shape
carat
color
clarity

A. Jaffe Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristlew

Rough_Rock

Hello All,

I''m new to the forum and have been doing a bit of reading/lurking.

I''m looking at the A. Jaffe e-ring style number mes307/147. (See picture here )The jewler told me all the side diamons are G/VS2. Also told me that the 18K white gold is mixed with palladium, and therefore not ''plated'' and will never yellow - does that sound accurate?

I am thinking I will only get the e-ring, not the band, most likely. It is 2mm thick, do you think on a size 7.5 finger that will look too thin to stand alone? I have tried it on, just think it might be on the borderline of good size/thin.

I contacted Pearlman''s as people on here seemed to have good experiences with them and he let me know they are no long selling Jaffes due to customer service issues. Has anyone had any service/workmanship issues with the Jaffe rings?

Thank You!

Kristle

Von03

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry I don''t have any info to offer, but wanted to say "what a beautiful ring".

kristlew

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I just started looking at rings recently and really love this one. I''m anxious to have the jewelry store order it and be able to start wearing it. Just figured it would be nice to get some feedback from all the jewelry vets around here!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is one lady on PS who has an A. Jaffe wedding set and I can''t remember who she is, but maybe she''ll see your post.

I can tell you that I almost bought a 2.5mm wide, ten stone, ( five points each) A. Jaffe shared prong band and the only reason I didn''t is because it was too expensive (.50 pts. for $2500.-) for me to buy on a whim. My ring finger is a size 6 and I thought the 2.5mm looked OK, although 3mm is more up my alley (bigger diamonds!).

To be perfectly honest with you, I''m going to have the same ring (minus the Euro shank) made by one of our jewelers here and it''s not going to be anywhere near $2,500.- and in my opinion, the quality is going to be better.

Brian-Gavin-Euro-Shank3-150x150.jpg

kristlew

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully the lady with the Jaffe rings will see the post as well.

My one issue with the ring was the price, since it doesn''t have any large stones, i wasn''t expecting it to be that high. We are really lacking on jewelry stores where I llive (besides for a couple ''kays'') and this place is the one high end jeweler in our town. I was concerned that maybe you just had to pay that premium for a ring with a nice look that was put together well.

The ring you are having made - is it at a local jeweler? I''ve read some posts on people getting rings made from various sources on this site - i think white flash is a big one? I guess i''m just very apprehensive about buying expensive jewelry online (even though I seem to buy everything else on here
emsmile.gif
). I actually asked the jeweler about having something custom made there w/o the designer/HOF ''price tag'' for the same look and good quality, and they basically told me it would be even more expensive. I then spoke to my father who had a ring designed there, and he didn''t tell me the exact cost, but noted that the ring he made for my mother which was just a plain platinum solatire setting, was more expensive than this one. Does anyone know of any good jewelers in FL that I could possibly take a weekend trip to design a ring; or do most people here feel safe with doing so online?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 9:06:10 AM
Author: kristlew

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully the lady with the Jaffe rings will see the post as well.

My one issue with the ring was the price, since it doesn''t have any large stones, i wasn''t expecting it to be that high. We are really lacking on jewelry stores where I llive (besides for a couple ''kays'') and this place is the one high end jeweler in our town. I was concerned that maybe you just had to pay that premium for a ring with a nice look that was put together well.

The ring you are having made - is it at a local jeweler? I''ve read some posts on people getting rings made from various sources on this site - i think white flash is a big one? I guess i''m just very apprehensive about buying expensive jewelry online (even though I seem to buy everything else on here
emsmile.gif
). I actually asked the jeweler about having something custom made there w/o the designer/HOF ''price tag'' for the same look and good quality, and they basically told me it would be even more expensive. I then spoke to my father who had a ring designed there, and he didn''t tell me the exact cost, but noted that the ring he made for my mother which was just a plain platinum solatire setting, was more expensive than this one. Does anyone know of any good jewelers in FL that I could possibly take a weekend trip to design a ring; or do most people here feel safe with doing so online?
My ring will be made by Brian & Lesley Gavin. Brian''s signature diamonds are also hearts and arrows diamonds and they''re reasonably priced for the best quality money can buy in my humble opinion. Whiteflash''s ACAs were Brian''s original hearts and arrows diamonds, but since starting their own company, the specs on Brian''s signature diamonds have been tweaked even further to create the very best H&A diamonds available. That''s why I''m going with them.

As far as A. Jaffe goes or any other designer name, people pay a premium for the brand and for me, it''s not worth it. I''d rather pay for the materials instead of a popular name.

I''ve had a custom piece made by Whiteflash, one made from Good Old Gold and I''m having one made now by Brian & Lesley. All of our preferred vendors are very reputable people who stand behind their quality. There''s nothing to worry about when using any of them.

kristlew

Rough_Rock
Could you tell me a little bit about the process you''ve been through to make your ring?

Do you contact the Gavin''s and basically let them know the look/quality you want and they come up with something? Is the picture you posted the ring you are getting? Has this ring been previously designed and that''s why the picture is available or do they use some kind of simluator to show you what your ring will look like? If you could provide estimates based off of what you know: how much do you think the cost would be and how long do you think it would take to have the ring with a designer like Gavin? (For the same type of e-ring i was looking at: ~.5 cts, white gold mixed with palladium & 3 side pave?)

Thank you so much for all your help!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 10:36:20 AM
Author: kristlew
Could you tell me a little bit about the process you've been through to make your ring?

Do you contact the Gavin's and basically let them know the look/quality you want and they come up with something? Is the picture you posted the ring you are getting? Has this ring been previously designed and that's why the picture is available or do they use some kind of simluator to show you what your ring will look like? If you could provide estimates based off of what you know: how much do you think the cost would be and how long do you think it would take to have the ring with a designer like Gavin? (For the same type of e-ring i was looking at: ~.5 cts, white gold mixed with palladium & 3 side pave?)

Thank you so much for all your help!
It's no problem, we're all here to help. No the project they're working on now for me is a necklace. That fishtail pave' band will be made to match a stone they're going to set for me in the near future.

Whether you chose B&L or Whiteflash or anyone else, you can look through the things they have made already in the case of B&L in their "Photos Talk" section-
, or go to Whiteflash's website and look through their on- line catalogue to get ideas. If you don't see exactly what you want, either of them can make it custom for you to your exact specifications. The custom process is helped along through the use of CAD (computer assisted design). Their CAD designer will take your specs and features and turn it into actual photo representations of your ring. Start to finish? I'd say you should plan on four weeks to complete your design.

No, no estimates here. Everyone's choices are slightly different. You'll have to either email Lesley Harris-Gavin to get the process started with them -
[email protected] or call Whiteflash (1-877-612-6770) and speak to someone there. Bob and Vera helped me with my five stone but they have other very capable people there now too. Once you tell them what you're trying to create, the precious metal you are chosing and the quality of the diamonds you'd like, then they'll work up a number for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results