shape
carat
color
clarity

A little something on the way

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I won an auction today and hopefully I did alright. Here is what I know it is stamped STS 14k PAT. Between .25 and .27 tdw, the main diamond has four small diamonds surrounding. The listing specified the diamonds were tested and are genuine.

This is very similar to my mother's engagement ring which was stolen many years ago, this one has a larger center stone. My mom's ring was 40's-50's and has the same cut outs on the head, this is going back 15 years ago but I remember every detail about it.

Any idea on cut? I only have a couple of pictures but I can certainly share more when it arrives ;-)

IMG_3158.jpg IMG_3159.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty StephanieLynn! I can wait to see it on your hand!
I love the old settings:love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Stracci! It is a tiny size four currently so maybe I can throw it on my pinkie just for some decent pictures.

I so agree about the old settings and old diamonds, they just have character and flaws that are so charming.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty. Looks like it might have a bit of blue fluorescence- exciting.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a lovely ring and such a cool setting. I’d love to see pics when it arrives.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie I love this, I’m very enamored by this style of setting, can’t wait to see pics!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys, look what came today! :dance:

Okay so disclaimer, I am not a great picture taker when I can't find my camera but this was the best I could do with the trusty IPhone.

Now about the ring, I gotta tell you when I got her she looked great then louped her and the main stone was still great but those smaller single cuts were so dirty I wasn't sure if they were all there!:sick: Some of these pictures were taken before I realized how dirty those small stones were. It's also strange because they almost sit under the main diamond. Thankfully though they are and I have been working on cleaning them, must be 70 years worth of dirt and grime on them, yikes. Anyways other than that she looks great, thinking this might be a transitional.

IMG_3193.JPG IMG_3200.JPG IMG_3209.JPG IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3220.JPG IMG_3223.JPG IMG_3230.JPG IMG_3232.JPG IMG_3234.JPG IMG_3237.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Makes a nice stack.
I am jealous of that sapphire eternity band........:love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Makes a nice stack.
I am jealous of that sapphire eternity band........:love:

Thanks! That was a Ruby Lane find. Oh and the diamond was a Goodwill auction :P2

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s nice!! It’ll clean up a treat and be a sparkle bomb.
I think it might be an early MRB - look at how long and slender those rays are under the table.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks fox, I ran it through the ultrasonic last night then used a small dental brush (I think called a proxy brush) to really get the underneath part. Vinegar, Dawn, Windex and boy what a difference! Really had to scrub it though, never had to scrub a ring like that before lol!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad this old vintage ring is getting some love!
The old pieces are definitely worth revisiting.
StephanieLynn you are an inspiration to us all to dig out the vintage pieces and wear them again.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be that the gold was kinda tarnished.
Yes, gold can tarnish, based on the alloys used.
A little Tarn-X might have worked, too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh that is really pretty Stephanie! I love it with your other bands, looks great. My guess would be an early MRB. Wonderful find!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 do I try the Tarn-X anyways?
You may still have a darkish haze in the crevices, and this might help, without all the scrubbing. If the darkness bothers you.
I have an antique gold watch chain that was dark in between the decorative links, and a little Tarn-X brightened it up alot.
Of course, never use Tarn-X on pearls, coral, turquoise, jet, costume jewelry, etc. It is very caustic and will discolor or ruin soft stones.
And to apply, use a small cheap artists brush or a Qtip, let it set just a few seconds or so, and rinse thoroughly.
A little dab'll do ya! Don't dip or soak.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! So pretty :mrgreen2:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! So pretty!

Be sure to check for any loose diamonds now that you got all that gunk out... sometimes it’s the glue that holds those smaller stones in there!:lol-2:

JR_YATES

Rough_Rock
Trade
Based on what I see it looks like an early modern round brilliant, or possibly a transitional cut. Would need to see closer. But either way it looks really pretty!

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really like the way the stones curve upward and hug the stone! Great find :)

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
*prongs not stones! Oops

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COOL! I haven’t seen anything like the four small stones under the larger diamond. So unique and looks great with your stackers. :D

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and looks great with your stacking rings. Like Stone Hunter I have not seen a setting quite like this with the small diamonds. Great find!:clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results