shape
carat
color
clarity

A Big Fat Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Some time ago I posted a help type thread about my issues with binge eating. I was getting really desperate and realised how much my health was at risk and also I didn''t want to get married looking like something awful. I received a vast number of supportive and helpful replies. People took a lot of time to share ideas and their own stories and I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am. It took a while for it all to sink in, but I am glad to say I think I am on the home track. I haven''t binged for nearly six weeks now, I am doing more exercise and I have lost 12 lbs. I realised that I cannot have any type of relationship with chocolate so that is out of my life completely at the moment, but I still allow myself other little treats because I don''t want to feel deprived. I found a great site with an online food diary and I make sure I enter everything I eat and drink. I also go to my local drs surgery every two weeks to get weighed by the most lovely nurse, which is a good incentive as well.

I know I wouldn''t have made these changes without some of the advice and support from you wonderful PS people. Stuff you all said to me really made me realise I wasn''t alone and I could do it, because others had too.

It is early days and I want to lose another 40lbs, but most of all I want this to be the way I live my life permanently - not a short term fix. I know things are changing because I felt unwell yesterday and that would have been my prime time to binge on every bit of chocolate that I could find. However, I had a couple of biscuits (cookies) with a cup of tea and felt better. I was still below my daily calorie allowance by 87 and I did some exercise because I figured that would help too.

THANK YOU again everyone - you are all wonderful

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I helped posted to you in your ealier thread but I do want to Congratulate you!!!! Keep up the good work and glad you found something that works best for you!! Congrats, on the 12 lbs too!
36.gif
SRed, you should hang out w/us on the WWT if you haven't already (sorry I have been out of town so I am not sure who is new); we talk about working out, eating healthy, etc!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samantha, so glad you checked in!!! I remember your first thread...and you are doing fabulously! It IS a lifestyle change and that''s the way to think of it when you want it to stick. Congrats and I hope you (as Skippy noted) join us on the WWT thread, it''s a great motivator and you can get some great tips there too. Again, kudos and lots of luck on your continued journey.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much both of you. Mara, I remember you taking a lot of time to offer me support in my first post about this and I appreciate it so much. What do I need to do to join the WWT?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing! Its just a thread like this one in Family Home and Health. It''s called ''Weekly Workout Thread'' and Lorelei starts a new one each week. We all just post what we are doing like eating, workouts, tips, article links, recipes etc...it''s fun. Hope to see you there.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so thrilled for you Samantha! That''s such a great achievement to lose that weight. I''m doing the same at the moment and it''s just one day at a time. You can definitely do it!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
good for you! Are you using the daily plate? I used it for awhile and found it very helpful.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am so proud of you and you should be too. Those habits, especially the ones that we use to relieve stress, are so hard to break and often the most problematic. I have no doubt with you healthier atitude and lifestyle you will be exactly who you want to be. After I lost some problematic weight, I got a jolt of energy everytime I looked in the mirror because I saw the person I should and when you hit that day, I swear it will all be worth it.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 1:40:31 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Good for you!! Believe me I know how hard it is. Having had eating disorders much of my adult life, I have walked in your shoes.

Big healthy hugs your way!!
Thank you SDL, knowing someone as stunningly beautiful as you has had the same problems is definitely reassuring for the future.

Thanks to everyone again

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are doing so well! I hope you feel as proud as yourself as feel proud of YOU! Keep up the amazing work.
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Samantha, as someone else who battles this every day (and whose MOTHER battles this), I really am so happy for you. Stay strong and let us know if you ever need a cheering section on a rough day.

GOOD FOR YOU!
36.gif

Jackie

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you''re doing better! Keep it up, and keep reminding yourself how better you feel about yourself!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samantha,

I am so happy for you. I have walked in your shoes to. I battle it every day. It is so hard not to binge eat. I want to binge eat when I am happy or sad.

We are so proud of you for losing 12 pounds
36.gif
We will always be here for you.

Love, Linda

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on improving your life and losing 12lbs! That is so wonderful!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is fantastic news Samantha! Congratulations!

Zoe

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Good For you! It is a tough road...you are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work...focus and stay strong. You are doing fantistic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results