shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish list for the Holiday!

I’m wondering if anyone is wishing for something blingy with the holiday coming. I know some of you had some big purchases this year and feel like you don’t really need or want anything..but I’ve been REALLY trying not to get anything expensive..and waiting until after the holiday..I really love cluster rings but I’m second guessing myself after my ban. I at least know what I would be willing to spend on it so it would leave me room to buy some other things I want. The ban was good because it made me really think about what I want and not impulse spend and regret it later.
@missy That ring is still available but much more than I would be willing to spend.

Last edited:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelry bans can help so much sometimes! I try to make myself wait until I’ve wanted something quite awhile before buying it so I know I’ll really love it. But it’s so hard always sticking to it

My jeweler has been working on a few Christmas projects for me.
My children’s initial’s have little diamonds from my first pair of diamond earrings turned into dangles & I plan to wear them as pendants. My mom has offered to buy these for me for Christmas :kiss2:
The heart diamond will be set in a simple pendant basket. The bottom is a diamond pendant that she’s going to modify into a bracelet for me. If I can be patient, my husband will pick them up for me for Christmas. I may do him a favor & pick them up myself when they’re done, though ;)2 :lol-2:
4A08BDC3-3E9D-4E12-BCFF-7CFBE0999F6E.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewelry bans can help so much sometimes! I try to make myself wait until I’ve wanted something quite awhile before buying it so I know I’ll really love it. But it’s so hard always sticking to it

My children’s initial’s have little diamonds from my first pair of diamond earrings turned into dangles & I plan to wear them as pendants. My mom has offered to buy these for me for Christmas :kiss2:
The heart diamond will be set in a simple pendant basket. The bottom is a diamond pendant that she’s going to modify into a bracelet for me. If I can be patient, my husband will pick them up for me for Christmas. I may do him a favor & pick them up myself when they’re done, though ;)2 :lol-2:
Oh my..I love all of them...How sweet and beautiful the initial pendants are! :love: LOVE the heart diamond..sooooo beautiful! The pendant that you’re turning into a bracelet is lovely too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy That ring is still available but much more than I would be willing to spend.

No worries @Mamabean.I am here and happy to help when/if you are ready and if that ring sells there are others. Cluster rings are not scarce. They are a very popular piece and with good reason. So lovely. Looking forward to seeing your future projects. And it is smart to take it slow since you are not sure exactly what you want. There is no race. Enjoy the process. And happy holidays.:appl:

Oh and if you decide you really love that ring you can always make an offer...it's been for sale for a while.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jbake I love all your upcoming projects. So meaningful and beautiful. That heart shaped pendant is gorgeous.

Cannot wait to see your finished pieces. Going to be beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no upcoming bling projects and while I would love to put a "ban" on my bling buying I never do lol. But I am also not crazy impulsive and before I make a big purchase I deliberate about it and make sure yes I want and need it. Not making any holiday purchases for me or big purchases for my dh as I wrote in another thread because we are donating everything we would have spent on each other to a few charities. Though we do give all year long as well we also make major donations this time of year. I did just buy a pair of white gold faux OMC earrings that I am loving so that has quenched any desire for any other bling at this time.

Looking forward to seeing the bling purchases of PSers so I can enjoy vicariously through others while I am not purchasing any bling for me.:halo:

blingiton.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries @Mamabean.I am here and happy to help when/if you are ready and if that ring sells there are others. Cluster rings are not scarce. They are a very popular piece and with good reason. So lovely. Looking forward to seeing your future projects. And it is smart to take it slow since you are not sure exactly what you want. There is no race. Enjoy the process. And happy holidays.:appl:

