shape
carat
color
clarity

Why no asscher / square cut tennis bracelets on PS?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I've been obsessed with getting another tennis bracelet. I have round diamonds and would like a different shape. I saw some pics online and like the look of a square shape, but not princess or french cut. I searched the forums here for ideas but couldn't find any. Is it just that rounds are so popular or are there reasons why asscher / square cuts aren't good for tennis bracelets?

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Asscher is a deep cut that really "sings" best in the larger sizes. I don't think the size of stones in that Asscher tennis bracelet at Purse Forum shows off Asscher characteristics well because the stones are too small. And due to the depth of step cut stones, you'd be paying a lot for a lot of carat weight below the girdle instead of in face-up size (surface area.) And you'd be paying for that to completely encircle your wrist. It's a lot of money spent for little show to have a tennis bracelet of that, in my opinion. I'd pick some more sparkly & showy make of diamonds. That's why you see lots of RB and some princess in tennis bracelets.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher is a deep cut that really "sings" best in the larger sizes. I don't think the size of stones in that Asscher tennis bracelet at Purse Forum shows off Asscher characteristics well because the stones are too small. And due to the depth of step cut stones, you'd be paying a lot for a lot of carat weight below the girdle instead of in face-up size (surface area.) And you'd be paying for that to completely encircle your wrist. It's a lot of money spent for little show to have a tennis bracelet of that, in my opinion. I'd pick some more sparkly & showy make of diamonds. That's why you see lots of RB and some princess in tennis bracelets.

+1
Well put.

Of course you could commission a tennis bracelet surrounding your wrist with 3 ct GIA F VS1 asschers.

Better yet, alternating Fancy Vivid Green, Fancy Vivid Blue, and Fancy Red fully natural diamonds would be nice! :dance:
But we'd better limit the size of each FCD to only 2 carats.
Then it won't be very expensive. :lol:

It's only money.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will also say that finding excellent cut, matched asschers to fill a bracelet might be a challenge.

But to me, the most fantastic tennis bracelet EVER is this antique Tiffany French Cut diamond bracelet!

Tiffanyfrenchcutbracelet.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading the comments with interest here as I have been mulling over the idea of using square cut stones in a diamond bracelet as well.

I don't own a tennis bracelet but instead wear these two smaller diamond bracelets together.

wgdiamondbracelets.jpg

I've always wanted to one with diamonds and tsavs to add some color when I wanted. I asked one of my vendors if they could make a bracelet using some princess cut diamonds/tsav melee I had in my box. There weren't enough to go around so he sent this design which I've been sitting on for months.
bracelet_tsav.jpg

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading the comments with interest here as I have been mulling over the idea of using square cut stones in a diamond bracelet as well.

I don't own a tennis bracelet but instead wear these two smaller diamond bracelets together.

wgdiamondbracelets.jpg

I've always wanted to one with diamonds and tsavs to add some color when I wanted. I asked one of my vendors if they could make a bracelet using some princess cut diamonds/tsav melee I had in my box. There weren't enough to go around so he sent this design which I've been sitting on for months.
bracelet_tsav.jpg

Oh gosh thats a beautiful bracelet. What size tsavs are you using? I have a parcel of about 20 princess cuts that are just sitting around. (don't ask, I had a weak moment...lol) I wish I were more of a bracelet person (I usually have to wear them on the left as I put watch on the right)

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20170425_225921.jpg How about a squarish setting? I love these cute little octagonal links. Original period platinum setting, hand carved! I like it snug so had it shortened.

Anne

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anne,this is so beautiful!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh thats a beautiful bracelet. What size tsavs are you using? I have a parcel of about 20 princess cuts that are just sitting around. (don't ask, I had a weak moment...lol) I wish I were more of a bracelet person (I usually have to wear them on the left as I put watch on the right)

Laughing, I have lots of melee parcels the result of my compulsive nature. My tsavs and princess cuts are 3mm. I wish I had more tsavs to use in the pattern but didn't have enough. I fell in love with another tsav/diamond bracelet but wanted better color tsavs than it had.

Anne_h , I adore your bracelet...the setting is to die for!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0475.JPG I tried on a 9ct bracelet I cannot afford and now I have lust in my heart. :))

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, this is tdf!
Just from looking at you wearing it, I have lust in my heart, too!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would assume asschers would be too expensive and princess cuts don't appeal to me at all. Now an emerald cut bracelet would be delicious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results