shape
carat
color
clarity

Uncomfortable with needle/feather near girdle - vs1

Countvonmee

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
Would like to ask for the opinion of the experts here. I just placed a deposit on a vs1 diamond, but feeling comfortable about the 7 o'clock needle or feather (looks more like a needle though) that is running parallel to the circumference of crown... too ma

1. Will it pose a durability issue in the future given that it is so close to the girdle? does it also run through the crown and into the pavilion since there is a needle at the 5 o'clock pavilion plotting chart?
2. I suppose the feather is then then small red curves at the 10 o'clock pavilion?

Capture.PNG

Thanks guys =)2

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe any inclusions in a VS1 grade would cause a structural risk.

SI is where some inclusions might cause a risk.

Who graded the diamond? AGS? GIA?

If it is from one of the PS-recommended vendors, and is graded by either of the above, you should have zero issues.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe any inclusions in a VS1 grade would cause a structural risk.

SI is where some inclusions might cause a risk.

Who graded the diamond? AGS? GIA?

If it is from one of the PS-recommended vendors, and is graded by either of the above, you should have zero issues.

Agreed. You can be very confident that inclusions in a VS1 won't cause any structural problems.

Countvonmee

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys , its a gia vs1

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys , its a gia vs1
Have you run the angles through the HCA tool in the Tools tab at the top of the forum, to make sure that the angles work well with each other?

You are looking for scores under 2 - that should ensure the crown and pavilion angles work together, although there are still PS-recommended upper and lower limits for each :)

If you have it on hold, post a link to it if you are happy to do so!

Countvonmee

Rough_Rock
Screenshot_20181024-081805__01.jpg

The hca is 1.4 , should be one that's fine right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results