shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this IGI Antwerp 3 ct IF warm pear diamond please!

Beaute-brune

Rough_Rock
This brilliant pear diamond is pretty warm, albeit less warm than a similar VVS1 L video I compared it with. I plan to set it in yellow gold as my engagement ring and appreciate warmer diamonds against my dark skin. Color-sensitive folks will probably see the L color as a disadvantage but it doesn't bother me, although I wouldn't go warmer than this. B2C will have it in a week or so and can provide more live videos and photos then.

IGI Antwerp #395969223

Natural diamond
Pear Brilliant
3.05 carats
13.08 x 8.15 x 5.02 mm
Internally Flawless
L color
No fluorescence

Excellent polish - symmetry
Excellent proportions
Table size: 60%
Crown height: 13%
Pavilion depth: 45.5%
Girdle: medium to slightly thick (faceted)
Cutlet: pointed
Total depth: 61.6%

$14k from b2cjewels. Would love to hear any thoughts you all might have, as I am still a diamond novice that is relying on "ideal ranges" from the few websites that provide detailed guidance on selecting pear cuts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be fairly decently cut for a pear. Nice shape (and size)! You'll have to let us know what you think when you get it.

Pears in lower colors can be somewhat problematic in that the pointed ends where the light return is not as good will show more color when
contrasted with the rounded end that does have nice light return. The contrast between the two colors/ends can be bothersome to some people.
Now, this isnt all pears so just wait to see how this pear looks in person. I'm excited for you! Let us know what you think!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The most I care about in such a stone is shape, then brilliance, then what the color looks like in a yellow gold setting. In theory, the brighter the better, but modern brilliant pear cuts tend to show color toward the tips & flash brighteness accross the round part. I am not often a fan if this effect & even less in light colored diamonds like this. A pear with even brilliance is almost too much to ask for.
2c

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Digressing,

I doubt there exists an L pear as bright as this - www , each cut has its own possibilities.

Beaute-brune

Rough_Rock
Digressing,

I doubt there exists an L pear as bright as this - www , each cut has its own possibilities.

Wow. That is so gorgeous! I’ve read nothing but great things on here about antique cuts and brilliance.

Reactions: AV_
B

Beany

So beautiful!! This diamond will be gorgeous when paired with yellow gold. I am so excited for you! Please do post a photo once she is set :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown height: 13%
Pavilion depth: 45.5%

This doesn't make sense.

Could it be:
Crown Angle 13%
Pavilion Angle 45.5%?

That seems possible since the crown height looks terribly shallow, and the crown angle is terrible small.
I'd worry about chipping that vulnerable girdle.

Also there is no such diamond on b2cjewels.
Did you buy it?

Beaute-brune

Rough_Rock
This doesn't make sense.

Could it be:
Crown Angle 13%
Pavilion Angle 45.5%?

That seems possible since the crown height looks terribly shallow, and the crown angle is terrible small.
I'd worry about chipping that vulnerable girdle.

Also there is no such diamond on b2cjewels.
Did you buy it?

Someone else did! We actually placed the order but turns out someone else beat us to it by a few hours. Hope they enjoy it!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO,I would rather have an eye clean well cut flawed stone than the warmer flawless stone. That stone was not meant for you. You will find your stone-hang in there and do not compromise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results