shape
carat
color
clarity

What shape eternity do you think looks best with OECs?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to wear my OEC on its own or with stackers. I’m considering getting one large eternity band to wear with it. I don’t want to get custom cut OECs and searching for an OEC band preloved that is my size, budget, etc might be frustrating. So do you think it would look best with MRBs? Or do you recommend a completely different shape like asscher, emerald, marquise, etc? Of course, if you think OECs really are the way to go let me know and and maybe I’ll rethink about a preloved one.

16B3D081-C271-4417-B548-C7FC4F371556.jpeg EFDB1CBD-D3E3-4ADD-A217-97307B8677BB.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do French cuts, Peruzzi, asschers or chunky cushions - all cuts where there are big flashes that would be similar to the scintillation and sparkle of the OEC. I think the fast scintillation and small flashes of MRB doesn't look right next to an OEC especially a big one.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing !!!
Get a bunch of different stackers (in phases) and you can have a new look at the snap of your finger.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No MRBs IMO. They don't look right with old cuts. I like the suggestion of french cut diamonds or a suisse cut band. You don't need custom. I found mine in an estate shop. They are around. The sparkle is subtle and goes well with OECs IMO. Your OEC is INCREDIBLE. But you already know how I feel about it. Beautiful!:kiss2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking French cuts or alternating shapes.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Single cuts.
Well-made vintage single cut bands in good condition aren't a dime a dozen... but they aren't uncommon either.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No MRBs IMO. They don't look right with old cuts. I like the suggestion of french cut diamonds or a suisse cut band.
@missy, I’ve been meaning to ask, do you have any close ups of your suisse cuts? I can’t seem to find any consensus on what they look like outside of a diagram but I’m struggling slightly to visualise them as actual sparkly diamonds

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’ve been meaning to ask, do you have any close ups of your suisse cuts? I can’t seem to find any consensus on what they look like outside of a diagram but I’m struggling slightly to visualise them as actual sparkly diamonds

Hi @foxinsox it's difficult to capture the suisse (single) cut beauty in phone pics but I just took 2 pics for you. HTH. They have less sparkle than their MRB counterparts but have a subtle shimmer I find complementary to the OEC center diamond. When I think of suisse cuts I think of single cuts and group them together though that is not technically correct. I do think suisse cuts and single cuts both complement an old cut center diamond so in that sense I group them together. They are not in your face sparkly like a modern cut though so not for everyone. But IMO beautiful in their own right. OK onto some not great photos. Sorry but I hope this helps anyway.

In bed this morning. Gray and wet outside. But Bubbalah remains unruffled and bright.
suissecutbandwithbubbalah.jpg

suissecutband.jpg

Here is an additional photo with my suisse cut band with Bea (now Bella).

beawithfrenchcutsapphireand   suissediamondbandandvintageengravedbands.jpg

For @kgizo I also forgot to add in my post to you that I love a simple engraved band with an OEC ER too. LOVE.

Here is Bea (now Bella) with my engraved platinum band. You can see the detail best on the engraved band in this pic I have from a few years ago.

beawithwb.jpg

and here is Bubbalah in bed (with my dh and 3 of our 4 kitties meow) this AM with the engraved band. Photos not as clear sorry!

engragvedbandandbubbalah.jpeg

separated the bands just now so you could see it a bit better.

engravedbandandbubbalah.jpg

Cannot go wrong with an engraved band IMO.

OK hope that helps and sorry for the quick and not so great photos this AM. My phone is dying so had to be quick about it. Charging it up now and will be ready to go for more photos later.:P2

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics @missy - I can definitely see the difference and yes! An engraved band works so well with OECs esp a nice big solitaire OEC :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @foxinsox it's difficult to capture the suisse (single) cut beauty in phone pics but I just took 2 pics for you. HTH. They have less sparkle than their MRB counterparts but have a subtle shimmer I find complementary to the OEC center diamond. When I think of suisse cuts I think of single cuts and group them together though that is not technically correct. I do think suisse cuts and single cuts both complement an old cut center diamond so in that sense I group them together. They are not in your face sparkly like a modern cut though so not for everyone. But IMO beautiful in their own right. OK onto some not great photos. Sorry but I hope this helps anyway.

In bed this morning. Gray and wet outside. But Bubbalah remains unruffled and bright.
suissecutbandwithbubbalah.jpg

suissecutband.jpg

Here is an additional photo with my suisse cut band with Bea (now Bella).

beawithfrenchcutsapphireand   suissediamondbandandvintageengravedbands.jpg

For @kgizo I also forgot to add in my post to you that I love a simple engraved band with an OEC ER too. LOVE.

Here is Bea (now Bella) with my engraved platinum band. You can see the detail best on the engraved band in this pic I have from a few years ago.

beawithwb.jpg

and here is Bubbalah in bed (with my dh and 3 of our 4 kitties meow) this AM with the engraved band. Photos not as clear sorry!

engragvedbandandbubbalah.jpeg

separated the bands just now so you could see it a bit better.

engravedbandandbubbalah.jpg

Cannot go wrong with an engraved band IMO.

