carat
color
clarity

The challenge is on. Will you join in?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a group “game”/challenge.

Given @pearaffair recent post about finding an I-1 diamond, I thought... you know... I have an eye clean I-1. The inclusions never bothered me. The cut is a 1993 cut and I assume a 60/60. A pretty diamond, but no wow factor.

Anyway, so instead of getting a travel ring that is a sim or a moissainte, maybe (in theory), I would go for a decent size, but I-1 stone and with a color of say I-M. As in, nice diamond but as least expensive as possible.

I have too many projects to actually pursue this right now, but I wondered what we as a group could find if we poured through the databases and certificates and maybe help a lurker in the process.

Plus, it’s something different than we usually focus on.

So.... this Labor Day weekend, is anyone up for the challenge of finding decently priced, SI1-I1 stones?

Obviously, we are looking at photos and plot inclusions. No ASETS, etc unless you can find some.

Anyway, I thought this might get interesting.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found some earlier but I have to go through my history and find them. Lol. I looked for I-1 with only one or two clarity units. I disregarded any with “additional... not shown...”

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clarify, we don’t need to check angles and HCA unless you want to. This is a game.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, unbelievable isn’t it? Adam @OWD has sent it to the GIA 4 times for grading, but they won’t budge. It was absolutely stunning IRL.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea! I am barely locate an inclusion event. The magnified video :confused:
Wow typing skills at 12am, sorry guys :oops2:

That’s OWD OEC is also amazingly clean!:love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, unbelievable isn’t it? Adam @OWD has sent it to the GIA 4 times for grading, but they won’t budge. It was absolutely stunning IRL.

that is gorgeous

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are willing to step out of the box, there are sometimes deals to be found on faint fancy colored diamonds. This one is interesting and is a .91 VS1 for $2,780. The tint looks more silvery than green to my eyes, and the Strong White Fluorescence is intriguing. The cut isn't perfect, but it looks very sparkly.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di.../round-cut/0.91-carat-vs1-clarity-sku-5100454
I didn’t know there was white fluorescence. This is the neatest stone!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are willing to step out of the box, there are sometimes deals to be found on faint fancy colored diamonds. This one is interesting and is a .91 VS1 for $2,780. The tint looks more silvery than green to my eyes, and the Strong White Fluorescence is intriguing. The cut isn't perfect, but it looks very sparkly.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di.../round-cut/0.91-carat-vs1-clarity-sku-5100454

It’s pretty, I wonder what is up with green with strong white Fluor.

@Wink @Texas Leaguer @Victor Canera any insight on a faint green diamond with strong white Fluor?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results