shape
carat
color
clarity

A premium on a Premium Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

howeyl

Rough_Rock
Would the below diamond be considered a premium cut? and it would it warrant a premium price for the spread over RAP or should I continue to look around b/c it is too shallow? I do not have any pics but it does have the visible table features of a stone that is 1.50ct. thanks for you thoughts

GIA report #2115479818
Measurements: 7.22 - 7.31 x 4.29 mm
Carat Weight: 1.37 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Very Good
Depth: 59.1%
Table: 60%
Crown Angle: 32.5°
Crown Height: 13.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Very Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.0%)
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Comments: Pinpoints are not shown.

howeyl

Rough_Rock
this is a round diamond

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 11:21:20 AM
Author: howeyl
this is a round diamond
Hi Howeyl

The diamond has potential - ask for an Idealscope image if you can get it and also check that the very thin girdle particularly coupled with the crown angle isn''t a potential durability issue. The term premium cut is very much open to differing interpretations, look at the stone and its desirable visual and physical properties rather than labels such as this.

howeyl

Rough_Rock
Is it worth a premium over the Rap price or should I be happy at the Rap price?

thanks
emwink.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What is the actual dollar value?

howeyl

Rough_Rock
Jeweler asking for $8,900

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You would do well to ignore Rap as irrelevant and search the database here or with other retailers in your neighborhood for comparable offers on real diamonds from competitive sellers. There are dozens listed for sale within a few points of that. It's entirely possible that this dealer is worth a premium, but Rap has nothing to do with it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

howeyl

Rough_Rock
Both look great, but it looks like they are limited on their settings. I am looking for an engraved vintage platinum with a pinch at the basket with some pave and/or shank.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 4:56:34 PM
Is it worth a premium over the Rap price or should I be happy at the Rap price?

thanks
emwink.gif
nope,not for this stone.infact,i wouldn''t pay over Rap for any stone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2010 11:00:15 PM
Both look great, but it looks like they are limited on their settings. I am looking for an engraved vintage platinum with a pinch at the basket with some pave and/or shank.
If you know what you''re looking for in a setting BGD has produced some beautiful custom pieces.

howeyl

Rough_Rock
Is there a general rule for negotiating a discount from the Jeweler once they come out with their initial prices for the diamond & setting without making anyone upset?

What discount percentage would you consider a successful negotiation from the original offer?

Thanks

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2010 11:02:36 PM
Is there a general rule for negotiating a discount from the Jeweler once they come out with their initial prices for the diamond & setting without making anyone upset?

What discount percentage would you consider a successful negotiation from the original offer?

Thanks
depending on the cut quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results