shape
carat
color
clarity

A penny for your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dncdnc

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I looked at a ring in a B&M store today, and it has a lovely setting. I''ve put the AGS report below with all of the stats. Any thoughts? I would love your input. What do you think is a reasonable price range for a diamond like this, loose? We are trying to decide between this e-ring or buying the stones online and having it custom made.

Thanks.

Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.82 - 5.84 x 3.55 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.5 (G)
Clarity Grade: AGS 5 (SI1)
Carat Weight 0.737
Fluorescence: Negligible

Polish:
Symmetry:
Table: 56.1%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown Height: 15.2%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.5% to 3.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion Depth: 42.8%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Girdle Length: 75%
Total Depth: 61.0%
Culet: Pointed

HCA 1

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi dnc,

It looks great on paper! Comparing like stats, and AGS0, they are running in the range of roughly 2600-2800.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look good to me. A similar weight stone on WF is priced at $2588 after discount.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Looks good, but don't be disappointed if the bricks and mortar store pricing is higher than internet pricing. They've got higher overhead and offer more "add-on" services than the typical internet vendor.

There's a lot to be said for establishing a relationship with a local jeweler.

But then again, it's getting to where you can establish personal relationships with internet vendors as well. They're just not as easy to hop in your car and talk to face-to-face is all.

A competitive bricks and mortar vendor might be the answer. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to go internet.

dncdnc

Rough_Rock
FF here, thanks so very much. Everyone here is wonderful, and pricescope has been the best find ever.

The ring we looked at in the store had the center diamond listed, with a total of 7 stones -- the center diamond, then 2 side diamonds ~.3 ct each, and then 4 stones at around ~.1 ct each, total weight 1.75ct. We don''t have certifier information on any of the sidestones, but the two largers sparkled as beautifully as the center stone and didn''t have any inclusions that we could see under 10x scope at the store and were well color-matched. My partner''s comments were "OMG this stone is breathtaking."
It''s set in 14k white gold, rhodium plating.
Comes with the AGS certificate for the center diamond, insurance appraisal, and lifetime guarantee on the diamonds themselves.
The total on the ring, 20% off if paid in full, would be $5970

If we design ourselves, we''d be using Jewelsmith in Durham NC (www.jewelsmithonline.com). We''d be going for 5 stones rather than 7, sticking with ideal cuts for the 3 larger stones (center ~.7 to -.8ct, then 0.3ct, then 0.1ct for the tinier stones), considering doing the diamonds (except the 0.1ct ones) from BlueNile, pending pricing them out at Jewelsmith.
If custom-made, it would Platinum 900 with iridum, which we prefer to the white gold setting. The custom-made setting would run about $2000; we can get a wax cast first before they do the metal-work.

Thank you all for your awesome-ness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results