shape
carat
color
clarity

Things that make me grumpy....

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm turning into the "get off my lawn!" lady but I just had to say somewhere that there are some things about life these days I could do without (US/North American customs or practices)

- Gender reveal parties
- Multiple wedding and baby showers
- People chasing "instagram famous" status
- People viewing events through their phones (like when you're at a concert and that person is taking video of the entire song)

I'll think of some more.....

Signed,
Grumpy old lady in training

:lol: :lol: :lol:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agreed on all counts! It’s like everyone wants to be a star and the many parties are designed for social media, too. So thankful I was young before all of that. I sound like a grumpy old lady, too! :lol-2:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I get grumpy when I am at the grocery store and someone is whistling as they walk around the store. I dont like the sound to begin with but I find it rude and irritating that people think others want to hear it and dont care.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed on all counts! It’s like everyone wants to be a star and the many parties are designed for social media, too. So thankful I was young before all of that. I sound like a grumpy old lady, too! :lol-2:

right?! i just read a quote from an actress the other day saying being famous isn't as fun as people think and how she doesn't understand people just wanting to be famous for its own sake (easy for her to say i guess)...you used to have to have a special skill/talent

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get grumpy when I am at the grocery store and someone is whistling as they walk around the store. I dont like the sound to begin with but I find it rude and irritating that people think others want to hear it and dont care.

i don't notice whistling so much but people who are paying so much attention to their phones that they are blocking your path when walking is another one on my list =P

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me grumpy. The fact that my next door neighbor sold his house and I was so looking forward to him taking that awful barking dog with him. Much to my dismay the new neighbors liked his dog so much - so he gave it to them! WTF? :angryfire:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People, people make me grumpy

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You and me both, especially stupid people they make me sarcastic, and at times angry and grumpy.

BluDiva - Your list is pretty accurate. I'm really amazed people spend a lot of money chasing faux so called Instagram worthy lifestyles for no apparent reason.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm turning into the "get off my lawn!" lady but I just had to say somewhere that there are some things about life these days I could do without (US/North American customs or practices)

- Gender reveal parties
- Multiple wedding and baby showers
- People chasing "instagram famous" status
- People viewing events through their phones (like when you're at a concert and that person is taking video of the entire song)

I'll think of some more.....

Signed,
Grumpy old lady in training

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes to all of your list.

Yes with one addition. "Inconsiderate" people make me grumpy. Of course that includes much of the human population but just wanted to note there are some exceptions. Few as they may be. :P2

What makes me grumpy?

Rain when we are off and it is bike riding temperatures. Like right now. Grrrrr. Makes me grumpy.

Everything else comes down to inconsiderate, clueless, narcissistic people who do things that make me grumpy. See my above comments to @Matata.

grumpy.gif

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who cross the street in the middle of Main Street traffic when there is a crosswalk less than six feet away.

People that don't use their blinkers.

People asking if my four year old son is in preschool when we go out during the day.

I could go on but I'll stop there.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cold weather as summer changes to fall makes me grumpy. I am fine after I get adjusted, but the first few weeks makes me grumpy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snow, snow and more snow. cold temps. :x2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get so irritated when I call on the phone to get help with a delivery..and they messed up the order..and I’m already upset..but I’m trying to stay polite but I keep getting put on hold with music I can’t stand..sigh..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning we were going to order breakfast from a place around the corner. Online the menus said "Banana Foster pancakes $6.50".

So we called to find out if that was for just one pancake or two (their pancakes are huge) the woman on the phone said "Oh none of the prices on our menu online have been updated"

:confused: Why have a menu online if you aren't going to keep it up to date? Why have an online menu at all?????

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me grumpy. The fact that my next door neighbor sold his house and I was so looking forward to him taking that awful barking dog with him. Much to my dismay the new neighbors liked his dog so much - so he gave it to them! WTF? :angryfire:

Oh no, no, no! That is just not playing fair! Didn't they read the rule book on moving away? You take all possessions with you...its just wrong!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things that are out of my control.
Like car and medical insurance rates, traffic, cold weather.
And of course, rude and impolite people.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning we were going to order breakfast from a place around the corner. Online the menus said "Banana Foster pancakes $6.50".

