shape
carat
color
clarity

a radiant engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
It happened 3 mos ago, on a beautiful Cape Cod beach, in front of my family. The one who holds my heart asked me to be his wife, and, of course, I said ''yes''! Finally getting around to posting the ring pics
1.gif

I learned a lot from this board. Even though the cut of my stone is not ideal by PS standards, my fiance and I selected it together and love the way it looks. If there is one thing I learned from all of you, that is the most important factor of all!

For you spec nuts out there:

GIA
Cut-Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
6.85x6.46x4.30 mm
1.73 carat
depth: 66.6%
table: 76%
girdle: slightly thick to thick
culet: none
polish: good
symmetry: good
clarity: VVS2
color: H
fluorescence: n

platinum, flat-sided, 3(?) mm band, size 4.5

more pics to follow, as I am ring-picture happy at the moment!

DSC02497a.jpg

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
another pic

DSC02557.jpg

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
full hand-shot

DSC02584a.jpg

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
Taking a cue from Nicrez, I tried some flower shots. Won't bore you with any more...at least not tonight!

DSC02513.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Bored??? Who could possibly be bored?
Your ring is beautiful. Congrats to you both.
I love the stone- looks very pretty

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
That is GORGEOUS! I love radiant cuts and that one is particularly beautiful. Best wishes and thanks for sharing!!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful! It looks perfect (and BIG!) on your hand! Post more pics - we never get bored of seeing them
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and you got some great pictures of it! My favorite is the one outside with the flowers. You have lovely hands.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Charlotte!! Your gorgeous ring looks absolutely perfect on your beautiful finger!!
love.gif

BTW, your avatar is adorable!! I had a cat that looked v similar - and what a terrific cat she was
9.gif

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments everyone. Sometimes I doubted my choice of an "H" colored stone, but in most light and against most backgrounds (especially here) it looks quite white. And I like the warmth and goldtones it has at other times.

DSC02573.jpg

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/26/2004 9:48:44 AM alexah wrote:

Congratulations Charlotte!! Your gorgeous ring looks absolutely perfect on your beautiful finger!!
love.gif

BTW, your avatar is adorable!! I had a cat that looked v similar - and what a terrific cat she was
9.gif
----------------

Thanks, Alexah
1.gif
Next to my fiance (of course), that little creature is the love of my life! The sweetest little 6.5 pounds of fluff the world has ever known!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I think radiants are awesome--and yours is a real winner!
love.gif
As others have noted, it really compliments your hand well--very nice!
1.gif

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
Can you find the daimond in this dianthus?
2.gif

DSC02523.jpg

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
Catching pink flecks from the "Firewitch" dianthus flower. (Flower shots are fun!)

DSC02534.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
wow--i really like it. we don't see enough radiants on this board! love those square stones. it looks fabulous on you--and you have beautiful hands.
1.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous ring! Thanks for sharing and congrats!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Charlotte! I love the flower shots, and the ring looks great on your hand also.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
great ring! great pictures! Congratulations...
love.gif

Reena is right, we don't see a lot of radiant cut on PS. I would love to see MORE if anyone else out there like to post them. But don't forget, I'M still working on getting mine...
appl.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures are so charming!

Your diamond catches every color around - blue, green and pink and yellow all brilliant. I could not think of a better way to show this in pictures.
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Love the ring, your cat and the pics of your flowers--kinda covers it all for me! Nicely done!

cheers

Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Cats and diamonds! My two favorite things!!! I love the stone and the simple classy setting!! Fantastic!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I love all the pics. You people get so creative.
Love it

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/26/2004 3:37:10 PM sevens one wrote:

Oh my, I love all the pics. You people get so creative.
Love it----------------

Thanks, sevens one! Creativity comes easy when you just can't stop taking pictures of this sparkly little rock. I'll see if I can get one of my cat AND my ring together for all you cat+diamond lovers.

DSC02538.jpg

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice Charlotte! Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful! I like the squareness of the stone and the squareness of the band. It looks fantastic together!!! Keep taking pics!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is gorgeous, love the squared off band, classy and elegant. looks beautiful on your hand, congratulations
1.gif

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
AWESOME!
appl.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!! Here I was, thinking that a thin, rounded band would be the only choice for me, and you, Charlotte, come along with an amazing setting that forces me to question life, liberty, and the pursuit of the perfect e-ring!
9.gif
J/K!
Seriously though, I absolutely L
love.gif
VE your first photo showing the mirror effect of your setting, and the second photo makes it look matte!!! I can't stop staring! Perfect setting for a gorgeous radiant!!! Oh yeah, and congrats on your engagement!
JCJD

Charlotte

Rough_Rock
JCJD,

I know what you mean. This forum can really mess with what you thought you wanted! So many great ideas and creative choices! I debated about getting a smaller band too. The jeweller said a wide band would make the stone appear smaller, while a thin one would make it appear bigger. But I love wide bands and if the stone seems smaller, so be it. It's still bigger than anything I ever imagined would be on my finger! My wedding band is the same style, same width and I love the way they look together! I try it on every few days, even though our wedding is a year away.

Like DiDiamond, I love the squareness of the stone next to the squareness of the band. Seems classic, yet somehow modern.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, well wishes, and for indulging me in my desire to share so many pics
wavey.gif
!

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations
appl.gif

Wow...it's beautiful. I happen to LOVE radiants. Of course, that's because I my ering is a radiant as well. Your's is a knockout. I'd love to see it together with your wedding band. I regret not getting my band at the same time we got my ering. Though we married this past July, I'm still searching for a "perfect" band.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
The last picture is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results