shape
carat
color
clarity

Too Big?

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you ever fallen in LOVE with a ring that you just HAD to have even though it's bigger than anything you've ever owned or something you wouldn't typically wear? It just spoke to you and you had to have it regardless of your reservations about it's size? Well.. I did just that.. I don't have it yet, but here she is.. 20170620_103619.png

20170620_103526.png

20170620_103442.png

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow :love: that's beautiful! What is it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too big! It's perfect!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. Post a photo on your hand when you receive it and we will let you know what we think but right now I don't think it is too big at all. It looks amazing on the model's hand and it is a gorgeous ring. Big is IN when it comes to bling and diamonds IMO.:love::love::love:

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
I lied. Just got the email that it shipped. It'll be here tomorrow!

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Is it typical for cushions to have such a large window in the middle, or is it just not a great cut?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it typical for cushions to have such a large window in the middle, or is it just not a great cut?

The letter.

... or, perhaps the cutter tried to make this more convincing - synthetic stones in old rings are sometimes cut flat thus windowed worse than that; it seems to have been a feature, not a bug.

Last edited:

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info. Even with the window I still think it's beautiful. But it definetly could have been intentional as it is a vintage-esque ring.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful. And it has a dainty quality (probably because of the vintage setting) despite the finger coverage. I hope you get a lot of wear out of it.

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014 i think its the scalloped halo that gives it that quality. Because yes, it's definetly wide lol

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
a-freaking-mazing.. that's all I have to say. Congratulations!

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. It'll be here by noon. I'm excited to see it. Just HOPE it doesn't look ridiculously big tok wear

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That colour !

... does not help that it has been on my mind for days now: first blue-green jade was mentioned, then, paraiba & demantoid together, then some Afghan tourmaline - all reminding a Jade Vine - its startling flowers just that shade of yours. Too uncommon ...

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
It's soooooo much bigger than anything I've ever worn. If I keep it, it'll definetly take some getting used to. I'm in love with it over all.. the rose gold, the scalloped halo, THAT STONE COLOR.. although I'm really curious how it woulda looked if the halo was rose gold also.. like I said.. It's just the SIZE that gets me lol. If I don't keep it I may have to have one made smaller

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
It would be PERFECT if it was an elongated cushion. I think this square makes my finger look fatter than it already is lol

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Lol. I know it's big haha but the question still...is it TOO big? Does it look silly/gaudy etc. I'm trying to see if it's JUST me because the SIZE is just foreign to me. Maybe it won't look too big after a bit lol. It doesn't FEEL too big/heavy, just looks it to me lol

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks perfect :)

Maybe not suitable for a job interview where you are trying to be understated :lol: but you should rock that baby with confidence :)

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks perfect :)

Maybe not suitable for a job interview where you are trying to be understated :lol: but you should rock that baby with confidence :)
Hahaa I'm a SAHM.. So no issue there lol. I'm definetly getting more used to it as I wear it. My replacement wedding set is currently too small for my sausage fingers.. So I've been wearing this around the house today to see how it feels.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks amazing! It's large, but the stone is a beautiful colour and the setting looks like it sits fairly low to your finger. Are you used to wearing diamond rather than a coloured stone if you're worried about size? I'm happier wearing larger coloured stones than I think I'd be wearing a diamond of the same size. Although I'm always happy to borrow some of the sizeable diamond beauties shown on here to test my limits! I'd definitely keep it if I were you!

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
My original Ering is a 1.25ct transitional diamond. I put that away after my daughter was born to keep it safed for her. I replaced it with an inexpensive sapphire. So I'm used to diamonds and colored stones.. Just not of this size lol. But it's definetly growing on me.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the colours coming out of that centre stone and the halo is delicate and frames it well.
It is a hell of a look - is it every day or special occasion? If it sits low enough and you're not worried about knocking it, moissy is hard and the halo will help protect it.
That colour too... ridiculously pretty :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results