shape
carat
color
clarity

Your bling wish-list for 2018

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I know...it's not 2018 yet!!:P2 I'm already thinking of what I'd like next year. 2017 was an incredible year, as was 2016, bling-wise. Having suffered from a couple of minor health issues this year, I'm all the more determined to enjoy my bling as much as possible now.

So, for next year, I have 2 big-ticket items:

1) upgrade Holly to a 6-7ct+ super-ideal cut diamond, G-H colour, VS clarity. This may very well take longer than a year to accomplish, but hey I might as well start the process now.
2) a Richard Mille or another high-end blingy watch, but not sure what or which model yet. I'd better get round to getting another watch. I only have one atm and am wearing it to death! lol

What are yours? I'd love to hear. Pics would be a bonus.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, you have such an amazing collection! Thanks for letting us live vicariously with your bling.:mrgreen2:

I would like a VCA necklace (not gonna happen in 2018) and a RG love bracelet (I think I would like the new slimmer version) to stack with my WG one. I could go on and on, the wishlist gets longer all the time. I need to stop looking at the pictures on PS!:wall:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, you have such an amazing collection! Thanks for letting us live vicariously with your bling.:mrgreen2:

I would like a VCA necklace (not gonna happen in 2018) and a RG love bracelet (I think I would like the new slimmer version) to stack with my WG one. I could go on and on, the wishlist gets longer all the time. I need to stop looking at the pictures on PS!:wall:

Thank you for letting me share:).

Which VCA necklace are you looking at? I love the Love bracelets btw; am enjoying mine very much.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I hope you get the Tourbillon Fleur.

I must be the only one who doesn't love VCA. I got my daughter a VCA necklace with a white clover and she wears it all the time now. 2017 was a very good year for jewelry, so I'll have to lay low for a bit.

But maybe some paraiba earrings...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I hope you get the Tourbillon Fleur.

I must be the only one who doesn't love VCA. I got my daughter a VCA necklace with a white clover and she wears it all the time now. 2017 was a very good year for jewelry, so I'll have to lay low for a bit.

But maybe some paraiba earrings...

I'm not sure which model I'd like yet, though that is sooo pretty! Still contemplating, several years after I found out about RM, lol.

Oh nice! I wish my mother had given me VCA, hehe.

Paraiba!! My fave coloured stone!!:lickout::dance:

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en...vintage-alhambra-long-necklace-20-motifs.html - I would probably be happy with any of the long vintage alhambra necklaces. Just not sure I would wear it enough to justify the high price tag.

Glad to hear that you enjoy your new bracelet, I remember seeing it in one of your other threads. Your Perlee bracelet is to die for.:love:

Ooooh, I love MOP in YG, excellent taste!!:clap:

You'd be surprised, I reckon, how often you'd reach for it. Everyone that has this neckace wears it all the time. It's the new pearl strand - extremely versatile and very neutral.

I love all my bracelets. I'm such a bracelet girl. Wouldn't mind more, but alas need to exercise some self control.:naughty:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just odds & ends ... & a little something by Yoram F. toward that simple ring mentioned earlier (www) - ideally to be picked in person.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wish list has just 2 items, a 3-4ct step cut in split shank setting and a GSSP pendant to match my GSSP earrings. Would also like to upgrade studs but most likely won't happen in 2018.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wish list has just 2 items, a 3-4ct step cut in split shank setting and a GSSP pendant to match my GSSP earrings. Would also like to upgrade studs but most likely won't happen in 2018.

Oooh, nice!!:love: I love step cuts!!

What's GSSP? lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very modest list for me. I only want things I know I'll wear regularly, so a Whiteflash bangle

IMG_2116.jpg

I'm waiting on a jeweller to source a new setting for my AAAA Tanzanite.

That's it :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very modest list for me. I only want things I know I'll wear regularly, so a Whiteflash bangle

IMG_2116.jpg

I'm waiting on a jeweller to source a new setting for my AAAA Tanzanite.

That's it :D

WF bangles are so blingy!!:love:

Oh nice!! What setting are you tending towards? I have a Tanzanite ring which I adore. I must admit I don't even know what an AAAA Tanzanite is but I'd bet it is top-notch.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure which model I'd like yet, though that is sooo pretty! Still contemplating, several years after I found out about RM, lol.

