shape
carat
color
clarity

A case for ALL your gems!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use those and they''re great. The only thing I''d say is that the version with the glass lid is great also because you can see your gems at a glance.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh... that seller has all sorts of interesting goodies... even if they are on the practicle side!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The downside of the plastic gem jars is that they scratch very quickly, and the tops tend to pop off after you use them a bit.
They are also not too elegant looking. I use square gem jars that have glass lids. These are more transparent and much clearer than those round plastic ones, the stones look better in them, and the lids stay in place. I think they have a much more expensive look to them too. I get mine from Rio Grande, and pay about $10 for a pack of 30. You can also buy trays that these will fit very nicely into.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 3:43:54 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
The downside of the plastic gem jars is that they scratch very quickly, and the tops tend to pop off after you use them a bit.

They are also not too elegant looking. I use square gem jars that have glass lids. These are more transparent and much clearer than those round plastic ones, the stones look better in them, and the lids stay in place. I think they have a much more expensive look to them too. I get mine from Rio Grande, and pay about $10 for a pack of 30. You can also buy trays that these will fit very nicely into.

Oh I had no idea. Good to know!
1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2008 3:43:54 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
Unfortunately, it appears that Rio Grande is open only to the trade.
7.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I signed up for an account, perhaps try getting one.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Tourmaline Lover! I''ll let you know how it goes!

Now why didn''t I think of that? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results