shape
carat
color
clarity

A collector''s private collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock

This Thread Closed, please disregard and move on. I apologize to all you good hearted people. Good Luck.

Please disregard signature below.

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/2/2004 12:45:08 AM theinvestor wrote:

:
and I have a collection that should be of interest to other lovers and collectors. Take a look if you have the opportunity and let me know what you think.
:
----------------
So ... No Ammolites? No Black Opals? No Bixbites? No Benetoites? No Moldavites? No Yogo Sapphires? No Ruby Cat's Eyes? No Sapphire Cat's Eyes? No Imperial Jade Cat's Eyes? No Mandarin Garnets? No Russian Demantoid Garnets? No Color Change Garnets? No Tsavorite Garnets? No Idaho Star Garnets? No Vacheron Constantins? No Patek Philippes? Ahem ... That's all?

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
I obviously have nothing of interest to you cave keeper, but you are but one opinion in a world of many. I do however appreciate your candor. Without freedom of expression, how can mankind trully evolve. Yes, I understand your meaning and I hope my loud roar will not dismay others as it has you. Once again, thank you.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
There is no selling allowed on this site.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock

Yes you are correct, education and fun should be the focus, please accept my sincere apologies.

Please disregard the signature below. Thank you.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
While not outwardly saying so, I believe this thread is designed to try and sell.

My opinion only.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock

I started out with that intent but discovered that this place is no place for that and so your point is well taken. Thank you for keeping me honest.

Please disregard signature below: Thank you

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I took a look at your website. I will comment that it would be much nicer to have clear, high quality digital pics of the items. None of the pics have good resolution.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a look at your website out of curiousity as well. The layout was rather confusing and it turned me off right from the start. In addition, there was a strong selling tone to it which I did not appreciate for a viewing only collection. Just my opinion.

jnt

Rough_Rock
Regardless of what anyone else said. And none of this is a personal attack.

Bad News
I don't care for the website.
I don't care for your taste in jewelery.

Good News
I think your use of adjectives and adverbs is funny.
Your use of the word private reminds me of a SNL skit.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
jnt: your comments are in no way offensive and your opinion is as good as anyone else's. In life, you will not please everyone but one thing is for sure, without opinions how can one grasp the meaning of life as seen by others. In other words, it does not bother me that you dislike my taste in jewelry but what would bother me, is when people express opinions without any real consideration or just to be mean or spiteful. Thank you for sharing your opinion and it would really have hurt me if I gathered my collection to impress you in anyway but I collected them because they appealed to me. However, your opinion is noted and believe it or not appreciated. Take care.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Thank you Rita for your comments. I am working on learning how to take better pictures but your opinion and advice is why I am really on this site regardless what others may think. By listening to good sound advice from people with good and honest intention, it makes it easy to accept success or failure and the desire to improve. Thank you Rita you sound like a good hearted lady. Stay well.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Chrono: I ask for your opinion and you gave it to me. However, I was just looking for comments on the jewelry like jnt and rita gave. Yes, at times I have sold items, but again, the purpose of my directing you to my website is not to give me selling and website creating tips but rather to know how others view the jewelry collected by me. If you and others can just look at the jewelry and tell me something like, it is ugly, out dated, not appealing, or wasting time on. If you like it then tell me why you like this particular type of jewelry what does it remind you of. This is what I am looking for not to turn you on or off because I am sure that there will be many things in life that will have that effect on you, but if you can get past my introduction and look at the jewelry like Rita and Jnt and give me your opinion on whether the collection is good or bad. Be kind
or be harsh but be honest, it is all I ask. Thank you.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
whoops!
I agree , you did after all mention that you do sell stuff.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Hi innerkitten:

I hope you are agreeing with me on what I said to Chrono
I wwas not trying to be mean or disrespectful to her but
she should stay focused on the topic I am presenting which was is the jewelry appealing or not and not do you want to buy it? Actually I am very pleased with all the opinions and reactions because it has given me the opportunity to experience and react to what others say. You took time to read what was being said and then gave your honest opinion in a un-bias manner and for that I am greatful to you. I hope others that post a reply here
do so in the same manner and not get so emotional that they sound like the world is coming to an end. Thanks again innerkitten.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi investor. Nobody is trying to be mean-spirited, spiteful or angry. They're simply telling you the rules of this forum, which is that vendors are not allowed to sell or promote themselves.

