shape
carat
color
clarity

A Courting Story

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to keep this sanitized, in case I scar Matata any more than I already have. :lol:

A man I know flew into town, and we agreed to meet at a nice hotel in the nearest big city. We decided it had come to the point to take the next step in our relationship.

It was time that I allowed him to touch my knee.

I was all excited. I bought a new, uncomfortable-to-use string purse in black. I got my car waxed under the chassis, just in case he happened to end up on the ground horizontal and see that I never get my car waxed all over. Various additional preparations took place.

All day, the sky was blue, the grass was green, and the birds were in the apple trees.

The appointed hour comes, and due to jetlag and other factors, we decide that a delicate touch on the elbow is quite enough. No knees tonight. And I was never going to stay over because I had a very early work shift.

But I have driven all that way, and there's a 24-hour large supermarket up the street. My thinking went, "Why waste all that gas?"

So I ended up finishing the planned evening of feverish knee-touching by doing the weekly shop, wearing my string purse! Most uncomfortable. :lol:

But in the morning, at least I woke up to a ton of fresh groceries!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well practicality never hurt! Cute story. Hope there’s another chapter ;)2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 3.09.59 PM.png

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that finds string purses uncomfortable! :lol:

Once on the way home from an adventure similar to yours, I took off my string purse on the way home and stuck it in my coat pocket and forgot about all it, not needing my keys or wallet before arriving home. Then it fell out when I hung up my coat at work. :oops:

I'm glad you finished your shopping and had sustenance the next day! All that knee and elbow touching and shopping can wear a person out.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s a string purse?

Good question @JPie, I don't know either and I am around the same age as @Jambalaya so I think I probably should know. LOL. I searched and found the slang term for "purse strings" which I already know the meaning of...so all I can do is guess that it means a purse that has corded string as a handle?
Like this perhaps?

il_570xN.1660288317_49ze.jpg

And that can be rather uncomfortable due to the digging in potential of the string. I prefer a soft crossbody strap personally.

@Jambalaya I am enjoying your story and hope there are additional chapters to come...I am a sucker for a happy outcome though so hoping for you that indeed that will be yours.

Romance and affection plus fresh produce equals time well spent.:halo:
And lose the string purse in the next chapter for something more comfy.8)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me laugh out loud! :lol::lol::lol:

I hope you get to the knee touching stage soon & thank you for brightening my morning!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like dental floss? Bwahahahaha! (Some are as thin as dental floss anyway.)

Right! Like, why bother? Nothing is going to fall out of your ‘purse’ that a string will catch for you. :shifty:

LetLoveRule

Shiny_Rock
:lol: next chapter please! This sounds like a rom com (or chick lit I should say) :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dying here! Lmho! :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soooo funny! More chapters please!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol:And the “car wax under the chassis” may be something else of a waxing nature....to go under the “string purse”!!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any problem with sporting a string purse in the grocery store.
They don't hold much, but they still look cute!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
String purses are great as long as you don't wear a fur coat because then they tend to get lost.

Just sayin

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
String purses are great as long as you don't wear a fur coat because then they tend to get lost.

Just sayin
Okay..now I don’t get this! I think I’m afraid to know! :think:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everybody :lol-2::lol-2::lol:

Well, it looks like there will be a re-match because he's coming to town again to see me. We will have tea in the lobby and will each bring our great-aunts as chaperones. OK Matata? :lol-2:

Regarding the string purse/fur coat debate, a full wax of the car can sort that out. You don't want the coat catching on anything when you get in and out of the car, so you make sure it's all waxed and smooth, even under the chassis.

I did also have three small plastic bags with me that I could have used for my groceries. They were kind of small, but made of stretchy latex with a convenient closed funnel tip if any of your bottles leak. It just collects in the tip if that happens. But I'd never used those particular bags for groceries before, and I've heard that they can split easily. I'm not sure what the connection is, but apparently after one of those splits, you get to spend the next 18 years spending all your money in a supermarket! So they stayed in my purse. I might use them to store coin stacks.

Ciao:wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size coins will fit? Dimes or half dollars?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do make extra large bags, you can fit a lot in them if needed and that makes for a very happy shopper :twisted2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Imma come out and say it because y'all sounded like my grandmother with the purse strings/coint purse references; did y'all do the nasty?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results