shape
carat
color
clarity

When to order ring size up or down?

tonielle

Rough_Rock
According to my plastic ring sizer, I'm about a size 5 1/2 currently.

I have a size 5 ring band, 5mm width, that I can still get on and off pretty easily, but it *squishes* a bit when it's on lol

I'm planning on ordering 2 thin 1.5-1.6mm width bands to stack. I'm wondering if I could get away with ordering a size 5 since they are much thinner? I imagine the thinner width is a bit more forgiving for sizing? I don't plan on taking these rings on and off much

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I see your dilemma! I have been looking at some affordable stackers on Berricle and Etsy but none of those places offer half sizes! I wear a 4.5 and order all my stackers in size 5. Even though they are thin, when you put 2 or more on, especially with an e-ring, I find you need to go up. If you're measuring a 5.5 right now, I guess you would order a 6? You can always send them back if they don't fit.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Wow I never considered that I'd have to go up!

If it were just an e-ring with a matching band, would you still size up? I'm currently wearing my old size 5 and it's not too bad. I just remember it used to slide around quite a bit... 15 years ago :lol:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Yes... 5.5 is probably best. I have a size 3.75-4.00 ring finger, and when stacking a 4.00 with a 4.5, my finger squishes.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Wow I never considered that I'd have to go up!

If it were just an e-ring with a matching band, would you still size up? I'm currently wearing my old size 5 and it's not too bad. I just remember it used to slide around quite a bit... 15 years ago :lol:
No, if you're wearing it with only your e-ring and the band is super thin, you might be able to get away with a 5, but 5.5 would be ideal. You need some wiggle room for bloating/summer weather.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results