OK hope that helps and sorry for the quick and not so great photos this AM. My phone is dying so had to be quick about it. Charging it up now and will be ready to go for more photos later.:P2

These shots are quite helpful! Good views of the bands. Is your engraved band vintage or new?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to wear my OEC on its own or with stackers. I’m considering getting one large eternity band to wear with it. I don’t want to get custom cut OECs and searching for an OEC band preloved that is my size, budget, etc might be frustrating. So do you think it would look best with MRBs? Or do you recommend a completely different shape like asscher, emerald, marquise, etc? Of course, if you think OECs really are the way to go let me know and and maybe I’ll rethink about a preloved one.

16B3D081-C271-4417-B548-C7FC4F371556.jpeg EFDB1CBD-D3E3-4ADD-A217-97307B8677BB.jpeg

LOVE your ring, simply stunning. All the suggestions sound great. If I were you I would go try on a bunch of bands with it. Find an estate jewelry shop and spend hours there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These shots are quite helpful! Good views of the bands. Is your engraved band vintage or new?

Hi @Stone Hunter, thanks, glad you found it helpful! My engraved platinum band is vintage (from the 1930s). Here's a close up shot.

1930platinumwb.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Stone Hunter, thanks, glad you found it helpful! My engraved platinum band is vintage (from the 1930s). Here's a close up shot.

1930platinumwb.jpg

So very NICE! Thanks for sharing a close up. :D

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
No advice, just wanted to say those pastel flashes are amazing.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baguettes either east to west or north to south in a channel setting.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like baguette bands with old cuts. If you are going for a larger band I'd do elongated diamonds in a row: french cuts or baguettes set sideways (long ways) in a delicate channel or in bezels.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your beautiful OEC...The pastels are gorgeous! I hope you have a thread on it! :love:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Single cut rounds might be the most available, if you care for the size they come in.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do you have a thread on your ER, @kgizo ? It is gorgeous!! Great avatar! Stunning pictures!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you decided? I didn't see this thread when you posted it. By large eternity, I am assuming you mean a wider band with larger stones than 2mm stackers, right? For a 2.5mm+ band with an OEC, I'd vote french cuts. I think about doing this myself if I stick with a solitaire, because I don't have room to wear two stackers, but I could wear one 2.5-3mm diamond band. I definitely would not wear a mrb band with larger stones than my Legacy band with my AVR. But in a thin band, you can, because you can't see the facet pattern. I would be hesitant to buy something I couldn't return, though, because I am not certain what width would be wide enough without competing with the e-ring. So I'd try some on in different widths even if the kind of diamonds isn't right.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have another band to add here soon and hopefully it will prove to be another good option to wear with an OEC ER. I won't know till it arrives and I see how it looks together with the OEC but fingers crossed. And if it looks nice I will share it here. A Vintage Skinny French cut diamond eternity.

Haha @diamondseeker2006 I'm just reading your post above and my thoughts exactly. I know that with wider french cut bands it is easier to appreciate the french cuts just like a bigger OEC is easier to appreciate the chunky delicious facet pattern. However I prefer widths and heights to match closely when I am wearing rings together. But it will be more difficult to appreciate the french cuts that I know from seeing pics of thicker french cut bands and thinner ones. But personally I am going for an overall look with the rings together so hoping it will be pretty.

@kgizo I think you have so many great options to choose from...all that would look lovely with your gorgeous OEC. And you can mix and match as you desire once you have a few in your repertoire that you love. That's what I do.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide. And please start a thread with your gorgeous OEC ER.:kiss2:

CloverBuddha

Rough_Rock
Or both, an engraved & single cut combo

IMG_1703.JPG
Sorry if you’ve mentioned this before, but did you have these rings in graved or did you source them like that. Just exquisite…

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if you’ve mentioned this before, but did you have these rings in graved or did you source them like that. Just exquisite…

Thanks for your compliment!
My ERing is a custom design; the engraving is based off a vintage example. The band ring is an all original antique. I found the band ring after I had my Ering made. The engravings do not match, but to me, are complementarily.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @ILikeShiny, @foxinsox, @bludiva, @ringo865, @Sandeek, @AprilBaby, @yssie, @EC8, @Stone Hunter, @missy, @lambskin, @Mamabean, @AV_, @canuk-gal, @LaylaR, and @diamondseeker2006 Based on everyone’s feedback I’m going to take my time and keep an eye out for non-MRBs.
I don’t have a SMTB thread on it bc all pics are from my very old iphone (Traded it in this past weekend and the sales guy was all “wow, haven’t seen one of these in years” :shock:). I feel like I need to get out the camera and get some better pics before making a thread. If the sun is out I will try to do this weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results