shape
carat
color
clarity

VC 3 row pave setting

shopaholic999

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking for awhile and did a bunch of research on the site... I have a 2.5ct round diamond that I'm looking to set and really love the 3 row pave setting by VC (but with no stones on the basket)... but also know it's one of the more high maintenance / impractical setting :(2 I enjoy wearing rings on their own except when I stack my eternity bands, so I will not be wearing this ring with another band. Is it crazy to go with this setting? I was originally going go with something simple like a 1 row pave, but after I tried on a bunch of rings, the only one that excited me is the 3 row pave, so I'm super torn!! For background, I do own other settings like halo and multi-stone with plain band. I am so worried that I'm going to regret the purchase :cry2: VC said they rarely have clients send rings back for repair due to inadvertent damage. I also did read about Acinom and luv2sparkle's post not too long ago. I need some encouragement lol...or maybe more warning..

VC pave.PNG VC pave2.PNG

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you never stack rings directly, then it's fine. If you want to stack, you will need a spacer band.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say follow your heart/eyes on this one. It's important that buyers understand the potential issues with these types of settings (stones being damaged, no stacking). But if you know it's what you like and won't be surprised about these things then I think you should do it! And it doesn't hurt that the setting is just freaking amazing in every way :)

shopaholic999

Rough_Rock
Thank you both! It makes me nervous that I don't see much of this setting on PS... clearly not so popular. If someone has a similar setting, would love to hear your experience!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loooove this setting. The 3 sided pave in a round shank is stunning. If you are not planning to stack this ring, you will not have any issues with it.
If you love it, go for it

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT! It's a beautiful look and if you're not stacking and are aware that you'll have to baby it... why not? I have a dear friend that has 3 row pave on her e-ring and wedding band (not VC quality) and she hasn't had any issues. she babies them though because she knows they are delicate.

LexiTheDoxi

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m here to encourage from personal experience. I have that Gabriella 3 sided pave setting from Victor (without the diamonds on the basket) and it’s been 6 years now. No issues with the pave whatsoever. I don’t stack my ring though and I don’t wear it around the house, so that might contribute to it still looking brand new after all these years. Still love it and get compliments on it all the time. Even jewelers have complimented and when examined with a loupe they have been in awe of the craftsmanship.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I’m here to encourage from personal experience. I have that Gabriella 3 sided pave setting from Victor (without the diamonds on the basket) and it’s been 6 years now. No issues with the pave whatsoever. I don’t stack my ring though and I don’t wear it around the house, so that might contribute to it still looking brand new after all these years. Still love it and get compliments on it all the time. Even jewelers have complimented and when examined with a loupe they have been in awe of the craftsmanship.
Could you post a photo of your ring? I bet the OP (and many others) would love to see it

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jocelyn muliti row in red gold:
A70E52A7-C6D2-458F-9944-F8744BABED86.jpeg

shopaholic999

Rough_Rock
OMG they are all gorgeous! Thank you so much referencing these Acinom (I don't know why I couldn't the Jocelyn thread when I searched lol). I really considered the Jocelyn too, the biggest difference is the "donut" part. I think both designs are structurally sound but my husband likes the one with the donut.

Last edited:

shopaholic999

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much LexiTheDoxi. Wow 6 years!! I am so relieved. I shall follow the same rules with no stacking and not wearing it around the house to keep it in good shape! So cool that you decided not to have diamonds on the basket as well! I kept going back and forth on it but think the lines with flow more "fluid" without stones on prongs (also more structurally sound) :love:

iwantadiamond

Rough_Rock
This is good to know, my fiance just purchased the Gabriella multi row pave setting for me and I was a little nervous. I will try to be very delicate with it. But this is reassuring!

shopaholic999

Rough_Rock
This is good to know, my fiance just purchased the Gabriella multi row pave setting for me and I was a little nervous. I will try to be very delicate with it. But this is reassuring!

I have been wearing my ring since mar, no issues so far after almost 9 months. I take it off when I get home and don't do any heavy duty work with it but other than that, I don't really take special care of it and setting is like new. Love my ring and no regrets on the setting! :kiss2:

porchelady

Rough_Rock
I have been wearing my ring since mar, no issues so far after almost 9 months. I take it off when I get home and don't do any heavy duty work with it but other than that, I don't really take special care of it and setting is like new. Love my ring and no regrets on the setting! :kiss2:

How is your ring now?, I’m considering this setting and have the same concerns. I’d appreciate your opinion since you’ve had it for a while. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results