shape
carat
color
clarity

A Holiday Guest

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny. He's young and in a new space. Goodnight. Hopefully he won't cause structural damage!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1450859876|3965235 said:
Too funny. He's young and in a new space. Goodnight. Hopefully he won't cause structural damage!

If he does, I'm in so much trouble!!11 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Woody is such a LOVE. :love: :love: :love:

Andelain, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mitch. What a beautiful boy. He is indeed at Rainbow Bridge with all of our missed beloved furbabies and they are all playing together happy and at peace. (((Hugs))).

Thank you for fostering Woody! You are a wonderful person!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's quite handsome and has a fun personality too! Thanks so much for fostering him and volunteering at your SPCA!!!!!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
THUD!

THUD! THUD!

CRASH!

SMACK! THUD! CRASH!

THUD!

I need to go back in and check on my bathroom fixtures, but am afraid to. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry if I am laughing.

Laughing hard.

Let us know if your bathroom survived.

I thought the floors were lovely.

You know.

BEFORE.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1450942420|3965675 said:
Sorry if I am laughing.

Laughing hard.

You know.

BEFORE.

:lol: :lol:

Please let us know if everything is ok in there! Woody sounds rambunctious!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per your request, Andelain, my furbaby #2, aka charcoal and white cow cat!

She's got a little rug - her toupee, two domino-esque dots on her back, and a pinned on gray tail :lol: :lol: :lol: . Manipulating little expletive, she furrows her brow and down turns her eyes when she really really wants food badly. Never seen a kitty that furrows her brow like she has shar pei wrinkles.

_35793.jpg

_35794.jpg

_35795.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the kitties in this thread, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1450942420|3965675 said:
Sorry if I am laughing.

Laughing hard.

You know.

BEFORE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A note to Woody:

Dear Woody,
We truly hope you are enjoying your stay here at Hotel Andelain, and and are here if you need anything to make your stay more comfortable. However, a few concerns have been brought to our attention. Your kind attention to these matters is appreciated.

1. The floor tile is made of ceramic, which is harder than your head. I know you believe differently, and thus continue to test this, but it's not necessary.

2. See #1, the granite countertop is also harder than your head. Seriously, it is.

3. Kitty Litter Fling is NOT an Olympic sport. There's no gold medal waiting for you once you've tossed the entire contents of your box to the far end of the room.

4. Your cat food is just as fresh scattered all over the place as it is in your bowl. You are kindly requested to eat the kibbles from every square foot of your room before you insist your bowl be refilled.

5. The Orchids have been moved to the laundry room for the duration of your stay, for good reason. The door opens outward into the bathroom, which means it's very unlikely to pop open no matter how many times you fling your ample self against it.

6. The location we're in is billed as a luxury apartment, which means we're all expected to be quiet and courteous here. Quiet and courteous does not include belly whomping to the floor from atop the counter at all hours of the night.

7. The ceiling in your room is 10' high. I'd like to know how those pawprints got there. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know....

8. There is nothing breakable remaining on the counter, therefore there's no reason for you to continuously knock everything off.

9. The scratch pad with the ball track around it is in there for your amusement. It's not there for you to push between the toilet and the door, making opening the door very difficult.

10. Playing footsies under the door with the Siamese is fine. However, when Her Highness decides your audience with her is done, there's no reason for you to bodyslam the door repeatedly. It won't convince her to grace you with more of her time, in fact she's sitting a few feet away rolling her blue eyes at you.

We are here to serve you, and hope your stay is an enjoyable and comfortable one.

Warm regards,
The Management

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1451063714|3966142 said:
Per your request, Andelain, my furbaby #2, aka charcoal and white cow cat!

She's got a little rug - her toupee, two domino-esque dots on her back, and a pinned on gray tail :lol: :lol: :lol: . Manipulating little expletive, she furrows her brow and down turns her eyes when she really really wants food badly. Never seen a kitty that furrows her brow like she has shar pei wrinkles.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain, that was hilarious.
From Woody to the management:

So the floor is tile, huh?

Challenge accepted.

:Up_to_something:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, Your letter is PRICELESS!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am laughing so hard right now!
He is a beautiful guy with lots of personality. Hope he has a forever home soon.

Until then, thank you for giving him a place to stay for the holidays!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1451123943|3966341 said:
Andelain, that was hilarious.
From Woody to the management:

So the floor is tile, huh?

Challenge accepted.

:Up_to_something:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Management,

Thank you for your kind letter regarding my stay, or rather, my incarceration in your lovely bathroom. You seem to be under the impression that I am a short-term boarder. But you couldn't be more wrong. You see, all of the smashing, banging and crashing is simply me putting an indelible mark upon your fine establishment. In the event that you are still deluded into believing you can live without me, I will at the very least leave physical reminders of my presence. I doubt, however, that I shall have to work at this much longer because I can sniff a foster fail when I smell one.

As for the Siamese, she will eventually thank you for enhancing her life with my gallant and enervating adorable fluffy self.

