shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond?

Nooby123

Rough_Rock
Looking for a round 1.2 diamond and I’ve found this, looking for it to be eye clean, what’s your thoughts guys?

Nooby123

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy.

Here is the cert

Many thanks

Untitled.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good. What's the price and can you get ASET/IS to confirm performance?

Also, is D/vs1 culturally necessary? If no, you can save $ or get s bigger stone by dropping to E/F color and VS2 or eye clean SI1

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I don’t care for med blue fluorescence in a D color. I would stick with faint or none for a colorless stone.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t care for med blue fluorescence in a D color. I would stick with faint or none for a colorless stone.
That is personal preference, though ;-) :tongue: but I would agree that the wider market penalises colourless stones with fluor (even though there's no real reason for it)!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That is personal preference, though ;-) :tongue: but I would agree that the wider market penalises colourless stones with fluor (even though there's no real reason for it)!
I know the study said "in only rare cases" is there an issue, but my luck I'd be one of the rare cases lol! Irregardless, if you are paying for D, you might as well be assured you won't have an issue in that realm If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the specs on that one looked good otherwise (but I could be getting it confused with the many others on PS that I've been looking at in the last 24 hours lol). I definitely did not want more than faint FL for my E which played a part of why my options were limited because there aren't that many Es to begin with in a 2 ct as compared to an H, for example, and the majority of the ones I saw online had a lot of FL.

Nooby123

Rough_Rock
Oh, I’m unaware of the issues with fluorescence in a higher colour stone compared to lower coloured stones?

Also there is no ASET available so I can’t see light performance, the best I’ve got is that it falls within decent specs from what I’ve read, table, depth etc.

It’s also about £8000

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluor effects do not change with graded colour, as I understand it - headlight is just being super-cautious ;-)

Issues with 'oiliness' or 'haziness' only occur in Strong and Very Strong fluor, but then not very often - GIA struggled (failed?) to find a good enough sample size for a study, IIRC!

The market currently penalises fluor because Tiffany (I think?) decided many years ago to not stock them, and the industry followed the trend. Before that, 'blue-white' stones sold at a premium, so as with all things, current trends are just fashion.

If you like fluor, buy fluor, but buy in the awareness that purchase and resale prices are lower!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluor effects do not change with graded colour, as I understand it - headlight is just being super-cautious ;-)

Issues with 'oiliness' or 'haziness' only occur in Strong and Very Strong fluor, but then not very often - GIA struggled (failed?) to find a good enough sample size for a study, IIRC!

The market currently penalises fluor because Tiffany (I think?) decided many years ago to not stock them, and the industry followed the trend. Before that, 'blue-white' stones sold at a premium, so as with all things, current trends are just fashion.

If you like fluor, buy fluor, but buy in the awareness that purchase and resale prices are lower!
I think much of the fear about flour is overblown. it's true that you want someone to doible check that the stone isn't hazy, but I certainly wouldn't rule out stones with flour!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think much of the fear about flour is overblown. it's true that you want someone to doible check that the stone isn't hazy, but I certainly wouldn't rule out stones with flour!
Or fluor! ;-) :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont mind stones with fluor but stones with flour are often messy!:lol-2:

headlight

Ideal_Rock

Yes, that is so true... I am being super-cautious!!!!!!!!

I just feel that there is much disagreement on this so why go through that rabbit hole when there are so many stones to choose from. Then you know for sure it won't be an issue down the road. And with such an investment. Yes, the viewpoint and value assigned to stones with fl have changed through the decades and one certainly doesn't want to be on the "wrong side of the trend" when they want to see/upgrade their stone lol!

And do we want to put all our "trust" into the findings of their research?... we don't put 100% certainty of merit into their cut grading system so I sort of feel that both the cut grading and the fl issue are up for debate. I do feel their color and clarity grading is consistently solid.

(And even with that said about their grading system... they aren't giving Ex to stones that fall outside of their criteria... they DO have a very specific way of grading cut with defined parameters... it is just that they are a bit more forgiving on the parameters and accept a wider variety of combinations based on their view of what makes a beautiful diamond.

I do feel that one day, as with all things, they may revise the system. And that would be good. Clearly with the development of technology, things can be made better and this has certainly been the case with diamond cut so I think that a refinement in the system is due!

Nooby123

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much for the information people, and for the laughs too! :D Appreciate it

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wife's none vs my daughter's med blue under the sun. Maybe I can see a very slight blue if I tell my brain to look for it...:bigsmile:

IMG_2737.jpg IMG_2744.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results