shape
carat
color
clarity

A new antique cushion cut in the making

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''m just so excited. I bought this antique cushion from Old World Diamonds about 10 minutes ago. 1.75, 7.69 x 6.89 x 4.70, VS2, M. Tomorrow it will be on it''s way to Wink to have it set in the Vatche Alexa mounting (Vatche is modifying it for a cushion)
36.gif

1_75_OldCushionCut.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
And here is the mounting that Vatche will mod for my cushion. It''s a little weird buying a stone and having it mounted without setting eyes on it. I think the next 6 weeks or so are going to be longgggg.

vatche_alexa.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, it''s going to be a stunning ring!!! I love the stone you picked out and it''s going to look great in that setting!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
i am loving all these older stones.

love your stone!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amazing! That should be an incredible pairing - I can''t wait to see it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those will be gorgeous together!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yum! It''s going to be gorgeous!

How was OWD to work with? Did they send you additional pictures/info before buying?

A co-worker wants an older, super-firey stone for his GH and we were poking around on their site.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
That ring looks amazing! I can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that''s wonderful looking!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning! Can''t wait for more pics!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
The more I see of these warm colored diamonds, the more I''m getting a hankering for one!!!

Your diamond and setting look very yummy!

lamer

Rough_Rock
cushions are my fave, and this one is no exception! such a unique stone, great find!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great choices!

cheers--Sharon

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the support fellow PS''rs.

Old World was easy to work with. Honestly I didn''t even bother to ask for additional pictures, I''m sure they would have been happy to provide them if I had. I''d been eyeing that stone for a couple of months. Erica had a couple I would have been proud to own also, but this stone being smaller was easier on my budget and I really wanted a cushion. You guys probably think I''m nuts to buy it off one picture
20.gif

It''s really just a gift from me to me, so I wasn''t all that interested in perfection especially in an older cut. The price was right, it''s VS, and I liked the size. They did say I could have a look at it and return it if I didn''t like it, but I just had it sent on to Winfields.

Between my pear and this antique cushion, I only have one more diamond on my wish list. Sooner or later I still want a fab emerald cut set east-west. But who knows, this may satisfy my sparkly urges since I only have two hands
37.gif

Now I have to work on patience, and believe me, that''s not one of my strengths.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful, but you are really brave to have it set without seeing it! I love that Vatche setting and can''t wait to see it finished!

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Ooh.. that''s going to look amazing!

Can''t wait to see it when it''s finished!
1.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I love antique cushions!! It looks beautiful. I can''t wait to see it set!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice stone. I am loving all these old cuts, makes me really want one! Can''t wait to see pics of the final product.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yummylicious!!!!

shay

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy yummy stone!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy yummy stone!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
That setting is perfection for an old cut. Everyone is going to ask if it is an heirloom, and it will be!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is yummy
18.gif
the combination of that beautiful old world stone and that setting will just be stunning :) can''t wait to see the finished product :)

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congrats, PP! The stone looks to be a winner and I HEART the setting a lot too!

Cant wait to see hand pics!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! That is going to be one great ring.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I love both the setting and the stone! What a beautiful combination!!!

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see it in its new setting!!!
1.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
WOW. That looks like it''s an incredible stone. And I love the setting. Be prepared for lots of questions and admiration! That is going to be a stunning ring! It''ll knock your socks off! So wear clean ones! Just think... They could hit someone in the face or something!
23.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Helllllo lovahhhhhhhhhhhhh......
3.gif

That stone is incredible...and the setting, gorgeous. I can''t wait to see it all put together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results