shape
carat
color
clarity

A good sign?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuesday

Rough_Rock
I may have to change my user icon soon!

Six months ago, BF and I had a serious talk about marriage. While it''s not an ultimatum, I told him that if nothing had happened by Thanksgiving we''d need to take a serious look at our relationship and where we were headed. As Thanksgiving approaches, it''s been a bit of a topsy-turvy time for me emotionally. I''m trying desperately not to push or nag or bring it up, but it''s always there with me.

I think he could tell yesterday that I was a little blue, so he came to me and said, "Did you know I love you and I want to marry you?" Of course that made me smile, and I was so excited that he brought it up on his own! Since the subject had been brought up, I decided to ask him what time of year he wanted to get married. Did he want to get married when it was cold? When it was hot? I tried not to be too specific. He said he liked the idea of Spring.

Later in the day while we were running errands I just had to ask, "So, when you said ''Spring'' were you thinking this upcoming Spring, the one after that, or later than that?" to which he replied, "Well, I was thinking this upcoming Spring, since you said you wanted to be married before we buy a house."

We''ve decided tentatively to start looking at the housing market seriously next Summer, when our lease is up. So I replied, "Well, or at least engaged. That would be fine too, I think," and I glanced at him, eager for his reply. "Yeah ... don''t worry about that," he said, and grinned at me!

We even talked a little bit more about the type of venue. We are both decided that we don''t want a big wedding, we just want to go to the courthouse and then have some drinks and cake with friends afterward. We chatted about some possible places to rent out for a reception, and I sheepishly said that I''d been thinking about it a little bit recently. He said that he''d been thinking about it too, and had some places in mind! I was so happy I could have burst!

I''m hoping the next few weeks go well. I have no idea what he''s got up his sleeve since we don''t really have anything planned that could potentially be ''it.'' Now that it sounds like it''s really going to happen, I''m a bit more nervous than I thought I would be!

I want to thank everyone here for sharing their stories, and just for providing me a place to visit when I get so frustrated. I feel certain that if I hadn''t found this place I''d be bugging BF to the point of making him uncomfortable and sabotaging myself in the process. Here''s to good news over the next few weeks! ::keeping fingers crossed::

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
OH that is so exciting. Keep us posted about the happenings!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
hi Tuesday,
that''s awesome..sounds EXTREMELY PROMISING.. I think with men,the light bulb finally turns on and then they like playing with the switch. I think that when they finally get going it just sort of smowballs..how exciting that HE had places in mind as well..I would have been blown away, too! How exciting...let''s cross fingers for the weeks ahead....holidays, holidays, holidays!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results