Oh and if you decide you really love that ring you can always make an offer...it's been for sale for a while.
Thank you! I did think of offering less after Christmas but it would be way less than that. I don’t want to insult them.. I see the prices all over the place for clusters so not sure what a good price is..just what I’m willing to spend..I think keeping the center stone smaller will get the cost down..I don’t want a large one because of my casual life so that should help. I’ve never seen an OEC in person...so it would be less of a gamble to not spend the price they’re asking. I did buy the Moissy OEC and love the chunky facets so am pretty sure I’ll love the diamonds. I’m just color sensitive and I need it to be white. I know that is different from the norm..I thought about doing custom but I’m really afraid of doing that because I’m picky and things don’t always come out like you envision it..I even thought of a three stone but that would cost more for sure..See!? I make myself crazy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I did think of offering less after Christmas but it would be way less than that. I don’t want to insult them.. I see the prices all over the place for clusters so not sure what a good price is..just what I’m willing to spend..I think keeping the center stone smaller will get the cost down..I don’t want a large one because of my casual life so that should help. I’ve never seen an OEC in person...so it would be less of a gamble to not spend the price they’re asking. I did buy the Moissy OEC and love the chunky facets so am pretty sure I’ll love the diamonds. I’m just color sensitive and I need it to be white. I know that is different from the norm..I thought about doing custom but I’m really afraid of doing that because I’m picky and things don’t always come out like you envision it..I even thought of a three stone but that would cost more for sure..See!? I make myself crazy!

And I’ve never seen a moissanite in person. I’m glad you’re enjoying your Moissy OEC and chances are you’d love an authentic OEC. I do wish you could see them irl before you definitively decide only higher colors are it for you. OECs are different than modern cuts. And it’s totally cool if you want a higher color oec but remember seeing it in person is the best way to know for sure. I have a higher color cluster oec ring (G/H) and it’s very lovely but I actually prefer my lower color OEC. I also feel it’s a learning curve learning what pleases you most with old cuts. IMO. IOW until you see lots of them you might not know your preferences in reality but only in theory which van turn out to be different.

In any case take your time and have fun with it. And I’m here however I can be to help in any way I can. ((Hugs))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I went back a few times to look at the ring..I love the look but there are so many prongs holding the diamonds in that it bothers me...so I think it’s a pass..and it’s more than I want to spend too..I’ve tried to narrow down what I like and I like the center stone to not come up too much higher than the surrounding stones. I’m not talking about a puffy crown..but more like the whole center stone is elevated. I also don’t like a lot of prongs. I was thinking a bezel surrounding the center stone would work. I also like the diamonds to be scrunched together so there’s no air line. I also want white gold or platinum with a low profile. I’m in trouble because I’m so picky. :roll

Reactions: AV_

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Wishlist has bling on it!!

It probably won’t happen BY Christmas, but will be for Christmas. I’m upgrading my studs from 1.1ctw to 1.6ctw with floral settings inspired by snotty_pie’s gorgeous studs! I had a loose BGD blue stone that I bought off JDDN awhile back that didn’t end up as an e-ring stone for my brother, so I got to find it a pair :)

Rings are my thing though, outside of studs. I believe I may have the Melanie Casey small changes ring with diamonds sitting under the tree for me. I already own this in rose gold without the diamonds, but it’s a beautiful little stacker... and you know... I’m a PS’er and all that so of course I wanted the YG version with diamonds...

Jbake, how big is that beautiful heart? I have a teeny little heart that I want to set too, but it’s very little and I can’t figure out how to not loose that beautiful shape..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back a few times to look at the ring..I love the look but there are so many prongs holding the diamonds in that it bothers me...so I think it’s a pass..and it’s more than I want to spend too..I’ve tried to narrow down what I like and I like the center stone to not come up too much higher than the surrounding stones. I’m not talking about a puffy crown..but more like the whole center stone is elevated. I also don’t like a lot of prongs. I was thinking a bezel surrounding the center stone would work. I also like the diamonds to be scrunched together so there’s no air line. I also want white gold or platinum with a low profile. I’m in trouble because I’m so picky. :roll

