shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$35 for the lot, mind you it took three hours of sifting to find it all. Please don't mind the flosser in one of the pics (DH was helping to untangle some chains).

In the first pic on the right there are three watch chains, the one on the far right is Marked Simmons, next to that is a 12k gold filled long chain, next to that one is a watch chain with some sort of animal head (dog? Crocodile?) and next to that one is the last watch chain marked CRH Co (I think) 12K gold filled. The silver chain next to that is marked Espo Sterling and finally the wire necklace with the rhinestones is stamped "NY".

Other highlights:

Three vintage Hallmark pins (drummer boy, cornucopia, Valentine's dog).

Boucher daschund brooch
10K Enamel flower brooch
12k gold filled coral flower pendant
12k gold filled jasper and leaves bracelet
Hickok jockey tie bar
Sancrest squash Blossom earrings
A Hartford Whalers ring (probably only Nutmeggers would appreciate lol!)
A sterling turquoise brooch marked Sterling Mexico with a crown
Swank Ubangi warrior cuff link (I bought a single cuff link a few visits ago and found the match today!)
Not really old but two Troll beads a dragon and guardian angel both are solid silver

IMG_6858.JPG IMG_6859.JPG IMG_6860.JPG IMG_6861.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone knows what should be connecting the two heads on the chain and what the piece is next to it, I would greatly appreciate it. The smaller bracelet(?) is marked Mignon.

M IMG_6862.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You go girl!
Good stuff!
I was out today too, and found some cool things.
Gotta go early and bring lots of cash!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3DA015EF-51F0-4CEE-B7ED-DED1A7AED379.jpeg Excellent finds there.
With the necklace, if it fits over your head I’d just put a round jump ring in.
If it’s too short to go over your head, I’d buy one of those “magnetic clasps”. That way you won’t have an obvious clasp on show.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, pictures or it didn't happen :twisted2:

@Bron357, oh that's a good idea those magnetic closures, I think this one will fit over my head but those will come in handy for future buys, thanks so much!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice haul - and what fun!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, pictures or it didn't happen :twisted2:

@Bron357, oh that's a good idea those magnetic closures, I think this one will fit over my head but those will come in handy for future buys, thanks so much!
Haha,! Ok, I have pics!
I found a Van Briggle "Lotus" bowl at an estate sale.
Also, an "Old Ivory" salad plate, by Hermann Ohme, from about 1920.
And the kicker, 3 cool vintage pipes! The brand is Medico, and they are unsmoked. The one has sterling embellishment. All 3 for $3.00.
No, I'm not taking up pipe smoking! I'm gonna put them in my booth at the antique mall. The sterling one might get me a few dollars!
IMG_20180526_171501681.jpg IMG_20180526_171507600.jpg IMG_20180526_171603434.jpg IMG_20180526_171553023.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, we must be long lost sisters because I had no idea you sold vintage, we have something else in common!

I love that lotus bowl especially that color and you can't beat pipes for $1 each!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, we must be long lost sisters because I had no idea you sold vintage, we have something else in common!

I love that lotus bowl especially that color and you can't beat pipes for $1 each!
Yes, we are sisters for sure!
I've had this booth for about 4 years now. I have mostly vintage, and some antiques. I always loved flea markets and yard sales, so this is just a natural progression for me. I try to educate myself in many areas, so I know what to look for when I go out. This is why I'm always in the thrift stores!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 awesome find $2 is a steal and they are super cute!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Highlights from today:

First pic-I have no idea what this is called but it's 14kt. If anyone knows please let me know!

Second pic -10k gold filled Kreisler bracelet. Omg I love this one!

Third pic -two watch chains and a gold filled (I think) mechanical pencil. Check out the slide on that watch chain on the right :kiss2:

IMG_6971.JPG

IMG_6966.JPG IMG_6970.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Highlights from today:

First pic-I have no idea what this is called but it's 14kt. If anyone knows please let me know!

Second pic -10k gold filled Kreisler bracelet. Omg I love this one!

Third pic -two watch chains and a gold filled (I think) mechanical pencil. Check out the slide on that watch chain on the right :kiss2:
IMG_6971.JPG

IMG_6966.JPG IMG_6970.JPG
Great pieces, Stephanie! I love the bracelet and pencil.
The thrill of the hunt!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a little treasure I found over the weekend. Marked Sterling and adjustable with really pretty rather ornate 3D flowers.

I guess this will be my go to spot to share vintage finds ;-)

@stracci2000, you need a vintage finds thread too or maybe we should make a joint one so as not to annoy people with all our found treasure :lol-2:

IMG_7177.JPG IMG_7174.JPG IMG_7176.JPG IMG_7180.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7178.JPG
    IMG_7178.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 114

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that ring! Is there a mark? It looks 1960s-70s, handmade. Very cool!
I enjoy seeing all your good finds, @Stephanie!
I think this thread is just fine to post our vintage-y acquisitions.
Mine won't always be jewelry, though. I gather up all sorts of weird things!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, no mark except a Sterling stamp on the back, the detail is just amazing, this is why I love vintage so much, the quality is just beyond what you can find today.

