shape
carat
color
clarity

Very thin to thin girdle?

SillyMonkee

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at a diamond whose girdle is Very Thin to Thin, per the GIA. Could I use a four prong setting a la the X-Prong Trellis Solitaire from Whitefish (pictured), or would I just about have to bezel it?

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 8.30.02 PM.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As the OP didn’t state the diamond if it’s an OEC or MRB, mind if I ask if the same applies to OEC as the ones I’ve seen tends to have thin girdles
very thin anything in 4 prongs is not a great idea.
Since the OP seems to have a connection with a 4 prong setting it makes sense to buy a stone that could be used in it.
Rather than settle on a v-thin-thin and have to go with a different setting get a stone that can go in the setting..
I may be reading to much into how it was asked however.

SillyMonkee

Rough_Rock
Thank you Karl! Full situation: It's a transitional that I'm eyeing for an upgrade, but this diamond would blow the immediate budget and I was looking at the x-prong trellis setting as a temporary setting before ultimately going custom - but my custom inspiration is ALSO 4-pronged (although with an airline bezel), so (1) clearly I have a type and (2) that type is incompatible with this diamond. Fortunately it's an upgrade and not a proposal ring so I have plenty of time to keep looking for the right stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results