shape
carat
color
clarity

Toi Et moi cad feedback

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am horrifically bad at reading CADS, but just wanted to say I love the idea for this ring and think it's going to be amazing!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also bad with CADS... is that RG and YG? Thats the only thing that gives me some concern.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. I’m doing the pad in rose gold and the tsav in 18k gold. With white gold shank

The rose gold will have a satin finish to look more like flower petals. And the shank will be hammered to look like ripples in water to keep with the lotus theme.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Maybe narrow out the band a bit as it comes to the stones? Just a little.
Gonna be very pretty and original.

S

SparkliesLuver

I assume the stones are up as high as they are due to their depth? I'd also narrow the band a bit. What's it measure now? For some reason I'm slightly struggling with how the band abruptly turns into/connects with the stones. Maybe just a narrowing there will be enough. Also, what's the underside of the stones? Are they open?

Love the originality! :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring. Is the tsav going to point to the 4 o'clock position as it does in the pic with the stones on your fingers? I think that is perfect. If it points to 5 o"clock, it might look funky. This is just my very very humble opinion as I am a kindergartner when it comes to evaluating cads.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you address the thickness concerns. I believe CADs often look bulkier than finished product so I think the ring will be narrower after casting and polishing.

And yes. Open at the bottom for easy cleaning cause I’m ocd about my gems!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring. Is the tsav going to point to the 4 o'clock position as it does in the pic with the stones on your fingers? I think that is perfect. If it points to 5 o"clock, it might look funky. This is just my very very humble opinion as I am a kindergartner when it comes to evaluating cads.

Yup. Believes so!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup. Believes so!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a more expensive custom setting than I usually do since it’s 3 types of metal and more pieces and stones to set with varying textures. But both stones are stunning and special and lotuses are my favorite flower!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m useless with cads, but just wanted to say that this is so unique and interesting! I love the lotus shape around the pad and the tsav is such a cool shape. I can’t wait to see it IRL!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m useless with cads, but just wanted to say that this is so unique and interesting! I love the lotus shape around the pad and the tsav is such a cool shape. I can’t wait to see it IRL!

Thanks!
I’ve always loved lotuses. One of my first big purchases in bling was a pad sapphire.

I even have lotus bookmarks.
CFE0E380-1C7C-4C76-A2D5-1AF37EC6BBAA.jpeg

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
This is so cool! I agree with others that maybe a slightly thinner shank would help keep the attention on the beautiful stones, but as you said, finished rings tend to look much lighter than the original CAD.

I don't know if your vender does this, but if you are really committed to the lotus imagery, would you consider green gold for the tsav? It would be like a modern interpretation of the old victorian mixed-metal flower rings. :)

From a visual standpoint, bringing the two stones a bit closer together vertically may better consolidate the flower image.

But no matter what you do, a super cool ring!

14549993_354370834900688_354533379732930560_n.jpg

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the concept is really cool and unique, and I think this could end up being a stunning ring. But my first thought was that the tsav is too large when paired with the pad. In my opinion, the tsav dwarfs the pad and the entire ring doesn't read "flower" and "leaf" to me. I know that lotus leaves are fairly large, but artistic license tells me that a smaller "leaf" would help the pad read "flower" better than it looks right now (to me, anyway). I'm also a little prejudiced because I ADORE your pad (not sure if you remember, but I mentioned on your other thread that I almost bought this pad, but decided against it because I already had one). I feel as though the pad should be a little more "Star of the Show", I guess because I love it so much! Maybe a little more flower-y curves/wider metal around the pad? Kind of like a metal halo that would balance out the proportions a little more.

My humble opinion, only... Please disregard my comments, if I'm just not getting your vision.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me, I’d like the two sides 1mm closer to each other.
I just feel the gap is fractionally too large.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the concept is really cool and unique, and I think this could end up being a stunning ring. But my first thought was that the tsav is too large when paired with the pad. In my opinion, the tsav dwarfs the pad and the entire ring doesn't read "flower" and "leaf" to me. I know that lotus leaves are fairly large, but artistic license tells me that a smaller "leaf" would help the pad read "flower" better than it looks right now (to me, anyway). I'm also a little prejudiced because I ADORE your pad (not sure if you remember, but I mentioned on your other thread that I almost bought this pad, but decided against it because I already had one). I feel as though the pad should be a little more "Star of the Show", I guess because I love it so much! Maybe a little more flower-y curves/wider metal around the pad? Kind of like a metal halo that would balance out the proportions a little more.

My humble opinion, only... Please disregard my comments, if I'm just not getting your vision.

Lol no worries. I’m not offended by opinions as long as folk aren’t offended if I choose to go my own way.

For me the star is as much the tsav as the pad. I love love love green garnets and this ones a stunner. So I don’t mind if the pad isn’t the “star”

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me, I’d like the two sides 1mm closer to each other.
I just feel the gap is fractionally too large.

Yeah I mentioned that to my jeweler too. I think we will end up having to tinker a bit with the “fit” when I can try it on my finger.

I have this ring which I love and used as reference for spacing.

15360F7B-F6F5-4579-9F30-09A47D99112C.jpeg

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol no worries. I’m not offended by opinions as long as folk aren’t offended if I choose to go my own way.

For me the star is as much the tsav as the pad. I love love love green garnets and this ones a stunner. So I don’t mind if the pad isn’t the “star”
Well, with two gorgeous stones like these, you're going to end up with a spectacular ring, no matter what. Because you're going for abstract lotus flower, the colors are spot on, obviously. I guess I just wasn't sure what level of abstract you're aiming for. It looks very abstract to me, which may be exactly what you intended. My comments really only apply if you were aiming for something less abstract than what I'm seeing. Actually, if the term "lotus flower" was never mentioned, I'd probably look at the ring and say "Wow, what a cool ring!" and not think twice. It will be gorgeous, I'm sure!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one you just posted in terms of the spacing between the stones. I agree with others that the "gap" between stones on this one looks a little too big.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha yeah I wanted something modernist and abstract. My style is typically minimalist and bezel oriented. I find realistic flower jewelry a bit too feminine for me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would prefer a narrower gap between the two stones.

Great pairing of colours though and I like the design.

Looking forward to see the finished ring.

DK :))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would prefer a narrower gap between the two stones.

Great pairing of colours though and I like the design.

Looking forward to see the finished ring.

DK :))
Thanks guys. I sent along that feedback !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love it, what’s your ring size again MTG? :kiss2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently the shank will be about 2mm :). And she confirmed the bezels are as shallow as can be made while covering the belly of the stones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She gave the go ahead for casting. She said she’ll start assembling in 2 weeks when she gets back from a trip. Now is the long torturous waiting part.
Hate this part. :( going to try hard not to impulse buy anything while I wait.
Well. Not buy anything Else.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
squee! Just went to my jeweler to drop off Hazel and got to try on the post cast semi done ring. The stones aren’t set and the ring isn’t polished or hammered yet but it’s looking gorgeous and just as I imagined! So much more delicate than the cad. And no big gap between the stones.
Hoping it’ll only be 2 more weeks until done! Ahhhh. Waiting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results