So far your "weird stuff" has been looking pretty good to me. I'll tell you what's weird is my DH who bought all these old McDonald's toys (the food items that transform into robots) I swear I thought he had lost his damn mind lol!

So post away, the stranger the better :twisted2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I found this at a thrift store for 50 cents.
It's a carved ivory netsuke, which is a Japanese toggle ornament for a man's kimono. He has amber eyes!
The holes on the bottom are for a cord to pass through.
IMG_20180605_213911.jpg IMG_20171105_160745858.jpg IMG_20180605_213822.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Oh see I think I saw those on the Roadshow but never in person, very cool.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great haul @StephanieLynn

What are you going to do with your treasures?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina

I was telling my husband the PS people are going to think I'm a hoarder lol! I have an Etsy store so that's where everything ends up minus one or two pieces of course :D

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina

I was telling my husband the PS people are going to think I'm a hoarder lol! I have an Etsy store so that's where everything ends up minus one or two pieces of course :D
It's really hard to let go of the good pieces.
My house is now full of things I can't part with, like the kitty netsuke!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 it's definitely a challenge to let things go sometimes. So far the only things I've kept are a gold filled watch chain (to wear my pink sapphire brooch/pendant on) and a gold filled signet ring with my DH and DS first initial. However I've only been in the game since January and despite my best efforts at being a vintage jewelry store my biggest seller is Strawberry Shortcake, the original 80's ones.

I bet you have a great collection of things, if only we lived closer together, how fun it would be to have coffee and share all our finds and collections.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 it's definitely a challenge to let things go sometimes. So far the only things I've kept are a gold filled watch chain (to wear my pink sapphire brooch/pendant on) and a gold filled signet ring with my DH and DS first initial. However I've only been in the game since January and despite my best efforts at being a vintage jewelry store my biggest seller is Strawberry Shortcake, the original 80's ones.

I bet you have a great collection of things, if only we lived closer together, how fun it would be to have coffee and share all our finds and collections.
Only since January? You have alot of time to make up for!
My dad loved flea markets, and he used to take me with him when I was a kid. He would give me a $5 bill and let me loose. I still have an alabaster Venus de Milo(18") that I bought with that $5. Now why would a 12 year old kid want a Venus de Milo? Because it was cool!
And I just love all things Asian. I have about 30 Japanese dolls. I also have arrowheads, pottery, Wedgwood Jasperware, vintage clothes, etc etc...
@StephanieLynn , when you come for coffee, we will review it all!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH wanted to go to an indoor flea market today, really wasn't feeling it, we were headed out to a local farm and I was more excited to visit with the animals but then I figured I'd poke around.

In one of the booths she had these plastic Tupperware containers with jewelry piled in them and in the $1 bin I found the Reed and Barton silverplated pill box and in the $3 bin I spotted this really cool Michal Golan brooch/pendant. Think I'll be keeping that one for myself :kiss2:

Anyone else find any treasure this weekend?

IMG_7362.JPG IMG_7363.JPG IMG_7364.JPG IMG_7365.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Stracci, that is an amazing find and it looks to be in such great condition too! Always amazed to find antique glass in such pristine condition, I don't buy it much because of the shipping component and risk of damage.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow some really cool finds here! How do you find out about Flea Markets and Antique places? I love older jewelry - I just think that they are so much more romantic and warm, but I never could figure out where to look for things!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@metall, you can start by just looking them up in your area and they checking them out in person. The truth though is that establishing a relationship is the key to finding amazing things, at least for me. For example I have a shop I frequently buy jewelry from, technically they are a pawn shop but she has a huge armoire of jewelry, the first three times I sorted through what was in there but the last time I asked if she had a bucket of jewelry in the back and sure enough she did! I found crazy good things there and she even let me look through a tray she was sorting through. So as you get to know people and develop a level of trust and respect you will open up more opportunities to find great things.

Also Etsy is great, there is some great jewelry to be found there as well as Ruby Lane.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@metall,
Check your local newspaper for estate sales. They can include jewelry, and other interesting collectibles. Get there early!
I also hunt down garage sales. Sometimes they are listed in the paper, but I mostly drive around older, established neighborhoods looking for signs.You can never tell what you"ll find.
If you're looking for specific jewelry pieces, eBay is the place. The prices can vary wildly, so keep looking everyday for a price you are willing to pay.
Flea markets are so much fun. They are not usually advertised. You may have to ask around about the flea market in your area.
Also, check out antique malls. Good luck!

Last edited:

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very cool info, I'm not technically looking for anything specific, jewelry or otherwise. Old china and Crystal really call to me...DF's family summer home has an old bavarian tea service set for 8 that i love! And ive been gifted a beautiful maple display cabinet i would LOVE to put something like that tea service set in. My MIL really started me collecting things for around the house when she gave us an old crystal candy dish. So now im always on the look out for antique stores or flea markets.... and little things on my list. I've been dying to get a working table lighter and cigarette case for DF's man cave since if it were up to him hed just paint the room black and call it a day.

Thank you for the tip about the paper...i really suck at picking them up since I get my news via phone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results