shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this custom setting? Yellow gold with silver tipped prongs?

What should I do about the prongs?

• Total voters

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
Inspired by @cflutist 's beautiful Symphonie trellis, I absolutely love:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nie-ring-with-2-793-f-vs1-cbi-diamond.234765/

And the bridge on this ring:
upload_2018-11-14_18-14-29.png

It will be a 14k yellow gold, tapered edge with milgrain beading up the inner side and a pave bridge. Here's some bad attempts at photoshopping, I'm waiting for the CAD as soon as I can solidly pick the diamond center stone.

28f4ed3d17196139ea7fc619eb6a7dcb.jpg

(missing some milgrain up the inner edges)
2e93dab8c08f7c83f4547620bb0c98e3.png

^ Two different options, one without the pave bridge. I will most likely be going with the one on the right with more open shoulders, and the milgrain beading following up the inner sides next to the stone.

My only problem is... Since it's yellow gold, I'd love to do white gold/platinum prongs because I prefer the way it looks on the top view of the stone. I was told by one designer that it would be possible to do yellow gold all the way up to the tips of the prongs, and have the very tips be white gold/platinum.

Would having just the tips of the prongs a silver color be weird? I could instead do a two-tone, something like this with the other bridge:
a8a4349c4ea9a522c954aab3a71038f8.jpg

But I'm worried that would look strange... But would having just the tips silver be stranger? I'd also love some feedback on what you think of the bridge! Anything is very helpful!

Also, I could really use some help deciding on the diamond for the center stone on a thread that's not getting a lot of traction in another section, I'll link to it here in case you're interested:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...of-this-diamond-stats-videos-pics-etc.244917/

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Inspired by @cflutist 's beautiful Symphonie trellis, I absolutely love:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nie-ring-with-2-793-f-vs1-cbi-diamond.234765/

And the bridge on this ring:
upload_2018-11-14_18-14-29.png

It will be a 14k yellow gold, tapered edge with milgrain beading up the inner side and a pave bridge. Here's some bad attempts at photoshopping, I'm waiting for the CAD as soon as I can solidly pick the diamond center stone.

28f4ed3d17196139ea7fc619eb6a7dcb.jpg

(missing some milgrain up the inner edges)
2e93dab8c08f7c83f4547620bb0c98e3.png

^ Two different options, one without the pave bridge. I will most likely be going with the one on the right with more open shoulders, and the milgrain beading following up the inner sides next to the stone.

My only problem is... Since it's yellow gold, I'd love to do white gold/platinum prongs because I prefer the way it looks on the top view of the stone. I was told by one designer that it would be possible to do yellow gold all the way up to the tips of the prongs, and have the very tips be white gold/platinum.

Would having just the tips of the prongs a silver color be weird? I could instead do a two-tone, something like this with the other bridge:
a8a4349c4ea9a522c954aab3a71038f8.jpg

But I'm worried that would look strange... But would having just the tips silver be stranger? I'd also love some feedback on what you think of the bridge! Anything is very helpful!

Also, I could really use some help deciding on the diamond for the center stone on a thread that's not getting a lot of traction in another section, I'll link to it here in case you're interested:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...of-this-diamond-stats-videos-pics-etc.244917/

Just my $0.02, but it's a much more attractive look to have the two-tone with platinum prongs than just the very tips of the prongs. Most high end rings done with a yellow or pink gold shank are done with platinum heads.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - my ring is yellow gold but the head is platinum and so are the prongs of the side stones.

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
Thank you both so much! So something like this would look better?
ringsilverhead.png

Or have the bridge platinum as well?

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
I think this would look great with the whole head in plat/wg. It's a such a classic look. I personally have always thought that the prong tip only approach looks kind of haphazard....

Edit: You posted at the same time! I think just the head. Again, classic. And the little diamonds on the bridge will pop more on the yg rather than blending in. It's such a nice design element, you want to show it off!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 100% yellow gold and I love the contrast with the diamonds.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You dont just want to go with all silver prongs and leave the bridge gold? You need to have your jeweler (or whoever is making the ring) CAD up the
different options.

You're ahead of me...I see you Photoshopped it in your last post. Thats the option I like! Can you change your poll to include that option...its probably
too late.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oooh, a yellow shank with platinum bridge and prongs would look very cool.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results