shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this one ?

Eloan

Rough_Rock
I think the arrows are stranges... but it doesn't bother me, I'm not focus on a true heart and arrow, but something with a lot of shine, and lustrer is excellent.I think I like this one, even if the arrows are "tridents" :)
ASET show a lot of shine !!! Less contrast.

What do you think ...

Last edited:

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I think the arrows are stranges... but it doesn't bother me, I'm not focus on a true heart and arrow, but something with a lot of shine, and lustrer is excellent.I think I like this one, even if the arrows are "tridents" :)
ASET show a lot of shine !!! Less contrast.

What do you think ...

The Pavillion Angle at 41.2 is too steep and more than likely have light leakage I would pass on this one you can do better.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I think the patterning is a mess and there are green blotches under the table, but the ASET shows mostly red - lots and lots of red. I think the problem with this one is the lack of arrows and lack of contrast ... caused by those steep pavilion angles of 41.2. For a crown angle of 34.5, a complimentary pavillion angle will be around 40.8. Yes, you’re going to have a lot of bright light return, but I doubt it will have much fire or scintillation ... will probably look pretty boring ... but it won’t look dark. Next to zero pretty colour flashes off of the pavilion mains (arrows). I don’t know. I think you can do better ... this one will miss out one of the best aspects of how a diamond can look.

Are you bound to this vendor? If you’d like some help finding something, what is your budget?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should use the Holloway Cut Advisor (HCA) tool - it is found in the 'Tools' tab at the top of this page.

Enter a diamond's details and find the score.

A score less than 2.0 indicates a stone that has good potential :)

This diamond has a score of 3.2 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right.
Light Return: Very Good
Fire: Good
Scintillation: Good
Spread: Very Good

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,

For a trilogy, this one is in my budget for the central stone. I really want an "E" color.
The diamond caracteristics:
https://www.venusjewel.com/jasper/ddj?action=ZGRq&packet=NzUzMDAwNTk=&UserPreference=Uw==&val=MA==

The video :
https://d1s5m21q2l18ke.cloudfront.net/v360_mov/n2db3qfn19.HTML

58 (a little big)

the GIA : upload_2019-3-23_10-13-8.png

Using the forum search tool (at the top of the forum) there are two AGS000 stones that may be of interest - I think the E VVS2 could be just what you are looking for, so call WF and put it on hold ASAP if it suits!
https://www.pricescope.com/diamonds/search?vendor=-1&branded=None&inhouse=-1&shape=1&minprice=1&maxprice=1500&mincarat=0.4&maxcarat=0.49&mindepth=60&maxdepth=62.5&mintable=53&maxtable=58&mincut=1&maxcut=2&mincolor=1&maxcolor=3&minclarity=2&maxclarity=5&minsymmetry=1&maxsymmetry=2&minpolish=1&maxpolish=2&min_cut_gia=1&max_cut_gia=6&min_cut_ags=1&max_cut_ags=7&minflourescence=1&maxflourescence=6&checkbox_panel1=,02&checkbox_panel2=&sort=&page=1&pageview=24&adv=true&days=100&cert_number=

USD1383 = €1186
€1186 * 1.2 (import tax?) = €1423

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF and CBI don't have anything under about 0.3ct, but Brian Gavin Diamonds (BGD) has a really good selection from 0.2ct - check them out, as I think you'll find the side stones:
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/

It may be easier to order everything from BGD if you want to save hassle with importing and tax!

Eloan

Rough_Rock
Hello,

@OoohShiny The stone you proposed is perfect but I was in chat with BGD they shipped to France, but the packages are blocked in airport after. It will cost me 20% taxes (ok) + 500€ /600€ more for *shipping and tax arrangements* things.
I can't buy from whiteflash, same issue.

@kmoro : My budget is 3500€ VAT for a setting in platine trilogy, a central diamond around 0.40 and 2 laterals diamonds 0.20 ct. :)

The seller found me a D/IF 0.38ct in my budget too ... this time it''ok on HCA : 1.1
upload_2019-3-23_18-6-38.png
upload_2019-3-23_18-7-11.png

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

@OoohShiny The stone you proposed is perfect but I was in chat with BGD they shipped to France, but the packages are blocked in airport after. It will cost me 20% taxes (ok) + 500€ /600€ more for *shipping and tax arrangements* things.

@kmoro : My budget is 3500€ VAT for a setting in platine trilogy, a central diamond around 0.40 and 2 laterals diamonds 0.20 ct. :)

The seller found me a D/IF 0.38ct in my budget too ... this time it''ok on HCA : 1.1
upload_2019-3-23_18-6-38.png
upload_2019-3-23_18-7-11.png

The last stone you posted is called a 60/60 diamond. Nothing wrong with this type of diamond but most people on this site prefer something more balanced meaning equal white light return and fire. The last stone you posted will give you more white light return and less fire based on the numbers on the GIA report. This comes down to personal preference.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,

That is annoying :(

We have to pay 20% VAT on importing a diamond into Great Briitain but nothing more!

Eloan

Rough_Rock
That's why all the professionnels are not in France :D but in UK / IE or Belgium or Suisse :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results