shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA prices from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toolsmack2

Rough_Rock
Are "A Cut above" diamonds slightly more expensive because they are a branded stone?

I see some on the Whiteflash site that I like but they seem a bit higher priced than I expected.

If they are more expensive, do you posters think they are worth it? Are they a better quality?

I guess what I''m asking is what benefits will I get from an ACA diamond that offset the perceived 5% cost increase?

Thanks in advance

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that ACA's are higher priced when you consider that they do discount for PS members. I've found them to be very competitive.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
I have just bought a WF ACA stone - and believe that I got a pretty good deal! As Mara says, if you search through the 'known cut quality' area, you will see the Pricescope pricing that they discount for lucky us!

For me it was important to get a stone that I knew would be of great quality, especially since you can't see them in person. Felt pretty good about trusting WF, so part of the story is about comfort level too...

Good luck with your search!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I think ACA's are VERY fairly priced, considering the quality of the craftsmanship and their severe quality controls and tests. They do offer an extensive stock too. So, to sum up, yes, they are competitively priced in my opinion. The 5% discount for pricescopers is not too shabby either!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at these, the premium on H&As is by no means 5% ! Is it worth it? hard to tell, 'cause while there is some consistency among H&As for cut quality, not the same can be said about the other, no-name diamonds.

A way to split this dilema in the middle would be to hunt down a non-H&As with decent (and tested) light return. GOG has some (and the H&A serch engine on his site is woth a run), and there is the premium (but non ACA) set at WF. Tracking down the odd tone with great optics and no brand is probably going to require some shopping stamina, but it is not imposible. No idea wether all this effort is worth that price difference after all though.

toolsmack2

Rough_Rock
Well I see that my "perceived" 5% increase is really just my perception
1.gif

I guess if you consider a 5% mark-down then it comes out even.

So are ACA's better than other H&A's or are they similar to other sites branded-unbranded H&A's.

Another question: I assume that there are good and bad stones even within the "ACA" category. So what would make a good ACA and a bad ACA?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results