shape
carat
color
clarity

Ack! Blue Nile bangle ruined

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
So my husband surprised me last month with a pair of platinum double slip over bangles from Blue Nile. An anniversary, birthday and early mother''s day combo. Beautiful but really light. I had no idea they would be ''fragile''. Unfortunately while waiting for my 11 year old to finish his karate class on Friday my 4 year old managed to kick me on the wrist. I was horrified when I looked down and one of the bangles was smooched flatter than a pancake! I immediately tried to unsmooch it but it''s like trying to straighten a paperclip- still had a couple of kinks. Understandably I was most upset. But the worst is yet to come. My husband had the ''brilliant''idea to try and hammer it out. When I looked at them on Sunday the bangle looked 100 times worse! As Blue Nile is hardly going to say for the price of a single bangle we''ll gladly fix the problem it seems I have only 2 options.
1. To wait until Blue Nile is having a 10% off special.
2. Thump my husband one!
Personally option 2 sounds more appealing!
lisaC

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this... but it happens all the time. Not that it would be impossible to actualy create some more wearable model with the same amount of metal (and they might have saved some Plat. on those), but for one reason or another few brands would bother to make their jewlery durable.

I suppose a jeweler could repair to close it's innitial state, but there is no way the bracelet will endure wear and tear - it wasn't meant to. And it's a pitty - 'cause it does look nice.

One can just wander what "lifetime of wear" means
11.gif
... at least for the gold chains they manage to mention "hollow" but not 'disclosure' whatsoever goes with the item you mention
8.gif
Unless your husband is a jeweler, I wouldn't hope he would get such (missing) message between BN's lines.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding. Blue Nile responded that they have never had any complaints about this bracelet and I seriously doubt I can find a jeweler willing to work on a hollow bracelet. Perhaps trying to melt it down and remake may not be worth the $$$.
15.gif

Heaven Sent

Rough_Rock
Sad situation... Little boys aren't the most cautious with ANYHTING!!! I have a 5 yr old and 6 yr old. They can be like little tornados at times.

Don't "thump" the husband, he was trying to help and will be more likely to get you something nicer from the guilt, eventually. Hehehe!!

Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/11/2004 5:18:57 PM lisaC wrote:

... I seriously doubt I can find a jeweler willing to work on a hollow bracelet.
15.gif
----------------

Hm... true. But these bracelets are by no means a rare model. BN may not replace it, but a jeweler can. Wouldn't any take it to reuse the metal? I am farely sure that some may find a solution if you present "the issue", even if it would not be repairing the original. I would not be very surprised to find bracelets like that in some 'semifinished' jewelry catalog...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results