shape
carat
color
clarity

A long time coming... (Budget) Paraiba Toumaline ring!

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
I bought the paraibas from Cecile Raley Designs on Etsy and had the setting custom made with JewelryHoo2 on ebay. The setting was custom and came with the diamond side stones at $360. Altogether cost just under $1400!

ring2.jpeg

ring.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It looks lovely in your hand.
Is that a stock design for them or yours?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! I love the design of the setting!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nothing about that ring that looks budget though! Looks like a roaring 20s headpiece, gorgeous!:lickout:
Edit: I'm, I just realized that your parentheses around budget probably indicated the reason for why it was a long time coming. Feeling dumb. Sorry!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congrats!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the paraibas from Cecile Raley Designs on Etsy and had the setting custom made with JewelryHoo2 on ebay. The setting was custom and came with the diamond side stones at $360. Altogether cost just under $1400!

ring2.jpeg

ring.jpeg

I love this SO MUCH! How did you know how many paraiba side stones to buy from Yvonne?? I would love to make something like this (not exactly the same, of course) for my moonstone, but wouldn't know how to figure out how many paraiba melee stones were necessary.

This doesn't look budget AT ALL! It looks super luxe and amazing.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome ring and so cool you designed it yourself!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous ring. I love the Art Deco flair and the paraiba “fans” (for lack of a better word). It’s such a unique ring and I can’t believe you got it in at $1,400...that’s crazy! Especially considering how much anything paraiba costs these days.

Formally requesting more pictures. This is too good not to have a pic overload. :mrgreen2:

ETA: Great job on the design front!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great buy and beautiful ring.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! You did a wonderful job on the design. More pics please! =)2

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
I love this SO MUCH! How did you know how many paraiba side stones to buy from Yvonne?? I would love to make something like this (not exactly the same, of course) for my moonstone, but wouldn't know how to figure out how many paraiba melee stones were necessary.

This doesn't look budget AT ALL! It looks super luxe and amazing.

Hey feel free to use the design!! When I design I like to screen shot a picture of graph paper and then designate one square = 1mm. Then I use paintbrush/MS paint/other image software to create the design. That way I can get a good sense of how many side stones I need and the overall size. Originally I had four "fan" things but not only was that going to be HUGE on my hand, but also would double the number of melee I needed and those lil guys are pricey!! Here is the design I sent them, if you're interested:

ringdesign.png

When I sent it to them they said it would look better with six diamonds along each side and ultimately I used 1.5mm melee on the north and south stone instead of 2.00

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW!! Your ring looks spectacular and not at all budget! I love it! :love::love::love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So awesome! Looks lile you paid way more for it! Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous design and ring!

Eady

Rough_Rock
That looks beautiful! Love the design and that colour! :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
:love::love::love:Unique and beautiful! I love your design for the paraiba. :kiss2:

I think you bought one that I wanted to get, but now that I've seen these pictures I'm actually glad you ended up with it instead :P2.

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
:love::love::love:Unique and beautiful! I love your design for the paraiba. :kiss2:

I think you bought one that I wanted to get, but now that I've seen these pictures I'm actually glad you ended up with it instead :P2.

I actually bought it back in 2016. That's why it's a long time in the making!

mpc

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!! I love the design!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful design! love the glowy cab too. :clap:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You hit it out of the park with that design...WOW!!!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I'm so impressed that you designed it yourself! I'm having a paraiba cab of Yvonne's set right now in her shop. Mine is 8x5 but otherwise looks very much like yours. Hope that you enjoy the heck out of your new pretty :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
I actually bought it back in 2016. That's why it's a long time in the making!
My apologies, I thought it was one she listed more recently. Great job on setting this for less than $1400!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the design...perfect for showcasing for your beautiful paraiba!

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is seriously beautiful. Good work!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey feel free to use the design!! When I design I like to screen shot a picture of graph paper and then designate one square = 1mm. Then I use paintbrush/MS paint/other image software to create the design. That way I can get a good sense of how many side stones I need and the overall size. Originally I had four "fan" things but not only was that going to be HUGE on my hand, but also would double the number of melee I needed and those lil guys are pricey!! Here is the design I sent them, if you're interested:

ringdesign.png

When I sent it to them they said it would look better with six diamonds along each side and ultimately I used 1.5mm melee on the north and south stone instead of 2.00
I need to become creative enough to do this! I just see pics of settings I like and ask "can you make this?" Works out sometimes, but not always, and definitely doesnt result in amazing unique designs like these!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super pretty ring - well done!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very very lovely and unique. The colour combi looks royal Egyptian! So exotic!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh.my.gosh! Your ring is dreamy and I am so happy for you! Enjoy every second wearing it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results