shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors who have larger diamond inventories?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

What vendors post “giant” diamond inventories? I’m looking to browse without annoying anyone or feeling the pressure to purchase every single item I inquire about. I don’t feel comfortable sending private messages on Instagram repeatedly just to ask for price or stats, and prefer website browsing over leaving the house and dealing with humans.

I follow Grace from JBG, Sam from Ice Rock.. and that’s pretty much all I know where to spot big diamonds.

I’m looking for the 6-7ct range, and am seeking either an emerald cut (vintage or modern) or an antique oval cut.

I’m in no rush as this will be something to celebrate for 2021. Just soft searching, getting a gauge on prices and knowing what I like/don’t like. This will likely be my only “upgrade” so I want to do it right.

Photo of my current ring posing next to my current excitement, a pink pinstripe calathea.
42D28F77-6F1E-45EE-8478-DADC5FD6076E.jpeg

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

What vendors post “giant” diamond inventories? I’m looking to browse without annoying anyone or feeling the pressure to purchase every single item I inquire about. I don’t feel comfortable sending private messages on Instagram repeatedly just to ask for price or stats, and prefer website browsing over leaving the house and dealing with humans.

I follow Grace from JBG, Sam from Ice Rock.. and that’s pretty much all I know where to spot big diamonds.

I’m looking for the 6-7ct range, and am seeking either an emerald cut (vintage or modern) or an antique oval cut.

I’m in no rush as this will be something to celebrate for 2021. Just soft searching, getting a gauge on prices and knowing what I like/don’t like. This will likely be my only “upgrade” so I want to do it right.

Photo of my current ring posing next to my current excitement, a pink pinstripe calathea.
42D28F77-6F1E-45EE-8478-DADC5FD6076E.jpeg

Nice plant and ring! Brian Gavin has a few listed in virtual inventory. https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/5.920-f-vs1-emerald-diamond-gia-1196136351

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not many vendors online, and maybe not many vendors period, are going to have extensive inventory of diamonds of that size. I would use the pricescope diamond search to see where they are.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not many vendors online, and maybe not many vendors period, are going to have extensive inventory of diamonds of that size. I would use the pricescope diamond search to see where they are.

I just hate contacting people. Conversations makes me anxious, and I hate that I feel obligated to respond immediately, to engage in chit chat, and I don’t want them to feel like I’m wasting their time when I just want to soft search.

You know?

Like I wouldn’t know what a good 1ct RB is until I look through hundreds.

Don’t have the opportunity with the big ones though :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, D&T. I’ll follow them. I also notice they don’t post stats and price like how Grace does on her website. I swear I feel like I only learn from her, from Park Fine, and very few others.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some of these vendors have “trade” pricing and I know what you mean I’ve asked a few times because know what I think I want in the next few years but every now and then I ask on pricing but yeah your right though it’s a bit exhausting engaging in chit chat when really all you want to know is price...
One vendor I’ve asked (can’t remember) but didn’t get back I think they cater to more “movie stars” so maybe if you have to ask how much you obviously can’t afford it lol... but if I find them on my IG I’ll post it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a reason you’re mostly listing Instagram vendors rather than places like Blue Nile, James Allen, and large antique stores (Langs, for instance, could be a place a large antique oval might come through)? It seems like you’re making it harder on yourself if you’re following fairly small outfits rather than big ones.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also just my 2c but any vendor who sells large diamonds understands that this is a big purchase and has dealt with customers who are waiting for that right stone to come along, it can take a long time. Best way to approach this is with honesty, just tell them that you are soft browsing right to find the right vendor to work with who can get in what you are looking for. Tell then that you are a low pressure kinda person and prefer to have a more relaxed shopping experience with this. I did that when we bought our investment property and found the right agent to help, I told her that this could take up to a year and she was on board!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you want an antique oval or emerald, talk to Adam at Old World Diamonds. He can source options even if he doesn't have them now. He's excellent to work with.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not opposed to searching on websites or IG. I don’t care where. I just want to soft search, or window shop to learn. If something truly truly piques my interest, then I can start dialogue.

I don’t want direct interaction because it’s too stressful for me.

I cannot educate myself on the process if no one is being transparent.

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried Stephanie Gottlieb? Have a look at her Instagram, seems to have lots of what you’re looking for.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not opposed to searching on websites or IG. I don’t care where. I just want to soft search, or window shop to learn. If something truly truly piques my interest, then I can start dialogue.

I don’t want direct interaction because it’s too stressful for me.

I cannot educate myself on the process if no one is being transparent.

I agree, I hate that many that post on IG do not post the price and want you to DM. Sometimes I just want to window shop, if something clicks with my wants/needs/budget, then I will take the next step. I feel like I am wasting both of our time having to go back and forth for more info.

I follow a few vendors that sell Emeralds and it has been on my wishlist for sometime. I find it very frustrating the lack of info available on pricing/specs without inquiry and actually had a vendor stop replying because I didn't purchase a stone that I inquired about.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@madelise have you checked out Jogani Beverly Hills?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried Stephanie Gottlieb? Have a look at her Instagram, seems to have lots of what you’re looking for.

She also doesn’t post stats nor prices.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I hate that many that post on IG do not post the price and want you to DM. Sometimes I just want to window shop, if something clicks with my wants/needs/budget, then I will take the next step. I feel like I am wasting both of our time having to go back and forth for more info.

I follow a few vendors that sell Emeralds and it has been on my wishlist for sometime. I find it very frustrating the lack of info available on pricing/specs without inquiry and actually had a vendor stop replying because I didn't purchase a stone that I inquired about.

Yeah. It’s just such a waste of everyone’s time. Yet they do it bc they want to lure you into a convo. I don’t want that. I don’t want to talk. I just want to shop.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm I’ve seen her post stats many times.

Really? I have been following for years. I see prices on stagnant pieces of jewelry she can duplicate (eg a band or a bracelet) but not on specific large diamonds.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So an interesting turn of events, I’m now not only soft searching for myself but active shopping for someone else. I guess I’ll actually have to talk to people? Maybe I should preface every interaction with “I have anxiety about feeling pressured to communicate with multiple vendors all at the same time, please be concise and short with me.”

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So an interesting turn of events, I’m now not only soft searching for myself but active shopping for someone else. I guess I’ll actually have to talk to people? Maybe I should preface every interaction with “I have anxiety about feeling pressured to communicate with multiple vendors all at the same time, please be concise and short with me.”

Yes do this and any vendor who doesn’t understand anxiety is just not someone you should work with. It’s that simple. Finding the right stone is what people focus on but finding the right vendor is just as important

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results