shape
carat
color
clarity

Why we love what we love

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was wonderful to watch, thanks for sharing!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely my life philosophy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so true!
When my grandmother died back in 1987, she had a cabinet full of bath gift sets. You know, with fancy soaps, bath beads, (those big ones that had oil in the center) and all kinds of perfumes that people had given her as gifts over the years. They were all unopened.
I always think of that when I get a new perfume, fancy soap, or anything like that. I open it up right away and use it!
And I wear my rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces everyday. I don't wanna miss one minute of jewelry enjoyment!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so true. Thank you for posting this video. I went to a monthly dinner tonight with a group of retirees from work and we were celebrating one of the retired ladies who just passed away Sunday while in Rwanda. She had only been retired a few years and was only 62. I am glad she had those years to travel and visit amazing places because one never knows when it is your time. Live it as best and as full as you can.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrs_Strizzle Thank you for sharing the video. Yes, completely 100% yes. Enjoy every moment and live in the moment. Do not save your good stuff for tomorrow. Enjoy it today because our only guarantee is right this moment. Every day we are alive and well is a special occasion.

eachday.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! I do try to live my life this way..I had a few very close scares so after that I did start to use my pretty dishes..my jewelry..not saving for later quite a few years ago. I need to remind myself sometimes..Thank you for this!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I went home last night and I had no more cheap grocery store wine, but several bottles of nice wine we were given for our wedding almost 2 years ago. I realized that those that gave them to me did so so that we would enjoy them, and not so I would wait for another "special" event. So I opened one, celebrating that it was Tuesday.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went home last night and I had no more cheap grocery store wine, but several bottles of nice wine we were given for our wedding almost 2 years ago. I realized that those that gave them to me did so so that we would enjoy them, and not so I would wait for another "special" event. So I opened one, celebrating that it was Tuesday.
Yes! Every day is special!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the flip side, I really do enjoy having things that I save for special occasions, because it really does make it feel like a special occasion when I pull them out. It gives the event a special feeling that I don't think it would have otherwise. But I do use them and wear them and enjoy them, which is probably the point.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the flip side, I really do enjoy having things that I save for special occasions, because it really does make it feel like a special occasion when I pull them out. It gives the event a special feeling that I don't think it would have otherwise. But I do use them and wear them and enjoy them, which is probably the point.
This is pretty weird but not in my eyes..I LOVE dishes..I have vintage china and old dinnerware sets. I also have new current style dishes..but we use white Fiestaware for every day. My elderly mother lives with me as well as my adult son with autism. They both scrape the dishes HARD...There are utensil marks all over them..I buy new ones..and within a short period of time they have them all scratched up. I eat on them for dinner with them..but breakfast and lunch I use my pretty dishes for me. :P2

LetLoveRule

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing! Totally agree =)2 sometimes I or others think I'm too dressy but you know what? I like dressing up and looking/feeling pretty :oops2:

My partner has always encouraged me to buy better quality and this year I have finally started listening to him. I bought a few pairs of leather boots, shoes and bags. We got engaged and my first diamond/white gold ring is being made. And you know what? I have noticed that the difference in money doesn't matter (that much) but what you get in return does! I love wearing/using the good things, makes life more fun :mrgreen2: (but still buy everything on sale..)

Last year we travelled abroad for a few months and looking back now, I don't care about the money we spent (at the time I did care, too much maybe) but really care about the things we've done and seen. This video made me remember that =)2

Life is good, enjoy! :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing! Totally agree =)2 sometimes I or others think I'm too dressy but you know what? I like dressing up and looking/feeling pretty :oops2:

My partner has always encouraged me to buy better quality and this year I have finally started listening to him. I bought a few pairs of leather boots, shoes and bags. We got engaged and my first diamond/white gold ring is being made. And you know what? I have noticed that the difference in money doesn't matter but what you get in return does!

Life is good :mrgreen2:

Love this, and it's so true! I realized after joining PS that I should "save for the gem/jewelry piece I want, not what's on sale, what I think I got a great deal one, etc. Because once I have what I truly love, everything pales in comparison. My hubby says I'm growing up, lol.

CloverBuddha

Rough_Rock
This is so true!
When my grandmother died back in 1987, she had a cabinet full of bath gift sets. You know, with fancy soaps, bath beads, (those big ones that had oil in the center) and all kinds of perfumes that people had given her as gifts over the years. They were all unopened.
I always think of that when I get a new perfume, fancy soap, or anything like that. I open it up right away and use it!
And I wear my rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces everyday. I don't wanna miss one minute of jewelry enjoyment!
Wise words

LetLoveRule

Shiny_Rock
Love this, and it's so true! I realized after joining PS that I should "save for the gem/jewelry piece I want, not what's on sale, what I think I got a great deal one, etc. Because once I have what I truly love, everything pales in comparison. My hubby says I'm growing up, lol.

Haha mine says the same ;)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't save stuff. I was brought to do so but, cancer twice kinda kills that. So I do indeed live for each day. For me, every day is a special occassion. I don't wear my rings as often but I hate to when I have to type....lol and I type a lot!

I 'm probably going to sound super morbid, but the one certainly we have in life is death. I'd say add taxes to that but :roll2: yeah Imma leave that out...lol

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have 4 sets of dishes. Some were only for special occasions. I sold them all and bought white Wedgwood for my everyday dishes. I used to love having different china, but it wasn't necessary, and it didn't get used ever. Now I have nice dishes for every meal. My MIL has a friend who got sterling cutlery for her wedding. She has always used it daily! Carpe diem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results