Cordially,
The Royal Wood

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1451344461|3967588 said:
Dear Management,

Thank you for your kind letter regarding my stay, or rather, my incarceration in your lovely bathroom. You seem to be under the impression that I am a short-term boarder. But you couldn't be more wrong. You see, all of the smashing, banging and crashing is simply me putting an indelible mark upon your fine establishment. In the event that you are still deluded into believing you can live without me, I will at the very least leave physical reminders of my presence. I doubt, however, that I shall have to work at this much longer because I can sniff a foster fail when I smell one.

As for the Siamese, she will eventually thank you for enhancing her life with my gallant and enervating adorable fluffy self.

Cordially,
The Royal Wood

I smell the truth.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1451344461|3967588 said:
Dear Management,

Cordially,
The Royal Wood

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one! He's been trying to convince me! :love: :love: :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1451364907|3967704 said:
I smell the truth.

If he had his way.... He and my Siamese want to play so badly now. But tonight I was at the SPCA to walk dogs, and I spent some time with a blind, senior calico that's been there a while. Today the sign on her cage had changed to "Not available, medical hold" I took her packet to the front desk and asked what was wrong, she's being tested for thyroid issues. It looks like she's going to be a hospice case, and I told them I want to foster her if she is. She deserves a home for her last days or weeks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1451372295|3967730 said:
I smell the truth.

If he had his way.... He and my Siamese want to play so badly now. But tonight I was at the SPCA to walk dogs, and I spent some time with a blind, senior calico that's been there a while. Today the sign on her cage had changed to "Not available, medical hold" I took her packet to the front desk and asked what was wrong, she's being tested for thyroid issues. It looks like she's going to be a hospice case, and I told them I want to foster her if she is. She deserves a home for her last days or weeks.

Woody is okay with that. He'll help brighten her last days with his antics.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1451372753|3967732 said:
I smell the truth.

4 cats in this apartment?!?!?!?!?! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1451373348|3967733 said:
Gypsy|1451372753|3967732 said:
I smell the truth.

4 cats in this apartment?!?!?!?!?! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

I have 6 in mine.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1451375039|3967736 said:
I have 6 in mine.

How big is your apartment?

I'm supposed to have only 2, according to my lease. :oops:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1451375472|3967738 said:
I have 6 in mine.

We are supposed to have 3 only. My apartment is about 1100 square feet. But that's misleading. Lucy gets her own room, and it's a big room. The others share the rest of the space. Lucy isn't a 'sharer' of well... anything. But mostly living space.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1451375770|3967740 said:
Andelain|1451375472|3967738 said:
I have 6 in mine.

We are supposed to have 3 only. My apartment is about 1100 square feet. But that's misleading. Lucy gets her own room, and it's a big room. The others share the rest of the space. Lucy isn't a 'sharer' of well... anything. But mostly living space.

Yours is still a good bit bigger than mine. I live i the smallest floorplan offered here, I took it because I wanted the location. With just 1BR/1bath I don't have a lot of way to separate kitties. Right now I have my 2's litter box in the kitchen. I can't let Woody mix with mine, because he's got a chronic viral infection that I don't want my exposed to anymore than necessary. The calico won't have to be separated beyond introductions, as long as Miss Priss doesn't rough her up for being blind.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, plenty of room!

My mom has two cats and a dog living with her.... In about 100 square feet of motor home. Been there for a couple of years now.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
An update;

I didn't keep Woody, he wasn't a good fit for me and my other cats although he was a real sweetheart. When I took him back from his vacation I gave them a detailed personality assessment, including things he was doing differently once he was away from the SPCA. That's useful, since he's grown up there. I've visited him twice since he went back, always going straight to his cage and dragging him out and trading smooches with his loveable self before I started walking dogs or anything else.

So tonight I check in, then go to the cage he'd been in. There's a cute little tortie head-butting the cage wanting me to pet her. Adorable, but not Woody. No biggie, they move the cats around all the time. So I go to the front desk to ask where he got moved to and find out.............

WOODY GOT ADOPTED!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Andelain!!
I'm sure you are beyond pleased!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1452569208|3974557 said:
An update;

I didn't keep Woody, he wasn't a good fit for me and my other cats although he was a real sweetheart. When I took him back from his vacation I gave them a detailed personality assessment, including things he was doing differently once he was away from the SPCA. That's useful, since he's grown up there. I've visited him twice since he went back, always going straight to his cage and dragging him out and trading smooches with his loveable self before I started walking dogs or anything else.

So tonight I check in, then go to the cage he'd been in. There's a cute little tortie head-butting the cage wanting me to pet her. Adorable, but not Woody. No biggie, they move the cats around all the time. So I go to the front desk to ask where he got moved to and find out.............

WOODY GOT ADOPTED!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Andelain, that's fantastic news!!!!! Woo-hobo!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I bet your assessment of his personality really helped to match him up with the right family! I'm so excited that he found a home! Thank you for helping Woody! :clap:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now hopefully it proves to be a forever home .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results