I don't think you are too picky...it helps knowing what you want. I am afraid though I do not remember the original ring I sent to you so cannot picture what you are describing...it's been many rings I have seen since then lol. But it only helps narrow it down and find the cluster ring of your dreams when you know what you want...one thing I want to add is if you are not a fan of old cuts consider getting an MRB cluster ring and not an OEC/OMC cluster ring. Don't spend money on a ring you will not adore and if you do not adore old cuts don't get an old cut cluster ring. Just sharing my thoughts with you. Happy to help no matter what type of ring you are searching for @Mamabean.:appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think you are too picky...it helps knowing what you want. I am afraid though I do not remember the original ring I sent to you so cannot picture what you are describing...it's been many rings I have seen since then lol. But it only helps narrow it down and find the cluster ring of your dreams when you know what you want...one thing I want to add is if you are not a fan of old cuts consider getting an MRB cluster ring and not an OEC/OMC cluster ring. Don't spend money on a ring you will not adore and if you do not adore old cuts don't get an old cut cluster ring. Just sharing my thoughts with you. Happy to help no matter what type of ring you are searching for @Mamabean.:appl:
Thank you Missy! I want an OEC cluster ring or a MRB target ring but all diamonds and no sapphires or rubies. It will basically be the first one that hits me with the love dart. I also thought of having David Klass make me the target after I buy the center stone. I want everything and that’s my problem!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Such a good idea: 'accidental gift' !...

Could use a few random things. Yet, the perfectly useless gifts are so much better =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
CD2EC815-B070-4C59-9E1E-7BC52A3A58A1.jpeg Got an accidental gift for myself. Wasn’t planning to but couldn’t resist.

Still waiting on the reset but hoping I hear good news by end of this week!
So curious! How was it accidental? I love that band!

Reactions: AV_

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Mamabean, I want everything, too! For me, it's compounded by the fact that I don't have much of anything. I could die any moment, you know? Wouldn't want to go without a OEC first. And an antique marquise. And a blue sapphire. And a golden south sea pearl. It would just be tragic.

My problem is communicating with my husband that I'd like jewelry. He doesn't like to buy it for me and absolutely refuses to pick it out. So I'm going to have a blue Christmas it seems :(.

I think I might have to get myself some accidental gifts. My cat steps on the keyboard... who knows what might show up at the door?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, I want everything, too! For me, it's compounded by the fact that I don't have much of anything. I could die any moment, you know? Wouldn't want to go without a OEC first. And an antique marquise. And a blue sapphire. And a golden south sea pearl. It would just be tragic.

My problem is communicating with my husband that I'd like jewelry. He doesn't like to buy it for me and absolutely refuses to pick it out. So I'm going to have a blue Christmas it seems :(.

I think I might have to get myself some accidental gifts. My cat steps on the keyboard... who knows what might show up at the door?
You’re so funny! My husband doesn’t have good taste in jewelry so it evolved that I buy my own...It works!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
D040FA6E-EA23-48E4-8DEB-38879FAAC90A.png
@missy This one...I love it all except for all those prongs..I don’t like claw prongs either..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So curious! How was it accidental? I love that band!

Haha I was talking to another PSer about French cut bands. And started looking into them. And then discovered this band had been returned and contacted the vendor who said they’d sell it as a discount due to it being a returned item and I just couldn’t resist a deal :p

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I was talking to another PSer about French cut bands. And started looking into them. And then discovered this band had been returned and contacted the vendor who said they’d sell it as a discount due to it being a returned item and I just couldn’t resist a deal :p
Wow! It’s so gorgeous! Can you do a close up?

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
My Wishlist has bling on it!!

It probably won’t happen BY Christmas, but will be for Christmas. I’m upgrading my studs from 1.1ctw to 1.6ctw with floral settings inspired by snotty_pie’s gorgeous studs! I had a loose BGD blue stone that I bought off JDDN awhile back that didn’t end up as an e-ring stone for my brother, so I got to find it a pair :)

Rings are my thing though, outside of studs. I believe I may have the Melanie Casey small changes ring with diamonds sitting under the tree for me. I already own this in rose gold without the diamonds, but it’s a beautiful little stacker... and you know... I’m a PS’er and all that so of course I wanted the YG version with diamonds...