So we called to find out if that was for just one pancake or two (their pancakes are huge) the woman on the phone said "Oh none of the prices on our menu online have been updated"

:confused: Why have a menu online if you aren't going to keep it up to date? Why have an online menu at all?????

This happens all the time with restaurants. Many owners have a website designed and have no idea how to do any backend changes, so when it comes time to change prices on the website, they either have to pay the web designer who made the website to do it (that outfit or person may or may not still be around) or figure out how to do it themselves, or enlist the help of some tech-savvy employee or friend. Or let's say the owner did have someone on staff who did all the changes, and they no longer work there. There are a bunch of scenarios and every owner needs to have training and a backup plan in place. It's very frustrating for customers, and equally frustrating for employees who have to deal with angry customers.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you @monarch64 and you know this place is very popular and not cheap so there is a certain expectation if you will of competency.

We ended up going to the grocery store and getting bagels instead, easier and cheaper!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you @monarch64 and you know this place is very popular and not cheap so there is a certain expectation if you will of competency.

We ended up going to the grocery store and getting bagels instead, easier and cheaper!
I'm sure you got 6 bagels at the grocery for $3.00!
Sometimes "eating out" is ridiculous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you know it, I mean $6.50 for two pancakes?! We never found out for sure if the price was for one or two, probably better off lol!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh absolutely, and I wasn't excusing the restaurant at all.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things that make me grumpy...

Jerks who give away their family members in real estate transactions!

You should kick your neighbor in the shin.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is truly unbelievable. Furbabies ARE family members.

Just the fact that the dog was left outside barking often tells you the people were jerks. Hoping this was the dogs lucky day and he/she will be with a family that takes good care of him/her and LOVES him/her.

Q

Queenie60

Making a call to a vendor and being transferred numerous times and the fact that I need to explain my situation to each person ... over and over again! Another thing that makes me grumpy is when a person is at a checkout counter in a store and they're on their phone holding a conversation and completely snubbing the clerk that is trying to assist and help them... Rude, Rude, Rude.......

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of mine are work related and don't necessarily make me grumpy, but irritable. That said, it's rare I work a single day without at least three of these happening.

...when a patient uses the pen that is provided (lying on the table) to sign their cc receipt, then they proceed to hand it to me. Sounds small, but it makes me crazy for some reason. Just put it back where you found it, since that requires much less effort! GEEEZ!

...when people call the clinic/pharmacy and ask if we're open "now" -- WTH, people? Did I not just answer the phone??!!

...when a pt isn't happy with a copay, so they get upset with me. Look lady, your insurance sets the price, not the pharmacist. We simply adjudicate the claim.

...when I'm trying to ring up a transaction or counsel a pt about something important regarding their medication, and they're on their phone looking at me as if I'm infringing on their conversation. The BEST is when they apologize TO THE PERSON ON THE PHONE because of me. These are the same people who get seriously pissed when I tell them to let me know when they're available (i.e. off the phone), so I can ring them up/counsel/whatever.

...when a pt gets pissy with me for whatever reason out of my control and says something like, "...well, I'll just transfer my prescription then!", but gets seriously shocked when I respond with, "Yes, ma'am... to which pharmacy would you like me to transfer it?" LOL

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Making a call to a vendor and being transferred numerous times and the fact that I need to explain my situation to each person ... over and over again! Another thing that makes me grumpy is when a person is at a checkout counter in a store and they're on their phone holding a conversation and completely snubbing the clerk that is trying to assist and help them... Rude, Rude, Rude.......

My God... yaaaasssss!!!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Right. Maybe he was barking because he had crappy owners who left him outside.

There seems to be a growing cult of narcissism these days, fed in part by social media. Entitlement plays its role in the myriad number of parties and showers we see now. Everyone is so special!

But what makes me grumpy is seeing people be unkind to animals. Actually grumpy is not the right word......homicidal might be better term..

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right. Maybe he was barking because he had crappy owners who left him outside.

There seems to be a growing cult of narcissism these days, fed in part by social media. Entitlement plays its role in the myriad number of parties and showers we see now. Everyone is so special!

But what makes me grumpy is seeing people be unkind to animals. Actually grumpy is not the right word......homicidal might be better term..
He worked out of town most of the time and never should have had a dog in the first place. Or 4 horses. Nice enough guy but should not be a pet owner. The dog is happier with the new people but he still barks like mad when they are at work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results