shape
carat
color
clarity

A fantastic waste of a diamond..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
000014728.jpg

Saw this wandering through the mall the otherday.. I guess its a neat idea.. but seems like a great way to waste a diamond to me. Its not even like a suprise stone where you can sometimes see it face up.. Its always gonna be face down to your finger!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah that is a little odd. I am not sure if I like that...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That''s wierd... I mean, what purpose would it serve if the diamond is face down on your finger?? Where is the ring from??

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
At first I wasn''t sure what you were talking about...was focused on the diamonds in the band running underneath the center stone - then I realized that was a diamond underneath the main stone.

Unless that somehow increases the sparkle factor of the ''face up'' diamond, that design is pretty silly. Why would I want 2 culets pointed towards each other? So that a good smack would make ground diamond powder? That is kinda odd.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
whacktastic, indeed!!!! So silly!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is a gimic and a lame one at that.
14.gif
Some silly boy is going waste money on that since I am sure the upped tcw will up the price. I have to say over all it is IMO fugly.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
It is a total waste.. Its from a Maul store.. Littmans Jewelers.. It was on one of thier signs and I just stood there and stared at it for a minute.. Why would anyone do that?

And I''m sure lots of boys will waste money on that.. I''m not sure on the size of the stupid "Reflection" diamond is.. but the center stone is 5/8 carat and the TCW of the ring is 1.25 carat.. According to the website.. So its not teeny..
As Matatora said.. total gimic..

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen something like that with a sapphire instead of a diamond on the bottom. It definitely didn''t seem to improve the appearance of the stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like that one bit. Totally a gimic. I have never seen that before.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
From the website:

1 & 1/4 ct. tw. Diamond Unity Ring

This remarkable 1&1/4 ct.tw. diamond unity ring features a 5/8 ct. round-brilliant center diamond which has a diamond set below which gives the appearance of a reflection. The setting is Royal Platinum which is 500 platinum and 490 palladium.
Suggested Reference Price: $4,995.00
Online Price: $2,999.00

[982074]

Metal 500 Platinum, 490 Palladium
Carat Total Weight 1 & 1/4
Shape of Stones Round-Brilliant
Collection Reflections of LoveTM

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROYAL PLATINUM?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Just a little BS for your benefit.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.. have u seen this:

original.aspx

Same concept. By Precious Metals. May have won awards over here in Australia, but don't quote me on that
3.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
ICK!!!!
14.gif
14.gif
That is probably the worst idea I have seen in a long time!! It IS a waste of a diamond and what happens when the top diamond loosens a little from the prongs ( from wear, over time) and slips just enough to start rubbing against the culet of that bottom stone?? I''ll tell you what: broken diamonds. Bleh. And you guys are right - there are dumb men out there who will think it is totally cool and buy it from some salesperson who claims it is totally cool as well. what a waste.....

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Dont care for it either...

I do however see the potential... "Our love is like sands of time in the hourglass of ours lives"- Saptastic!

I see not two diamonds...but an hourglass.

DKS

I do like the teeny diamonds some hide inside a band...I think I am going to place my first chip my father gave me into the band of the engagement ring my beloved gave me. I like that, even though it is hidden...I''ll know it is there. Saptastic?

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
doorknob, I think that''s a fantastic sentiment/idea, definitely NOT "saptastic"!
1.gif
BF gave me a small promise ring - I was going to use that as my surprise diamond for my e-ring - but I''m leaning towards a pear center stone so I don''t know how I''ll do that now.

as for this odd thing of a ring - I saw it in person at the maul, too. over here in San Francisco, the name for Littman''s is Fred Mayer. I too wondered how many naive men bought that and wasted money.
7.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It’s not my cup of tea either…at least it’s something new with a twist!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The intriguing construction by preciousmetals doesn''t seme like ''waste''. The other ing doesn''t go that far design-wise and so... the diamonds are there is about it.

Can''t tell where the idea to set diamonds in a hourglass shape like this started, but it definitile wasn''t that Mall ring - otherwise I wouldn''t have a positive feeling about it to begin with.

Mark has quite a marvel done with an upside-down bit of a diamond as cornerstone: see it here
2.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a waste. What a shame!
7.gif
39.gif

perl8429

Rough_Rock
Hmmm... not my taste.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It does seem to be a waste. Sometimes trying to be unique ends up just being weird.

Heather

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
The PM model does seemed to be more fluid.

I think the design was to show the skill of setting the 2 diamonds point to point without those stones shattering to ''ground diamond powder'' (as firegoddess mentioned).

Interesting, but to the normal consumer, a waste I''m afraid!
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is proof of the old saying "There''s a sucker born every minute".

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I''ll have to agree.. that is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results