shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this purple sapphire for a modest e-ring?

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your son and future DIL.
I have no experience with this company, but I’ll still chime in.
There’s no reputable lab report - but at this price point it may not matter to you?

The color is pretty in the shot on my monitor. In real life, and especially in alternate lighting it may look totally different. That’s all subjective though.
I would not like a round that seems cut this shallow, however. You/your son/DIL may not care though.
Take a look at this for comparison in close to size and price.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/647148179/lavender-sapphire-round-ceylon-sapphire

It still may shift in different lighting, and of course look a different color IRL vs monitor. But you can see the difference betwwwn the two in a cut that is less shallow.

Just a comparison for you to think about.

Best wishes.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
At this price point we’re not worried about a report. He wants it ‘sparkly’ and I want him to get something without visible inclusions. He was going to go to a mall store where he probably wouldn’t even have the option to get a purple sapphire.

Thank you for the suggestion. What is the difference between the shallower vs deeper cut?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7504D530-AF77-454F-AB31-A3CCD98CDB36.jpeg I think it’s very pretty. Have a look at Ivy & Rose (Pricescope recommended vendor) at their lovely settings. This one is just $349 plus I think they charge a $65 setting fee, so that’s a very beautiful and sparkly ring for under $1,000.
If you stick with a regular shape / size ie 6mm round you can find lots of beautiful “stock” settings which are excellent value for money.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
7504D530-AF77-454F-AB31-A3CCD98CDB36.jpeg I think it’s very pretty. Have a look at Ivy & Rose (Pricescope recommended vendor) at their lovely settings. This one is just $349 plus I think they charge a $65 setting fee, so that’s a very beautiful and sparkly ring for under $1,000.
If you stick with a regular shape / size ie 6mm round you can find lots of beautiful “stock” settings which are excellent value for money.

Thank you! I personally love this setting. I know she likes side stones but I'm not sure how she feels about halos. My son is trying to be coy about this since she's not expecting a proposal so he's getting info little by little. He knows she likes white gold too.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivy & Rose have lots of beautiful settings including ones without halos. Personally I think nothing makes a colored gem “pop” like a halo and it makes the ring look definitely “engagement ring” in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results