shape
carat
color
clarity

A Tale of Two Resets.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was the best of times.. it was the worst of times..
No actually it was just all the best.:D Sorry for the Dickens reference.. couldn't resist.:read:
I had 1.68 heart diamond pendant and a 2.65 carat pear ring just sitting around gathering dust so I decided to have them both reset into something that is new and fun!
My daughter has seen a heart set into a simple rose gold setting and loved it.. showed it to me and I loved it too.
Then there would be a necklace without a stone so I decided to take the pear stone out of the ring and have it set into the empty necklace.
They both turned out beautifully!! Just like the inspiration pictures.
I am now just looking for a rose gold band to wear with the rose gold heart ring. Deciding between something simple like a twisted rose gold band without stones or a rose gold band sprinkled with diamonds. Pictures of those choices to follow too. IMG_1992.JPG IMG_3385-1.JPG
This is the original necklace and ring.
Thanks for sharing this resetting journey with me. I always love to see the amazing resets in PS and follow along with the fun.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I would have taken either of them as they were, but I LOVE what you’ve done! That heart was crying out to be a ring - it’s amazing! And how can you have both of those honking beauties just, you know, sitting around?? Love their makeovers - great ideas! And for what it’s worth, I like the bottom rose gold band with the gypsey set diamonds.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Great resets (they were beautiful before, but I LOVE the new versions) :appl::appl::appl:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Love both resets!

I actually love the white gold beaded band you paired with the heart ring. The white metal really picks up the whiteness of the diamond. It just feels .... refreshing.

Can you share where you got the beaded band? Thanks!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T - thanks so much for your enthusiastic words about the resets! I think I like that band too. Didn't realize that it was called "gypsy" set.
Thanks Kipari.. you are so sweet!:wavey:

Hi Glitterinmyhair! I love the way you described the white band as refreshing. What a great way to look at it. I agree! I will wear it as a spare but I am going to get a rose gold matchymatchy one too.
The white gold beaded band is the VCA small perlee band. I usually buy designer pieces used on Ebay at a discount but this one I bought from a VCA store in Europe while on vacation. These rings are not that easy to find on Ebay and they sell at near to the retail price so I didn't mind buying it straight from the source.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who has over 4 carats of diamonds sitting around collecting dust ...not me:eek-2:

Glad you had them reset...I think pears make beautiful pendants and the heart shape ring looks like it would be fun to wear. Enjoy
your beautiful resets!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks tyty333! It's funny about the diamonds sitting around.
I had the heart necklace made about 20 years ago and wore it a lot when I first got it and then didn't for a long time. Then this holiday season I wore a jumpsuit that just cried out for a necklace like it so I wore it and loved it again. It almost made me want to scrap my plans to reset it but then I went ahead and I'm glad I did.:D
RE the pear ring.. that was my "middle" engagement ring. I had a one carat round to begin with and then 5 years later this pear and then about 10 years after that my current ring - pictured in my avatar.
So when i got the emerald cut ring as a 40th Bday present I gave the pear ring to my mother in law so she could enjoy it. We sized it up from a 4 to a 9 and she wore it for over 15 years. She just gave it back to me (she is 94) so I brushed off just a minimum of dust.:lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh! I love them! Congrats to you!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks msop04!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stunning resets.. glad you decided to bring the stones out of retirement!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww.. thank you Tekate!:love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They turned out great!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the resets! And yay for more hearts! Ever since I got a heart cut for my pendant I’ve been really into them. Yours looks fabulous!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Lovely resets, thank you for sharing them. I just gave my mother my pear ring—it feels good to give to a loved one.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, both the "before" and "after" are fabulous! I wouldn't know how to choose (maybe resolve by buying one more pear and heart and making more jewelry? :D) You chose well! I have a soft spot for heart-shaped solitaire rings, which is incidentally what I have for my e-ring. Your heart has beautiful proportions and size, and the pear looks really chic on you too! Congratulations!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jpie!:love:

Thanks fellow heart lover Makingthegrade! I would love to see a picture of your pendant.. post it on this thread if you can.:wavey:

Thanks Brownginger! Yes.. I totally agree.. half the fun about having fine things is to be able to share them with people you love. How sweet that you gave your mom your pear ring.:appl:

Thanks fellow heartlover Sparkle_ruckle! Hearts are special.. I agree. Would love to see your heart ER.. post if you can?:D

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both settings! Looks beautiful. I love solitaires as it really puts the focus on the stone.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous resets! Count me in for the heart fan club :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Thanks lambskin! I agree.. it's all about the stone especially the necklace.

T:love:hanks Jbake.. we are part of the same heart loving club for sure!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers, they turned out beautifully :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Thanks Austina!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just beautiful! I loved the befores and the after. Great pieces both. I hope you love love love them all over again.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww.. thanks so much luv2sparkle!:love:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous!!!!! That heart is gorgeous!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Thank you so much Laurenk!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results