shape
carat
color
clarity

A Bruted Girdle Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bunbun

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just bought a diamond from Blue Nile. However, I am still not sure if I need to keep this diamond? Here''s a little background information on the diamond:
Cut: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.69 X 6.70 X 4.09 mm
Carat: 1.10
Color: H
Clarity: VSI
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Table: 55.4%
Depth: 61.2%
Crown Angle: 34.2 Degrees
Girdle: Thin – Medium (1.0% - 3.0%) bruted
Pavilion Angle: 40.8 Degrees
HCA : 1.1
AGSL certificate with “H&A” comment
Do you have any suggestions/advices:
1. Does my diamond has a good/ideal cut, eventhough has Bruted girdle?
2. Can a Bruted girdle make the value of the diamond lower?
3. Is it a good deal if the price is $6,685?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

BunBun

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bunbun! Welcome to PS!
35.gif

I''m not sure how to answer your question, however, if you enter "bruted girdle" in the search box above on the right hand side, you''ll find a lot of threads where this issue has been discussed.

I hope this helps and you find the info you need.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I have a diamond with a "bruted" girdle. I just had it appraised by Patrick Davis (G.G ASA) in Los Angeles. (He was great by the way
1.gif
)

He said that it doesn''t effect the value at all, and he actually prefers a bruted girdle over a polished one.

I believe it''s a matter of personal taste.

From the numbers, it looks like a lovely stone.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I found a thread that might be helpful to you ... Click here

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bunbun

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody for the reply,

I found another one, which one you preffer compare to my first 1.1 carat, H, VS1:
Colour: J
Carat 1.566
Clarity SI1
angle:34.6
angle:40.8
table:55.5
hi: 61
gridle:1.2-3.6
AGSL certificate w/ H&A inscripe.
Symetry, polish : ideal,
fluorescent: negigible

the price: 7700

thank you,

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Are you sure it''s 1.56 ct??? For 7700 that is a steal!

bunbun

Rough_Rock
I also found this second diamond from Blue Nile and has a bruted girdle too. I really concern about its color.
Any advices for:
1. J color?
2. Which one is better my first diamond or second diamond?
3. The price; Is it Good Deal?

Thanks!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 11:19:40 PM
Author: bunbun
I also found this second diamond from Blue Nile and has a bruted girdle too. I really concern about its color.
Any advices for:
1. J color?
2. Which one is better my first diamond or second diamond?
3. The price; Is it Good Deal?

Thanks!
Hi Bunbun -- I would have to say that if you are "really concerned about color", that J may not be the right color diamond for you ... You may want to stick with a diamond in the G/H range.

Have you seen diamonds in person and assessed whether or not you are sensitive to color? If so, do you think that, ultimately, although you could potentially get a larger diamond with lower color, i.e. - J, that you would be happy with that? Or would you prefer to get a diamond that is a little smaller with a higher color? If you are not sure, maybe you can arrange to view some diamonds in person and see what you think.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious is right-if you are really concerned about colour you should make sure you see some ideal cut Js before making up your mind. I highlight that only because cut is king in terms of how a stone appears, and a well cut J can face up extremely white (do a search for ''J platinum'' for some examples). Here''s one with some terrific examples:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/

As for the bruted girdle, there are lots of threads about that-essentially it is unlikely to impact greatly on the value of your stone. A diamond with a bruted girdle may still be ideal cut.

bunbun

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all the opinions.

I have another question to ask, if I want to buy a diamond for personal use and also for investment (High Liquidity & Resale Value). Which type of diamond should I go in terms of Carat, Color, Clarity and Cut?

Hope anybody can give opinions!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 9:01:25 PM
Author: bunbun
Thanks again for all the opinions.

I have another question to ask, if I want to buy a diamond for personal use and also for investment (High Liquidity & Resale Value). Which type of diamond should I go in terms of Carat, Color, Clarity and Cut?
Bun, please discard the idea of buying a diamond as an investment. The diamond you''re purchasing won''t be an ''investment'' proposition.

Reselling a diamond often yields significantly less than purchase price even with a skilled consignment broker......maybe 50-60%?

Select your diamond based on what you''d like to give/wear, depending on your role in the transaction.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results