shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading for size & cut

dar7

Rough_Rock
Help, this is a big purchase so I need advice on if this stone will be brilliant. GIA certified, triple excellent, 57% table, 60.9 depth, 33.5, 41. It’s a G color eye clean SI2 and has GEMEX certification with very high rating in all areas. Happy to provide GIA cert # but want opinions. I need this purchase to be worth it & need my heart to dance each time I look at my finger. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 3D989863-3387-4550-8F87-7EB60D715FE6.png
    3D989863-3387-4550-8F87-7EB60D715FE6.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 27

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have videos or images? What is the ct size? I worry about an SI2 in terms of whether it's cloudy or has other transparency issues. Of course there are "unicorns" out there, but there are also a lot of crappy SI2s.

dar7

Rough_Rock
do you have videos or images? What is the ct size? I worry about an SI2 in terms of whether it's cloudy or has other transparency issues. Of course there are "unicorns" out there, but there are also a lot of crappy SI2s.
Yes, On blue Nile website it’s stock #LD11473329

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm worried about how it will look in person. What is your budget? I think you could potentially find something better. I think light return won't be as good as with a higher clarity stone.

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
Maybe because the stones are super zoomed, but with the bluenile images, I can always see the inclusions in the stones VS1 and below, and am always worried about it actually looking clean.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you are shopping at a vendor that does not have the diamond you want in house make sure you inquire whether any diamonds you are looking at (even up to VS1 clarity) are hazy and if the tint on the diamond is brown (instead of yellow). These are not disclosed on lab reports. And depending on the vendor just asking if a diamond is eyeclean may not reveal if the diamond is also hazy. Shop carefully. Your vendor selection is as important as your diamond selection.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Your vendor selection is as important as your diamond selection.

Just a note: There are some true "drop-shippers" out there, meaning the diamond is sent directly from the wholesaler to the purchaser, with the drop-shipping company simply acting as facilitators. Other "internet-based" companies will have the diamond sent to THEM first so they can inspect the diamond with their own gemologists and make sure the diamond was represented correctly online. This adds a layer of quality control many people find useful.

As Layla said - do your research on the vendors as well as the diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results