The forum is meant for consumer education. A vendor gets to be known by his helpfulness to the consumer. No direct selling or self promotion is allowed.

You are obviously selling, as stated on your site:

-----------
I am offering these jewelry pieces for sale to those jewelry lovers
and collectors who have an interest in them and would like to acquire
them. Therefore, if you have an offer on any jewelry you see in my
collection, then by all means email me with it and I shall give your
offer every consideration, then inform you of my decision.
-----------

So please don't bullshit us, and just try and follow the rules without a lot of doubletalk. If you stick around, you'll find that you'll have a good time, make friends, and probably end up doing business.

If you follow the rules, that is. They're listed under "Forum Policies" at the bottom of your screen, or can be found at the following URL:

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/faq.asp?mode=policy&sessionID=307342E4BED04FCE8454B8B5CEB01202

Best regards,

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
The hammer has been dropped
6.gif

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard:

I am sticking around and I never made a secret that I do sell but I read most of the forums and this is not the type of crowd that would buy from a single unknown person like me so I am enjoying myself reading the opinions they have posted. Yes my site states that I sell and I stated that here as well but I really do want opinions on the jewelry I have. I don't blame people for their opinion but as for me bullshitting you all, it is not my intention and I have treated people with consideration. Yes I sell, but this is not a selling atmosphere but rather a place where opinions are
heard and anyone trying to sell here will meet you and others like you policing the site and if selling is my purpose on this forum then I must like wasting my time. Just a little more double talk Richard. Anyway, I plan to stick around and answer all replies and after all that has been said they don't know not to discuss business and just give me their opinion, then I guess my double talk is causing real problems. Richard, again I sell, but this forum is for viewing and giving opinions. I wanted to put the photos of my website here but the files were to big and to mention a collection without showing the items seemed pointless so I directed them to my personal website to see them. Sorry
for causing so much tention and I know your words are not mal-intended. THANKS.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
JNT,

your post cracked me up because when I looked at the site and read The Investor's posts, the only thing I could think of was "The Cosmopolitan" skit on SNL. The Investor wants to sell as much as The Cosmopolitan wants to get play
2.gif

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Hi Wonka:

The hammer has been dropped but I am not running scared.
only a total deceipful person runs away when the hammer is dropped but I am still here. Like I said to richard, this forum is not for selling and the people here will not let anyone forget it. Now that the air is clear I hope that I can get some opinion on the jewelry so for those who take the time to visit the site, skip the words and just look at the jewelry and say what you think. This is a great crowd and a tough one but I plan on sticking around.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Choochoo:

Good have fun with it because if I said that I don't sell and that my intentions were otherwise, then it would be ironic. Ofcourse I want to sell for what is the point of investing in something and keep it to be buried with it but I again tell you, this is not a place
to sell, it is a place were people will tell you how they feel not how much they will offer to an unknown person like me for an item. If you think that I am sticking around replying to all these people and knowing how they feel about selling, then I must really be dellusional. By now, it is clear I sell. By now is clear this is not a place to do it so I should just shut down and move on. Wrong! Opinions are helpful and I am sticking around. Selling sites, there are so many so why waste time selling here when I know that people here are very active and policing this site and they are not afraid to speak out. If I am so anxious to sell
why stick around such a tough and yes, educated and aware crowd? Answer I am learning. So bring on the opinions and the comments, isn't that what a forum is all about? I am having fun and I am sticking around if that is ok.

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/2/2004 10:26:31 AM theinvestor wrote:

:
I am just sharing my collection with others.
:
I seek public opinion here
:
If you saw my collection and did not like it say so and I will value your opinion as I did cave keeper
:
----------------
Hi, Joseph

Hope you didn't feel hurt by my sarcastic tone. Even if I may not personally appreciate your collection, I am aware different people do have different taste. I only jokingly meant that your collection did not have the kinds of gemstones I'm more interested in looking at. But of course if you were to give me any item in your valuable collection for free, I wouldn't mind!

