What is your favorite impulse food?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
calvinandhobbesfoodfave.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine varies depending on my mood. But if I had to choose just one impulse food I think of something easy to grab, easy to eat and delicious to boot. Right now that is dark dairy free gluten free chocolate. I found this at our local supermarket in the checkout aisle (haha that's where they get you and your impulsive urges) and am enjoying it far too much. :lol:

What's your favorite impulse food?

yuminmytum.gif

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way I can pick just one.

For impulse foods:
- Kraft mac n cheese (something about it just makes me happy).
- Ramen (the square shaped packages that you can buy 4 for $1)

For impulse snacks:
- Cookies (chocolate chip, Keebler elf fudge, vanilla wafers)
- CHOCOLATE (any shape or size) :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For impulse foods:

For impulse snacks:

OK I want to play too and pick more than one cause let's face it I love to eat and I do it often. :lickout: :lol:

Impulse snacks for watching movies at home:
Popcorn by the bucket

Impulse snacks late at night (for me this is at 7PM LOL and not kidding):
Dairy free ice cream

Impulse snacks any time of day:
Dark chocolate (and I do mean any time of day as I just finished eating some dark chocolate at 5AM this morning)

AIP granola in a jar (dairy free, grain free, gluten free but delicious nonetheless)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For impulse foods:

For impulse snacks:

Comfort food makes me happy too and your Kraft mac n cheese is comfort food for sure. I am getting hungry (and I just ate a lot) just thinking about mac n cheese. Oy and Yummm.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comfort food makes me happy too and your Kraft mac n cheese is comfort food for sure. I am getting hungry (and I just ate a lot) just thinking about mac n cheese. Oy and Yummm.

Yeah, my choices are definitely a combination of comfort & impulse food.
And I swear to you those cookies just jump into my cart as I walk past. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, my choices are definitely a combination of comfort & impulse food.
And I swear to you those cookies just jump into my cart as I walk past. :lol:

Yes same thing happens to me with the dark chocolate haha. Somehow it just leaps into my cart as I am checking out. Darn you dark chocolate! :lickout:

The rest of my "impulse" foods I have to order online but I am impulsive online and off so my impulses are not discriminating in any way. Equal opportunity impulses for me. :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For impulse foods:

For impulse snacks:

Elle, have you tried this?? Just in case you need another impulse food...
4539DD28-C4AF-4139-8DCD-E8CE5B271070.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." - Dave Barry

darkchocolate.jpg

On my way to achieving inner peace. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hershey’s kisses...I can’t have them in my house...:evil2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hershey’s kisses...I can’t have them in my house...:evil2:

I was going to make that topic a thread...what trigger food we cannot keep in our house for fear of eating it all immediately...that used to be PB for me but now that I cannot eat peanut butter (makes me sick) it is no longer a trigger food for me.

I love Hershey's kisses. Yummmm.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.42.02 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to make that topic a thread...what trigger food we cannot keep in our house for fear of eating it all immediately...that used to be PB for me but now that I cannot eat peanut butter (makes me sick) it is no longer a trigger food for me.

I love Hershey's kisses. Yummmm.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.42.02 AM.png

Thank you @missy Now I want Hershey kisses at 6:45 am... :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy Now I want Hershey kisses at 6:45 am... :lol:

Haha sorry. If it makes you feel any better I ate lots of chocolate this morning at around 4/5AM. #sorry/notsorry

ETA: the good thing about this (if one considers this a good thing) I am gaining weight. Now just hoping I don't go overboard...and let's face it gaining weight by eating chocolate and ice cream isn't desirable but LOL I have a doctor appt next week and he is going to make me get on the scale so every lb counts woohoo. And uh oh...:shifty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This used to be my favorite impulse food...can you guess what this is?

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.56.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.56.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 6.56.29 AM.png

:lickout:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy At first I thought it was peanut butter bars but it’s too light..What is it? I want some!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy At first I thought it was peanut butter bars but it’s too light..What is it? I want some!

It is! The famous (in my family) peanut butter chocolate frozen brownies Greg and my sister used to make for me. They are so freaking yummy. I wish I could still have them. Gluten and dairy and peanut butter free just wouldn't be the same. I mean, that's taking all the delicious ingredients out. :doh:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so my impulse foods

Savoury: Doritos tortilla chips, specifically the habanero chilli and guacamole mixed bags. Hot :angryfire:

Sweet: I love peanut butter cookies and icecream. It's the whole salty sweet crunchy thing that hits the spot. :lickout:

Healthy: Really into overnight oats currently. My fave is mango and chia seed. Yum! Also fills me up and stops me snacking on peanut butter cookies.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything pan-fried with chilli Mayo with toasted sesame oil and seeds, such as:

Thinly cut Spam
Hot dog sausages
Sliced garlic sausage

When I am ill, I opt for cream of chicken soup with added chilli oil, toasted sesame oil and seeds.

When I need comfort food, I opt of savoury rather than sweet ones. I usually have a tin each of Spam, hot dog sausages and condensed cream of chicken soup in the house in case I need comfort food for whatever reason(s).

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is! The famous (in my family) peanut butter chocolate frozen brownies Greg and my sister used to make for me. They are so freaking yummy. I wish I could still have them. Gluten and dairy and peanut butter free just wouldn't be the same. I mean, that's taking all the delicious ingredients out. :doh:

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet: I love peanut butter cookies and icecream. It's the whole salty sweet crunchy thing that hits the spot. :lickout:

Same! What a combo. Delish for sure.:lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Potato chips = crack

I can’t even have them in the house or I will justify eating them for meals.

I hear you and same for me. It's truly impossible to eat *just* one or two or half a bag. Within minutes the bag will be gone if I had access to them here. Sad but true.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
I hear you and same for me. It's truly impossible to eat *just* one or two or half a bag. Within minutes the bag will be gone if I had access to them here. Sad but true.

Yep, it's just open the hatch and tip them in! :lol-2: But then you may feel a bit :sick: if you overdo it!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I once had a recipe for chocolate dipped potato chip cookies. I never made them because I feared that I would never eat anything else. I know the devil wrote that recipe.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about chocolate covered potato chips?

Imagine drizzling melted Nutella over potato chips, a mix of sweet and savoury, nice!

DK :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once had a recipe for chocolate dipped potato chip cookies. I never made them because I feared that I would never eat anything else. I know the devil wrote that recipe.

Ooooh emmmm geeeeee! I am dying here. That sounds out of this world crazy delicious. OMG :lickout:

Googled it and there are a few versions. All of them look scrumptious.

merlin_164785287_d20b82ca-eb3f-48ac-8b8e-3a0a1e0576b0-articleLarge.jpg

DSC_0054_thumb.jpg

Chip-Cookies-768x1024.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about chocolate covered potato chips?

Imagine drizzling melted Nutella over potato chips, a mix of sweet and savoury, nice!

DK :bigsmile:

Not a Nutella fan but let's face it. If we drizzle almost anything we love over potato chips it's gonna taste decadent. LOL I mean that's love right? Feeding our loved ones food they enjoy. At least that's how we grew up. Food=love. Italians and Jews are similar that way and many other cultures I suspect as well. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results