down the street and an old man gets in his way, then runs into a building, that's the scene. Here's my pics of him.

P1370666.JPG P1370673.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Welo opal??! Interesting premise:confused2:

No offense to welo opals. I love them, but you would have thought he’d be after some expensive rare gem.

How cool to see Adam though. I’ll tell my husband he’s in an upcoming movie about gems and see his eyes roll. Lol!

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
@icy_jade I hope not! Or if it does, I hope the prices don't go up!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly what I thought TL! As if it is some rare stone! It will probably make them more popular. I do love the welos I have also but reach for my other gems more.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool that you saw the filming Shiitake!!!!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
That furby... :confused2: I’ll never buy a welo, so they can raise it as they please!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Welo opal??! Interesting premise:confused2:

No offense to welo opals. I love them, but you would have thought he’d be after some expensive rare gem.

How cool to see Adam though. I’ll tell my husband he’s in an upcoming movie about gems and see his eyes roll. Lol!

(respectfully bolded by me).
What about “Moonstone” by Wilkie Collins? Moonstone is also not the top of the crop, yet it made itself into one of the best novels, possibly, the first detective novel. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(respectfully bolded by me).
What about “Moonstone” by Wilkie Collins? Moonstone is also not the top of the crop, yet it made itself into one of the best novels, possibly, the first detective novel. :)
Oh yes, I heard of that book! Very true!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
going to be really interesting to see him in a serouse role for a change, i don't like a lot of those silly movies
thanks for the heads up @ilovegemstones

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome Daisy!
Arkteia is Moonstone a good book? My cousin told me abiut it 29 years ago but I never got it. I think I will get it now though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results