shape
carat
color
clarity

A Cinderella Proposal...and a ring fit for a princess!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone at Pricescope.....I hope you are all sitting down with your box of tissues by your computers (and maybe your heart monitors too). Last night was the absolute most amazing night of my life and now that my relatives and friends have heard all about it, I am ready to share it with you.
My boyfriend (make that 'fiance') and I have been dating about 10 months...and 'wow' what an amazing 10 months it has been. This story actually begins on Christmas Eve of 2002. I had just signed up for Yahoo Personals (hoping to meet the man of my dreams) and when I logged into my computer that evening, I had received an email from a guy that really caught my attention. For time's sake, let me fast forward a few weeks and tell you that we soon discovered that we had attended the same high school together (at the same time too...in fact, even our mothers graduated together!) Things progressed pretty quickly from there and finally led to the ultimate evening...last night.
John took me to an exquiste Italian restaurant in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. We had a very quiet and romantic dinner together---complete with some tasty red wine and creme brule...yum! As we stepped outside after dinner, the streets were lit up with white Christmas lights and it was just beginning to snow (well, ok...it was a faint drizzly rain). Across the street a father was ice skating with his son. It was like a post card!
John mentioned that he had a special surprise for me and I couldn't even begin to imagine what that might be. He walked me down to the corner and just as I looked up, I saw a horse drawn carriage coming towards us. Now this wasn't just "any" horse drawn carriage. It was Cinderealla's white carriage (complete with white lights and a striking black horse named Gus). Isn't this what every woman dreams of when she has found her prince?
Anyway, the carriage ride took us around the breathtaking sites of the holiday lights and decorations..up and down the streets...through stop lights...and finally to a bridge named The Blue Bridge (this is a pedestrian bridge that is covered in lights). The next few minutes are somewhat of a blurr to me. I remember Gus (our horse) stopping about one quarter of the way across the bridge and the next second John was on his knee telling me things that are so touching and sincere that I will hold them privately close to my heart for the rest of my life. After his romantice proposal, he pulled out that little purple box that jewelry lovers all around the world know can only contain one thing---a Scott Kay ring!
After kissing and hugging and enjoying the spectacular moment, our driver informed us that we would need to turn around because Gus was afraid of the trees at the other end of the bridge. We had never heard of a tree phobic horse, but considering the fact that we were both on cloud nine at that point...it didn't really phase us.
Do I still have your attention? I sure hope so because that's not the end of our story. Once Gus got himself off of the bridge and back onto the street, he led us around the town a little bit more and then concluded our ride right in front of the Civic Theater. As I glanced up at the marquee above the door, I was so excited to see that it was the premiere showing of....(can you guess?)...Cinderella.
I stepped (or did I float?) out of the carriage and walked into the theater...with my prince at my side and my sparkling new ring on my finger.

And we lived happily ever after!

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
"Cinderella's Ring"

The details for all you cut junkies:
Shape: Round
Measurements: 5.78 - 5.80 x 3.59 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.0 (F)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight: 0.746 CTS
Table: 56%
Depth: 62.00%
Crown Angle: 34.2 Crown %: 15.2
Pavillion Angle: 40.9 Pavillion %: 43%
Girdle: 1.4% to 2.2%, Faceted
Culet: pointed

The setting is Scott Kay platinum with 10 round brillant cut diamonds, VS clarity and F-G color.... and 2 surprise diamonds on the sides.
The diamond was purchased from DirtCheapDiamonds. The diamond has an AGS Diamond report and was appraised by D. Atlas & Company. The setting was purchased from Marshall Pierce & Company in Chicago.

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
"Cinderella Carriage"

proposalonbridge.jpg

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
"Cinderella's Ring"

ringside3.jpg

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Another photo!

ringside4.jpg

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Surprise Diamonds....

ringside1.jpg

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
The top... sorry about the dust! Cinderella's stepsisters haven't cleaned lately.

ringtop1.jpg

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
"Proposal Bridge"

bluebridge.jpg

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
And we lived happily ever after....

carriagecivic.jpg

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Juicy-

Congratulations on your engagement and on finding your prince! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. You sound like you are positively on cloud 9. Your ring is gorgeous as is the diamond and your fiance has excellent taste.

My very best wishes !
appl.gif

lovesparkles

Rough_Rock
Oh, I'm sorry, is that drool on my computer???

Great story, great guy, great ring! One question: WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF THE RING ON THE HAND????

2.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I AM JEALOUS!!!! I really wish I had such a romantic thought out proposal from my fiance. Grrr.... oh well. :(

I did once, but that guy and I didn't work out. :-\

My fiance lacks the romantic genes... and I wish he didn't, but he will surprise me someday I hope. Sorry to dampen this mood. I am a hopeless romantic, and wish all guys were as thoughtful as yours!

CONGRATULATIONS --- you are a VERY LUCKY GIRL!!! And I love your ring too by the way.

He did good! Did you help him at all?
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Congratulations!!
1.gif

DG....I can commiserate. My sweetie also lacks the typical romance gene, but that's okay...when he is uncharacteristically romantic, it seems to mean so much more. Plus he does little things for me daily that may not be construed as 'romantic' in a typical sense, but are so very thoughtful...so it all evens out.
1.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Mara - THANK YOU for feeling my pain. Problem now is, I am going through a mini crisis and I'm gonna go kick Nick in the a$$ to remind him about what a hopeless romantic I am - and if he doesn't do something (ANYTHING) romantic for me on a more regular basis... he is gonna get it! I am one of those somewhat needy girls in the romance department.. always have been. But I have calmed down a LOT with him. Starting the new phase in my life and looking forward to the marriage and having children - But, I don't want it to die and never happen anymore either!! Ya know what I mean?

Oh.... why did I read this thread!?! LOL!

cry.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice proposal & lovely ring!
appl.gif
Mine's a Scott Kay too so I'm a bit partial.
2.gif

Enjoy your moment!

Judy
:)

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
How ROMANTIC!!! Awww, that was a great story and what a beautiful ring!!!! Thanks for sharing both with us.

Now you can get married, ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after.
appl.gif

Okay, sometimes I get a bit carried away, but I'm a hopeless romantic, and really believe in happy endings.
1.gif

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what a wonderful story! Beautiful diamond and ring too.
10.gif

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone! We both are very happy and are anxious to begin our lives together! I am lucky enough to be an elementary teacher, so I got a lot of extra enjoyment from telling my students today! Many of the girls informed me that they would be wearing their sunglasses to school tomorrow to shield their eyes from the intense *sparkle* coming from my ring! (The boys of course just rolled their eyes).

The ring pictures that we posted earlier were actually taken by my fiance before I even saw the ring. We haven't had the opportunity to take more---with the ring on my finger. We will post some soon!

Thanks again for letting me share my story with you!
1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!

Wonderful story and a gorgeous ring.
1.gif

Marry that guy, would you?
2.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
"Fairy Tales can come true...it can happen to you" ....and it did!
May you "live happily ever after"!

Beautiful diamond and every girls dream proposal.

All the best!
wavey.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful engagement story and absolutely georgeous ring...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results