shape
carat
color
clarity

Will my 10x8.3 mm stone fit into a 11x9 three stone setting?

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

I am super excited to have found a pre-loved August Vintage antique emerald cut stone that I am purchasing loose. Merry Christmas to me!! :) I'd love to put it into a temporary setting to wear while I decide on a long term setting. I have found a pre-loved three stone setting that I really like as well for a bargain basement price. It is slightly larger at 11x9 than the 10x8.3 of the stone - it doesn't have to be perfect but I want the stone to be secure. I know with the wealth of knowledge here that someone will know if this will work as a stand in.

Thank you!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have no idea the answer to your question, but congratulations on your new stone! Can't wait to see it

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post a picture of the setting. My sons wife picked ma preowned setting before we got the diamond, an emerald cut. The size of the diamond ended up being a bit off kind of like yours and there was no way it would fit in the setting. It all depends on the head it’s going into. We eventually had to find a diamond to the exact dimension of the setting.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
depends on the setting.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I stopped at my local jeweler today and the three stone setting should work! Yay! I will post in Fabulous Fashion once I have it set.

Thanks!

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results