shape
carat
color
clarity

Well that was an interesting weekend

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This weekend was one of those up and down weekends for me, decided to go to the neighbors and have a few drinks to get out of the house and have some girl time.

A little backstory, when we first became friends with these neighbors I got along really well with the wife but I found her to be a little clingy, she liked to drink and go out a lot which was fine but wasn't my thing so we didn't really hang much. Then once I got pregnant with our second son they pretty much went their own way and now we are friendly but we don't really go out together (we always have our kids).

So here we are drinking wine, doing some jello shots and just talking about random things. Couldn't even tell you how we got on this subject but she tells me that they swing with other couples, okay that's cool you know live and let live and all that. Truth be told though I was pretty intrigued because my DH and I are pretty conservative, vanilla, boring perhaps by todays standards. Then she tells me.............you ready for this?

She had wanted me to be a "friend" back when we first met, like was really digging me but backed off because she got the feeling that my DH would not go for that! She said she got the curious vibe from me but never made an official move because she didn't want to cause any problems with my marriage.

Holy smokes Batman talk about being totally floored, although it was kind of flattering truth be told, but yeah it was one of those holy crap moments. Even better, DH had a feeling that they were into the lifestyle and I completely brushed it off. So much for female intuition I guess.

So yeah, interesting weekend. Anyone else have a story from this weekend to tell or perhaps something fun to share?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's still trying to get at you. If she didn't want anything, she NEVER would have brought it up.

She was feeling you out to see what your reaction would be.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and you and your husband aren't boring or vanilla. You are in a traditional monogamous relationship...most people are. Don't let that person's relationship redefine your relationship in a negative light.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Housecat, I didn't even consider that.:eek-2:

Well she's going to have to find another interest because I have enough to worry about without adding more ingredients if you will.

ETA: Thank you for the reassurance on monogamy, I shouldn't have said boring but just making the point that we are rather conservative.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so socially awkward that I would never be able to look that woman in the eye again.

I’m also a little naive and sort of think swingers are only in the movies. :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been invited before lol. Politely declined. Every where I have lived, there have been rumors of a healthy swinging scene... seems popular in medical professional circles. Dh and I are happy and fine with our lives-- we don't need to spice anything up or try new things.

To each her own.... as long as everyone is a consenting adult, people should do what they want and agree with each other to do.... doesn't bother me.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well.....that WAS an interesting weekend, wasn't it?
I'm no prude, but like Puppmom said, I would not be comfortable around this woman ever again.:shock:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I hear you Puppmom and Stracci, somehow though I'm comfortable still around her. It didn't faze me as much that they are into this lifestyle or even that they considered me but more that my husband was so spot on. :twisted2:

If she was aggressive or persistent about it then that would be one thing but they have other friends to play with so I'm not really concerned.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am with you @StephanieLynn and unless she were real aggressive it would probably not bother me either.

We have an actual swinger's club about 4 properties down the road from us, they have a website and everything. It was a running joke with my coworkers if DH and I attended parties there. It would not be so bad if they hadn't put up a godawful white metal privacy fence so no one can see whose cars are parked there. I wish they had put up something nicer because it looks like a fence surrounding a junk yard. Their sign is discreet and unless you know what it stands for then you would never know what it is. What other people do with their time is none of my business though.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg Pinto Love you so much girl! You know what's sad is I would swing for 3 carats haha cheap date I am.

Redwood what is up with the cheap fence deal? You would think a nice fence to set the mood and give an upscale impression. Maybe the inside is super nice and they had to skimp on the fence. I am so sheltered I didn't even know such clubs existed o_O

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm..hellooooo...it's a swingers ranch! Not some hoity toity place...like a swingers Trump tower!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah well there seems to be a need for an upscale swingers club and I need a job next year when my youngest starts school so......

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a very funny lady. The problem is..you will never get any work done because apparently all of the ladies will be making you the object of their affections! :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stracci and Housecat :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a very funny lady. The problem is..you will never get any work done because apparently all of the ladies will be making you the object of their affections! :bigsmile:
Yeah, you're pretty hot. We all saw your high school photo!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Around here, supposedly if you have a garden frog statue it means you are a swinger house (we have heard they rotate houses).

:mrgreen2::P2

I have a duck statue in my garden... wonder what that means :lol-2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm..hellooooo...it's a swingers ranch! Not some hoity toity place...like a swingers Trump tower!!!

Swinger camp, not ranch lol

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard if you have white landscape rocks or pink and purple decor in the front yard that's a sign. Uh oh, maybe that's where I went wrong!! I think you are safe with the duck Whitewave, just don't put pink or purple on it! :lol-2:

Omg this thread is too funny and thanks for the compliment on the high school pic Stracci!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Around here, supposedly if you have a garden frog statue it means you are a swinger house (we have heard they rotate houses).

:mrgreen2::P2

I have a duck statue in my garden... wonder what that means :lol-2:
Omg I have friends who are obsessed with their garden gnome and are swinger-ish. I wonder if that's the magic statue here!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! I have a garden gnome too :eek-2:

Maybe I will give him to my neighbor!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This thread :lol:

We're wrapping up our front yard landscaping right now, so I'll be sure to avoid white rocks, pink and purple decor, and statuettes :lol-2:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I've heard black rings on right hand and also pineapple door knockers.
We had neighbors 30 years ago who were into it and the wife tried to hint around with me. I ignored it and was not real interested in socializing with them---they were into drinking like frat boys.
And yes they were medical professionals.
I think folks that are into this, much like those who have affairs, somehow sniff like people out. Like a radar.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok this is hilarious because it actually has ranch in the name. :lol: I have no idea what it looks like on the inside. :oops:

Now the original place was further from us on the same road but it burned down. (WTH happened there I wonder?) So when they bought the new place closer to us I freaked out. The fence is metal and bright white so it could be worse I guess.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard black rings on right hand and also pineapple door knockers.

Most of the people in Hawaii are apparently swingers then -- who knew?! (And here I thought they were just decorating their doors... :cheeky: )

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I have friends who are obsessed with their garden gnome and are swinger-ish. I wonder if that's the magic statue here!!!
How can someone be swinger-ish? Isn't it like being pregnant? LOL

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Irish mom had a saying "Hells bells and little fishies!" don't know it is one she made up or it means something but if she was shocked beyond then she said that!

Stephanie, RUN RUN, swinging? sh-- that is so 70s. My husband is the best in my life, MY WHOLE besti if you get my drift and while I'm no prude, I'm no crazy ass-- nutcase either and 'swinging' with the neighbor is just a big FAT NO. No. No. Your neighbors should swing out the door and find somebody who makes them 'swing' as I did and move on. Christ WTF is wrong with people today.

I have never encountered this situation, BUT I was hit upon by a wife when I was married to my first husband. She came flying at me.. Crazy times. I ducked btw. When word went around my building at IBM in 85 that I was on the market you wouldn't BELIEVE the stuff that came thru my office.. married guys single guys, weird time.

quite and intereresting encounter StephanieL.. when you think you have experienced it all some crazy neighbor comes across your door.

Peace :)

Last edited:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
And I just realized that the nurse who worked with us yesterday (DH had knee surgery) had a black ring on her right hand-lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results