shape
carat
color
clarity

A day at a B&M store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pajj

Rough_Rock
After doing much research here, I “officially” started my search yesterday by visiting a large B&M store in my area. The main purpose of this visit was to compare color in diamonds, side-by-side, to see what could be an acceptable color. I told the sales person that I was looking for a round brilliant in the 2 carat range. And that I wanted to see some diamonds in the lower color range of I-J. I was a little disappointed in the selection/inventory that they had. She showed me three diamonds. The last one she brought out was a 2.2 carat, K color, SI1 with an AGA cut grade of 1B. It looked nice but I did see a little yellow color next to an I colored RB and also when I looked at it by itself in natural lighting. Their bottom line price is $13,000 for the 2.2 stone. Just for price comparison sake, I did a quick search on Pricescope for comparable diamonds and the B&M store price appears very high. After this experience, it looks like I will be seriously considering making a purchase from one of the on-line vendors here at Pricescope. Well, at least I kind of got an idea on color now. I might even change my mind about the 2 carat diamond and drop down to a 1.75 to 2.0 carat so that I could get a better colored stone (G to H). In my eyes, there wasn’t that great a visual size difference between a 1.8 or a 2.0 to 2.2 carat diamond that the sales person showed me.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That IS the price for one G/H-SI 2ct-ish diamond... premium for AGS0 cut included ( say likeTHIS one)

Funny enough, the quotes for 2cts K/Si1 start at 6.5k and end with 12.5k around here! H&As are not even on this list

7.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.80 - 1.99ct, G-H, VS-SI1 in a beautifully cut stone is not the easiest to locate these days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results