color
clarity

Thoughts on this project?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
im soo glad I have found this community because “no one else understands!”

Ok- original plan was to get a 2 carat Asscher and make this ring

833EEE2E-5D90-445F-9384-B539CC028BBD.jpeg

Problem = I don’t love how many men’s rings are big and clunky. Plan “b” was to put a 2 carat asscher in a tension style ring but my round diamond is already set like that and it is (I think) too similar. My ring is below

E4903B70-F1F4-452F-A492-1DF6B03B1A57.png
887AA7EE-8137-4EE9-828F-17CEF2E494AB.jpeg

New idea-

I never thought I would like rose gold, but I came across this photo on google (if it is someone’s here, I would love to give credit!) and love the way the emerald (or any step cut) looks in rose gold. My idea is to make a ring similar with a Asscher in the middle and one emerald cut on each side of the asscher.

Any input on this? Good idea, bad idea? Put a small space between them? Maybe asscher flush set and the emeralds top to bottom like below?

Sorry if I’m driving anyone crazy!!

C728BB9E-FD61-410E-8290-6DCC245E0233.jpeg

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Fun project!

And those gorgeous rose gold rings belong to @kevnick80 and SO :)

Thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-and-yellow-diamond-engagement-rings.187534/

I am not sure I totally understand what you are trying to describe with the ECs and asscher. BUT if you do include all three, I would definitely put some kind of small gap between them, especially since asschers and ECs are so superficially similar. Is the asscher shorter than the ECs?

Best of luck with the project!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @elliefire99. I’m sitting here laughing because @kevnick80 and I are friends on Instagram and about 20 mins ago I had sent him the exact photo without having any idea they were HIS rings!

But yes. Asscher shorter with emerald in each side! 3 shimmering step cuts.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The rose gold rings with the Asscher diamond looks just perfect I do not think adding diamonds to it will make it look better

Reactions: AV_

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That round tension ring is amazing!

Just tossing out another idea. You could have the asscher bezel set just slightly above the band then have the emeralds on either side flush set just outside
the bezel. I think if rose gold goes nicely with your skin then go for it.

Picture something like this but the side emeralds would be flush into the band (and the band would be the width of the emeralds). The bezeled asscher
could ever so slightly be above the emeralds. Not as built up as this bezel.
http://www.customjewellery.co.nz/th...ald_cut_three_stone_bezel_set_engagement_ring

Here is a single emerald bezel set (E/W)...just trying to show you what a slightly raised bezel looks like.
http://weddbook.com/media/2584613/6...ry-mens-anniversary-rings-wedding-rings-bands

Also came across this in my searching. If you do a bezel around the asscher I would make it lower and softer. Just a nice little frame.
3 stone bezel.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
If you go rose gold, you could consider going lower in color for your Asscher...

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your imput. I love what happens when all the creative minds start going.

@tyty333 this idea has my brain percolating. I do love an asscher in a bezel because it really highlights the cut corners.

@Stephan I agree, my only concern is that what the time comes that I want to change it up (and that time always seems to come) I would want to stay with a higher color so I’m not limited to just rose gold!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Something in WG with German Finish (Sholdt) could look great!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
What a great project!!
I vote for using the asscher only! I think it'll look stunning in a thick rose gold ring....mmmm!

Durham Rose

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi @menlovediamondstoo

You have certainly reached out to the right forum as we definitely share your love for jewellery.

The design in which you are considering sounds fantastic and would definitely be a show stopper.

I agree and think step cut diamonds look great housed in rose gold. With regards to the tension setting, however, I would create more of a bezel/half bezel setting so you have plenty of metal protecting your stone. Although tension settings look great they can put the security of your stone in jeopardy depending on the design, the skill of the setter and your personal wear habits.

I would have also commented that whilst searching for the perfect stone for your centrepiece to consider a stone ever so slightly warmer in colour as a whiter stone would drink up the surrounding rose metal colour making say a D-F colour redundant.
However following your recent comment, having a higher coloured diamond makes the stone more versatile for future use if your preference lies within whiter shades.

I hope this has been helpful and I will look forward to seeing the design you decide on.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Hi @menlovediamondstoo

You have certainly reached out to the right forum as we definitely share your love for jewellery.

The design in which you are considering sounds fantastic and would definitely be a show stopper.

I agree and think step cut diamonds look great housed in rose gold. With regards to the tension setting, however, I would create more of a bezel/half bezel setting so you have plenty of metal protecting your stone. Although tension settings look great they can put the security of your stone in jeopardy depending on the design, the skill of the setter and your personal wear habits.

I would have also commented that whilst searching for the perfect stone for your centrepiece to consider a stone ever so slightly warmer in colour as a whiter stone would drink up the surrounding rose metal colour making say a D-F colour redundant.
However following your recent comment, having a higher coloured diamond makes the stone more versatile for future use if your preference lies within whiter shades.

I hope this has been helpful and I will look forward to seeing the design you decide on.

Thank you kindly! I haven’t posted anything further because I have done a full 360 back to a two carat. I’m just trying to think of a way that I can have a thin(ish) band and still keep it masculine. My tension set round is a 2 carat stone, but for its mm, it’s looks small in the tension setting. I think it’s because a small part of the stone is pushed inside the metal. It does hang out a bit on each episode edge but thankfully I have never knocked it into anything!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I’m backkkk! Almost ready to make my final decision and would love if anyone has ideas.

Option one- get the best cut 1.5 carat asscher I can find and set it flush in a rose gold band like the rings above.

Option 2- does anyone have any design ideas on how I can set a 2 carat+ asscher without it being a hunky big chuck of metal men’s ring and still look masculine?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I
This ring has an octogonal head, it's set with a round here but this kind of style could fit an Asscher.

I actually have that photo saved for when I’m ready to re set my round! Lol it’s only been 3 months and I promised the jeweler I would wait a year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results