shape
carat
color
clarity

A walk with my dog (multiple pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I had to post these pics--Ann Arbor is FROZEN right now, I played photojournalist and chronicled a walk with Stella. For some reason I can't make the pics bigger...

Here she is, ready to go out (haha)

stellaready.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Completely FROZEN tree--can see the ice if enlarged, but I can't post large here for some reason today...

frozen tree.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Close up

branchforz.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Frozen Berries on another tree-- I think this pic came out cool

berriesfroz.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I stopped to check her paws b/c she was crying and limping (salt in a paw, she''s OK now)...that''s my breath in the front and a frozen bush in back

breath dog.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Even the GRASS is frozen

frozen grass.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Frozen bush

bush.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
And, totally unrelated, but Stella's arch nemisis--the fat squirrel who lives outside our apartment and actually comes if called...this was taken just a few days ago before the ice storm!

That's all I've got for this pretty disjointed thread!!
35.gif

sq.png

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Cool pics sweetpea!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So cool, Sweatpea!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
FI and I just took Dylan on a walk a little while ago! It''s SO cold!! We also saw a lot of large branches and some trees down, as well as a couple of power lines.

I like the pictures.
1.gif
I tried to take some yesterday but they turned out really bad.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun pictures! It isn''t snowy or icy here but it is cold...and my SIL''s dog didn''t want to go outside to do his business! Pampered pup would rather stay inside. LOL.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
berriesfroz.png

Icewine!!!
9.gif
Cool pics!

cheers--Sharon

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 8:01:47 PM
Author: canuk-gal
berriesfroz.png

Icewine!!!
9.gif
Cool pics!

cheers--Sharon
Haha, yeah this pic looks really cool large--our camera isn't very good (at all--it's 3 years old and was cheap then--only 2.0 megapixels!), so I didn't post some other pics that you can only see the ice if they're enlarged, but it's pretty fun. My old boss said I should send them to CNN since they show pics of the weather in diff. parts of the country...maybe I will!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, cute pics Sweetpea!

It''s been snowy here too (outside Chicago), but there is a lot of salt on the sidewalks and I worry about the dogs getting the non-pet-friendly stuff on their paws and licking it off later...so I don''t walk them when it''s salty outside. They love to run around in our backyard and play in the snow every chance they get, though--it''s so cute because they''re beagles (shorties!) and more than a few inches and they are up to their chests, but they plow right through it anyway!
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sweetpea! It''s frozen here in New England too. I have a tree in my yard that looks like the "icewine" that Sharon referred too. Cool, huh? It took at least 20 miunutes to scrape the thick layer of ice off my car this morning. It''s days like this when I envy those of you living in a warmer climate.
8.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 8:34:15 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Hi Sweetpea! It''s frozen here in New England too. I have a tree in my yard that looks like the ''icewine'' that Sharon referred too. Cool, huh? It took at least 20 miunutes to scrape the thick layer of ice off my car this morning. It''s days like this when I envy those of you living in a warmer climate.
8.gif
Aw, I miss NE!! Im from Boston and this is my first year living out of Massachusetts.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetpea I love your dog
30.gif
may I ask what is the breed? I love the pics and made a collage of them for my pc''s front page

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cutie pie dog!!!!

Burrrrrrrr, you are making me cold looking at your cool photos

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 10:40:24 PM
Author: Macie
Sweetpea I love your dog
30.gif
may I ask what is the breed? I love the pics and made a collage of them for my pc's front page
Aw, I'm glad you like the pics! I used the berries one for my desktop!

Stella's a lab/pitbull mix (2 years old, full grown at 47 pounds), which apparantly is a new "designer" mix around here b/c some guy stopped FI in PetCo and asked what she was then said that's what he breeds.

She's so gentle, although strong for such a small girl, but not alpha, which is a good thing. She's very mellow but outgoing, and she's stronger than she looks. For less than 50 pounds, she's quite muscular and packs alot of power in her legs if she jumps up on you, which means a gentle leader for walks (the green face collar, which she doesnt like, but we need to be in control of her), and we're working on training her to not jump. I just don't want her scaring anyone, either, so having that collar gives me control and others security b/c alot of people fear pitt mixes, which I'm sure you've heard about with your cutie!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Aww what cute pics!!! I love that chubby squirrel :)

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I am so jealous. I am from very temperate and mild England, but lived in MI for a 18 months. I totally loved the Winter and especially Ann Arbor (we lived in Novi). There was a particularly lovely coffee shop and a great book store called Agathas. Ice and snow are my favourite weather conditions and I loved it. I hated the humid Summer weather though an spent lots of time in very cold air condiitoned ennvironments.

Your dog is so very very sweet

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Sweatpea: you must have read my mind because as I was driving to the gym and over the last couple of days here (i am about 45 min away from Ann Arbor) I was thinking that I should bust out my camera and take pics of the glistening trees around here! It was so beautiful in the sun! For the most part, today everything melted, but I think we''re bound for more snow/ice mix tonight and tomorrow...

Your dog is SO cute! I am working on convincing my DH to get a dog, haha.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 4:30:13 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
Sweatpea: you must have read my mind because as I was driving to the gym and over the last couple of days here (i am about 45 min away from Ann Arbor) I was thinking that I should bust out my camera and take pics of the glistening trees around here! It was so beautiful in the sun! For the most part, today everything melted, but I think we''re bound for more snow/ice mix tonight and tomorrow...

Your dog is SO cute! I am working on convincing my DH to get a dog, haha.
The humane society of huron valley in Ann Arbor has 4 or 5 puppies that are pitbull lab mixes. 3 look exactly like Stella! If you''re interested in a dog with a labish personality but smaller, you should go check them out-I beleive they''re 9 weeks old. I tried to convince B that Stella wants a puppy, but he didn''t go for it.

They''re actually the "cover dogs" for the website:

http://www.hshv.org/
http://www.hshv.org/waam-pet.htm
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7680233
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7680110
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7680371

I just want to adopt them all!!!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Hey Sweetpea...totally off topic, but I am coming to Ann Arbour on Saturday and was wondering if there were any nice jewelery stores that I should go to? I''m picking up my stone in oh....half an hour and will be on the setting hunt!

Thanks for any advice you have!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 4:57:36 PM
Author: sunshine14
Hey Sweetpea...totally off topic, but I am coming to Ann Arbour on Saturday and was wondering if there were any nice jewelery stores that I should go to? I''m picking up my stone in oh....half an hour and will be on the setting hunt!

Thanks for any advice you have!
There are a few nice stores on Main street, in the more downtown area. I havent bought anything from any of them, but there are 3 within easy walking distance of each other right on Main, in the 200''s (urban jewelers, schandaler and sons, etc).

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! It''s funny...looking at your photos...I''m in Windsor and we didn''t have any of that freezing rain that you got! And we aren''t even that far from each other! Beautiful pics by the way!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
ohh~~~ how I would love to have a puppy
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 5:17:54 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
ohh~~~ how I would love to have a puppy
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
You should get one (peer pressure!!!)!!! I feel so much for these little pups at the shelter, part of me wants to run over and adopt them all b/c I hate the thought of them being there! They''re so adorable too, I really like little Gayle, she seems cuddy and quieter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results