shape
carat
color
clarity

Abigail and my new band

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found this band yesterday at a local jeweler in their estate case. She seems to be a very nice match for my Abigail. Abigail is my 1.24 MRB G-SI2 - per IGI, and purchased before I knew better - that was in my original engagement ring. She was reset into this Gabriel & Co. “Veronique” setting earlier this year. (I’m looking into having her recut to ideal specs.)

Just thought I’d give her a little love since Eleanor and Lucy have been shown off a lot. ;)2

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great with your engagement ring!!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Queenie60 and @MissGotRocks. :kiss2:

This is a nice shot of them together. I’m glad I found this band for sure. I’m enjoying how they compliment one another. Abigail may not be a super ideal, but she’s still pretty special to me.

EF6D4A0B-534A-4D3D-A077-5EA4C4F7EC3F.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combo!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo that’s lovely, so sparkalicious :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Abigail is gorgeous..and the band is so sparkly! What a find!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great match! Your diamond looks totally fine in that pretty setting, too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful together.:love: Gorgeous!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combo!
Thank you!
Ooooooo that’s lovely, so sparkalicious :love:
Aww, you’re so sweet!
Abigail is gorgeous..and the band is so sparkly! What a find!
I originally bought the band as a stand alone, but it pairs almost perfectly with Abigail. I had no clue until I got it home and thought to give it a try. And thank you for your compliment on Abigail!
Great match! Your diamond looks totally fine in that pretty setting, too!
Do you really think so? I didn’t have any issue with the cut until I started seeing all of these super ideals on here. But she’s sparkly to me, even not as an ideal. Maybe I’ll leave her as is. :kiss2:
Beautiful together.:love: Gorgeous!
Thank you so much! I wore them both today and couldn’t stop checking them out together.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. And your diamond does not look like it needs recutting at all. It’s beautiful.
Thank you for that! My husband and I picked the diamond out together. I think you’re right that I should just enjoy her as she is.

Your set is incredible. Literally mind blowing
Wow! I appreciate the incredible compliment! Thank you, hun!
It really makes a gorgeous set of rings!!
I looked at them together under the loupe I have and was surprised at how similar they were. Kinda meant to be. Thank you for saying so! I appreciate that.
So pretty! No need to re-cut.
Thank you for chiming in on that. I needed to hear that reassurance and I really appreciate it. :kiss2:
Very beautiful set!!
Thank you!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your whole set!!! It has such a great "new" vintage feel. I think it's gorgeous and totally perfect. Kinda reminds me of some great CvB type combos. I honestly don't think it needs any kind of change whatsoever. I agree with others about just enjoying!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your whole set!!! It has such a great "new" vintage feel. I think it's gorgeous and totally perfect. Kinda reminds me of some great CvB type combos. I honestly don't think it needs any kind of change whatsoever. I agree with others about just enjoying!
That’s the aesthetic! Yes, @ohsomethingshiny you’ve got a distinctly CvB look going on with that band and your vintage-y halo. I wouldn’t recut that stone at all - it looks pretty gorgeous as it is

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I picked out this setting before I knew about PS or CvB. I knew I wanted something that had a more vintage feel and when I saw it, I just knew it was right for my stone. :kiss2: And I loved that it didn’t look like what’s super popular now.

That’s the aesthetic! Yes, @ohsomethingshiny you’ve got a distinctly CvB look going on with that band and your vintage-y halo. I wouldn’t recut that stone at all - it looks pretty gorgeous as it is
I truly appreciate your comments and vote of confidence in keeping it as is. It’s making me fall in love with her all over again. :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone is beautiful as is!
And if you need to scratch that super ideal cut itch, you can always put what it would have cost to recur it towards a pair of studs or pendant :lol:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the stone is beautiful as is!
And if you need to scratch that super ideal cut itch, you can always put what it would have cost to recur it towards a pair of studs or pendant :lol:
Aww, thank you so much! As for buying anything else, I am cutting myself off from any new pieces. I've been a little too over zealous with the purchasing lately. LOL! I've grounded myself.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you so much! As for buying anything else, I am cutting myself off from any new pieces. I've been a little too over zealous with the purchasing lately. LOL! I've grounded myself.

Haha I know how you feel. I was legitimately contemplating getting a piercing just to have one more place and reason to buy something shiny...
I could totally rock a diamond nose stud.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ohsomethingshiny what a find.:clap: Your new band matches your ring perfectly and makes one heck of a set. Your stone looks quite nice, I do not think I would recut it in your shoes.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous, vintage-y combination. Love, love, love it! :love:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ohsomethingshiny what a find.:clap: Your new band matches your ring perfectly and makes one heck of a set. Your stone looks quite nice, I do not think I would recut it in your shoes.
Thank you! I’m going to love and enjoy Abigail just as is.:kiss2:

A gorgeous, vintage-y combination. Love, love, love it! :love:
That vintage “frame” (halo) is what made me fall in love with the setting. It’s very me and so perfectly Abigail. I’m glad you love her too. :D

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your set is gorgeous! That's gotta be my favourite G&Co setting I've seen, and the band looks like it was made for it. The way they look together is making me possibly contemplate a gap, which I don't usually like.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your set is gorgeous! That's gotta be my favourite G&Co setting I've seen, and the band looks like it was made for it. The way they look together is making me possibly contemplate a gap, which I don't usually like.
Thank you so much for the sweet compliment. :kiss2: The rings will fit together better, but I am afraid the band would rub and possibly scrape up my ring. So I move them apart a little more.

Gabriel & Co. does make a curved band to fit this setting, but I like the idea of an estate piece better.

40F29086-1E02-4A69-B24A-45F5436B6AD1.jpeg 4A60EEC7-52B9-4FC4-86C7-71CFCD9641BC.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abigail is beautiful and they are beautiful together. Perfect set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results