I think the ring that looks like a Maharajah's red turban looks quite cute. As for the necklaces, and perhaps even those diamond-studded watches, I might prefer resting them on velvety cushions so that they look classier. Or you could take photographs of handsome-looking ladies, such as the late Princess Diana, wearing them. The snootier the better. Try to avoid too much sales hype. Concentrate a little more on the presentation background to create a classier mood, if you can. Selling luxury stuff is a psychological thing. Sometimes you don't have to say too loudly they're for sale. BYW, take my opinion with a dash of salt as I've never sold anything in my life!

Sorry if my previous remarks do hurt your feelings in any way. I really was having an enjoyable time posting those horrid remarks at your expense (in fact, I was expecting the censor of this forum to send me a furious email telling me I've been banned from ever visiting this forum again). Sorry.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
I am having fun and I am sticking around if that is ok.
-----------

Sure, that is okay. Having fun and helping others is what this site is all about. A lot of vendors initially come on this site not realizing that it is unique in its non-selling, non-promotion aspect. It's good to see you are catching on.

Welcome aboard, and have fun. In the meantime I would suggest that this thread die, and you resurface where ever you like, following the spirit of the forum.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Cavekeeper: You have nothing to feel sorry about and believe it or not, your opinion and advice is the best so far as far as being helpful and useful. Sorry if I sounded other than grateful and thank you so much for showing me such great consideration which I probably do not deserve. Take care and be well.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
Yes, richard, I do catch on quickly and I really have enjoyed replying to all the different people that have posted. Yes, as per you and Elmo's suggestion I will allow this thread to die and I will resurface again but only because I enjoy mingling with a crowd that is fun, educated and considerate. Everyone here has given their opinion without being disrespectful or harsh and while I do sell to me learning from such people is more important. So yes, this thread is dead and in the spirit
of the forum and the generocity of all, I will do as you suggest and to you and Elmo, my appreciations. Take care and keep up the good work in keeping this forum as it should be, fun and educational. Good Luck All.

People, theinvestor has left this building but I will be back to meet more of you as I find you to be fun and good natured. IN THE MEANTIME DISREGARD THIS

THREAD AND MY SIGNATURE BELOW AND SEE YOU IN MY NEXT THREAD WHICH WILL BE IN THE FORUM'S SPIRIT, FUN AND EDUCATIONAL: GOODBYE TILL NEXT TIME. ONCE AGAIN, I APOLOGIZE TO ALL. THEINVESTOR!

jnt

Rough_Rock
Ahhhh, choochoo, yes, that is exactly what I was thinking.

"Come my darling, sit down here, view and recognize my exquisite private pieces and have some champag-nuh"
naughty.gif

"don't be shy my chickadee"

I am so tempted to trace that url and see if it's really registered in someone with the name of Williams.

theinvestor

Rough_Rock
JNT, the only reason that I am placing this reply is because I am still being alerted by the system. I closed the thread to be a good participant and because you are all correct and if I want to participate, I need to follow the rules and yes, I want to sell my jewelry collection but this is not the place to do it.

jnt: My name is Joseph Williams so please don't be tempted to trace the url, do it and satify your curiosity. I am not perfect but I am not afraid of being honest. Please understand I don't blame you for your comment and suspicion because it is my fault for presenting myself to this forum in this manner. Anyway, I hope we meet on another thread and I promise to live out the sales hype. Thank you and all the others for keeping me honest.
I hope to mingle with you and others again and I trully Apologize.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
I would like some clarity since you seem to know the rules and have strong opinions. I have only been on the site for 2 days. I tried to give a few credentials when offering opinions so that the person would have perspective on whether or not I knew what I was talking about. Apparantly someone thought I was trying to sell and complained, because I got a message from the site. I never offered my web site, store information, phone, fax, email, or the "talk to me in private" which I see on some messages. And yet there are some blatant selling of "use this guy" "mention my name and get a discount", so I am confused. I don't care if people sell or not, just trying to keep inside the rules and understand them. As president of the Arizona Jewelers Association, this site is interesting to me so far. Hope that did not cross the line of self-promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results