shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond? Should I return?

ecko2

Rough_Rock
Let me start by saying I am very new to all of this. I've done some research and feel that I have a basic understanding of diamonds but would like to get some additional opinions from you all.

GIA # 6345002088

Oval
F
SI1
Fluorescence - Medium
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Table - 61%
Depth - 58.5%
L/W ratio - 1.5
8.44 x 5.63 x 3.29 mm
Medium - Slightly Thick
Inclusions - Crystal, Needle, Indented Natural

It has some oilyness and a little bit of a belly. I'm ok with those (I personally love the shape of it) and I think she will like it too. It also has an Indented Natural on the pavilion side. A little nervous about that as I've read that could cause issues down the line. Would that be a cause for concern with this diamond?

Also, to give some context, I paid $3500 for the diamond itself. $5100 with the setting. I'm going to be proposing in 2 weeks.

Close up of the diamond -
Pictures and Videos can be seen through this link:

Last edited:

ecko2

Rough_Rock
GIA Report attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.22.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.22.06 PM.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.21.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.21.40 PM.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: AV_

ecko2

Rough_Rock
Bump. Anyone?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
From your post's title, it seems that you might have concerns already about the stone, yes?
How long is your return window?

ecko2

Rough_Rock
From your post's title, it seems that you might have concerns already about the stone, yes?
How long is your return window?

The return window ends 2 days before I propose. I have concerns but I'm not an expert at this. So I wanted to hear if my concerns are valid or if I should keep the stone based on the info that I posted above

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont believe a diamond with med Fluorescence should be exhibiting any oiliness in bright sunlight (vendors correct me if I'm wrong). I think
you need Strong Fluor for haziness.

The indented natural is the 3rd thing on your inclusion list (they are listed in order of significance). Can you feel it with your fingernail?

I'm not sure what you mean by " a little bit of belly" on it?

I love the setting and the prongs are perfection IMO!

ecko2

Rough_Rock
I dont believe a diamond with med Fluorescence should be exhibiting any oiliness in bright sunlight (vendors correct me if I'm wrong). I think
you need Strong Fluor for haziness.

The indented natural is the 3rd thing on your inclusion list (they are listed in order of significance). Can you feel it with your fingernail?

I'm not sure what you mean by " a little bit of belly" on it?

I love the setting and the prongs are perfection IMO!

Thanks for that info! I had no idea they were listed in order of significance, so that's good to know that it was last on the list. I don't feel anything with the fingernail, feels completely smooth and flat.
Here's an example of a bigger belly

Attachments

• IMG_4054.JPG
    IMG_4054.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 18

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider the bottom picture to be a more typical oval (with a "normal" belly:lol:). The top picture is going towards a moval (oval/marquise).

Your stone is "normal" or what is typically expected with an oval. Nothing wrong with that belly!

ecko2

Rough_Rock
I would consider the bottom picture to be a more typical oval (with a "normal" belly:lol:). The top picture is going towards a moval (oval/marquise).

Your stone is "normal" or what is typically expected with an oval. Nothing wrong with that belly!

Lol thank you! I agree I like the bottom one more than the top one. Sometimes I get confused with all of the different info online

ecko2

Rough_Rock
I just took it to a jeweler and he said it was a great stone and that I got a killer deal on it. he mentioned the flaws were not noticeable and it should actually be graded higher than an S1. Granted he barely looked it under the microscope but seemed like he was genuine in his excitement for me

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. Good light reflection going W/E and graceful crushed ice look N/S.
The setting is pretty, too, with some quality melees.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s beautiful. Simple yet elegant.

TheLady

Shiny_Rock
Let me start by saying I am very new to all of this. I've done some research and feel that I have a basic understanding of diamonds but would like to get some additional opinions from you all.

GIA # 6345002088

Oval
F
SI1
Fluorescence - Medium
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Table - 61%
Depth - 58.5%
L/W ratio - 1.5
8.44 x 5.63 x 3.29 mm
Medium - Slightly Thick
Inclusions - Crystal, Needle, Indented Natural

It has some oilyness and a little bit of a belly. I'm ok with those (I personally love the shape of it) and I think she will like it too. It also has an Indented Natural on the pavilion side. A little nervous about that as I've read that could cause issues down the line. Would that be a cause for concern with this diamond?

Also, to give some context, I paid $3500 for the diamond itself. $5100 with the setting. I'm going to be proposing in 2 weeks.

Close up of the diamond -
Pictures and Videos can be seen through this link:

Gorgeous! I'm looking at adiamor as well. What setting is that?

ecko2

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results