Jbake, how big is that beautiful heart? I have a teeny little heart that I want to set too, but it’s very little and I can’t figure out how to not loose that beautiful shape..

I had to look up Melanie Casey & fell in love! So many pretty things! Of course you need the yg one, too! :love:

I had so many recommendations to bezel it, but really wanted to see the outline of the stone itself. My heart is 5.18x6.18mm, .70cts. It’s being set in a simple 4 prong basket with a thin box chain sliding through the back. I am playing around with the idea of getting a smaller heart, about .30cts to bezel set in a dainty bracelet, single dbty style. My problem is the same as some of our friends above, I want everything, too!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Missy! I want an OEC cluster ring or a MRB target ring but all diamonds and no sapphires or rubies. It will basically be the first one that hits me with the love dart. I also thought of having David Klass make me the target after I buy the center stone. I want everything and that’s my problem!

An all diamond target ring would be soooo pretty! :kiss2:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock

This Christmas I started projects & left them on layaway, so all my husband has to do is show up with his wallet ;)2 :lol-2: They’ll even wrap them up if he wants.
He sent me links to two watches he liked. I picked one and ordered it so he gets something he likes, but still a bit of a surprise.

I love the cat walk idea ;)2 If only my husband and son weren’t allergic, I’d do the same!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby is scratching another off my list. I'm not sure if they're Art Deco or more Art Nouveau but I'm on pins and needles waiting for diamond and ruby dangle earrings in one of those styles, lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby is scratching another off my list. I'm not sure if they're Art Deco or more Art Nouveau but I'm on pins and needles waiting for diamond and ruby dangle earrings in one of those styles, lol.
Great! U can’t wait to see them! Is it picking it out himself? :eek2: It would be VERY scary for me! :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! U can’t wait to see them! Is it picking it out himself? :eek2: It would be VERY scary for me! :lol:

LOL he usually has pretty good taste and by now he knows what I like. Plus my jeweler won't let him go to far astray.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been ogling this pretty on JuliaB's Etsy page for months. I've been stashing bits and pieces of money towards it and planned on saving up Christmas and birthday money (in March) for it, but still felt a pretty guilty about spending that kind of money on myself with two kids' birthdays within the next month, Christmas, re-doing my daughter's bedroom etc etc...then yesterday hubby came home and somewhat sheepishly told me he just purchased a supercharger for his Mustang (~$10k) so not to worry about getting him a Christmas present.

The ring was paid in full approximately 10 minutes later :lol:

il_570xN.1109626502_d0xp.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been ogling this pretty on JuliaB's Etsy page for months. I've been stashing bits and pieces of money towards it and planned on saving up Christmas and birthday money (in March) for it, but still felt a pretty guilty about spending that kind of money on myself with two kids' birthdays within the next month, Christmas, re-doing my daughter's bedroom etc etc...then yesterday hubby came home and somewhat sheepishly told me he just purchased a supercharger for his Mustang (~$10k) so not to worry about getting him a Christmas present.

The ring was paid in full approximately 10 minutes later :lol:

il_570xN.1109626502_d0xp.jpg
It’s so big and sparkly! Beautiful! Enjoy!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow Dandi that ring is gorgeous!

My wishlist for the holidays is bling -*in reverse*- because I’ve worked all year to meet my financial goals (zero credit card debt) and will be on target for December 24th exactly!

Except...

The one thing that stands in my way is the unexpected/unplanned cost of my pawn shop stone and she isn’t even set yet! So in order to meet my financial goal I’ll sell off the jewellery that isn’t sentimental and use that as my budget for the setting. Hence ‘bling in reverse’ :)

Happy holidays everyone, happy festivus too <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results