Oh nice! I wish my mother had given me VCA, hehe.

Paraiba!! My fave coloured stone!!:lickout::dance:

I know the RM Automatic Pink Sapphire geta a lot of attention now but the Tourbillon Fleur is so gorgeous. It would look great with some of your bracelets.

I'm looking forward to living vicariously if you get one lol.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I 1just looked up the price of that watch. :$$):
:-o:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
img_15656.jpg
ATM, my tanzanite is in a yellow gold setting, but I no longer wear y/g, just platinum and white gold.

I think I'm leaning towards side stones, or maybe a halo.
IMG_2121.jpg

AAAA is an intense colour of tanzanite, usually described as violet/blue, where you can see distinct flashes of red.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the RM Automatic Pink Sapphire geta a lot of attention now but the Tourbillon Fleur is so gorgeous. It would look great with some of your bracelets.
That word is ..."too beyond my price range"..:mrgreen2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
381C6136-B732-4929-B19E-7C8C35FE88DA.jpeg My search for 2018 will be the same as 2017. I’m looking for a pair of substantial size white or crystal opal earrings to wear with my substantial opal pendant. Not a good photo sorry. Needs to be oval shape and bright. They will probably need to be vintage / antique as the opals I want arent reallly found anymore. The search continues.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
given that my Christmas present from my wife is a 2.937ct ACA upgrade ring, I don't think I'm getting a damn thing in 2018 hahaha.

Hehe, a 2.937ct ACA is an AMAZING present!:love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
img_15656.jpg
ATM, my tanzanite is in a yellow gold setting, but I no longer wear y/g, just platinum and white gold.

I think I'm leaning towards side stones, or maybe a halo.
IMG_2121.jpg

AAAA is an intense colour of tanzanite, usually described as violet/blue, where you can see distinct flashes of red.

Gorgeous!!:love: My tanzanite does not flash any red, it must be lower quality then, lol.

I see a WG diamond halo around yours, hehe.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
381C6136-B732-4929-B19E-7C8C35FE88DA.jpeg My search for 2018 will be the same as 2017. I’m looking for a pair of substantial size white or crystal opal earrings to wear with my substantial opal pendant. Not a good photo sorry. Needs to be oval shape and bright. They will probably need to be vintage / antique as the opals I want arent reallly found anymore. The search continues.

Wowza!:love: Is it very difficult to find the "right" opal? I must admit I know nothing about opal, except yours looks gorgeous!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing except to pay off the Imperial Topaz by Jeff White by June 2018 as I have tax bills to pay.
DK :rolleyes::(sad

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I stil have three projects in production with DKJ (2 rings and a pendant) - so I'm not done with 2017 yet! However...having said that...

Next year I'm planning to re-set my SS pearl and diamond earrings. Currently they're 14.5mm pearls with 1.02ctw of BGD diamonds. I'm changing up the style and upping the diamond ctw to 2.38ctw. This is not an enormous job, but it ain't nothin' neither - so it might be all I do in 2018.

However, if my earrings, currently for sale in the pre-loved section, ever sell, I plan to buy another .95ct diamond to go with the one I already have. It's <ahem> possible that I might dismantle my VC ring and turn it into a more substantial 3 stone with round sides - something in the 4+ctw range. I miss having a 3 stone and they've always been my ideal style. I'm planning to put a good, colored, stone in the current setting; there is NO WAY I'll be getting rid of that beauty!

But the BIG year is 2020 - when I turn 60. I've been bitten by the bug I caught from @canuk-gal - stacking diamond bangles! - and I'd like to get 2 more for my stack. I'm also going to finally tackle the diamond studs project. Yay!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To have my grandmother's 1925 engagement ring shored up and made larger for me to wear. To fix my diamond tennis bracelet (again). To have a ring made with some of my old yellow gold stuff. And to continue to dream of a 3+ ACA G color, SI, MRB and a 3+ AVR G color SI eye clean.. I can dream.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To have my grandmother's 1925 engagement ring shored up and made larger for me to wear. To fix my diamond tennis bracelet (again). To have a ring made with some of my old yellow gold stuff. And to continue to dream of a 3+ ACA G color, SI, MRB and a 3+ AVR G color SI eye clean.. I can dream.

What happened to your tennis bracelet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results