shape
carat
color
clarity

The Shirley Temple Blue

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, nice - and blue phosphorescence! How cool! :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They recut it to improve the clarity, wow, the responsibility on that cutter:eek2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They recut it to improve the clarity, wow, the responsibility on that cutter:eek2:
Imagine the terror of getting it wrong. Also I couldn’t quite work out if they’d modernised the faceting or not

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s jaw dropping, isn’t it?!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely looks bluer! Presuming clarity is very important to the market they are aiming for?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question @meely, I thought for coloured diamonds the colour was the driving requirement and clarity was less important.. but I guess being able to make it flawless was just too tempting. Interesting that it’s improved the colour too.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question @meely, I thought for coloured diamonds the colour was the driving requirement and clarity was less important.. but I guess being able to make it flawless was just too tempting. Interesting that it’s improved the colour too.
They must have modified the faceting to lengthen the lightpaths within the stone, which has caused all the other colours in the spectrum to be absorbed and less of them to come back out at the viewer's eyes, if I understand things correctly??

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I don't know much about this - but for colored stones small tweaks can make a big difference to color, there have been two recent cases over on the colored stones forum I think? One positive, one not so positive. Also for super ideal cut diamonds they face up whiter do they not? So by that logic it seems to make sense, that tweaks to the cut could alter the color. Perhaps that was at least some of the intention? It would be good if one of the vendors chimed in.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
They said it the more it’s in daylight, the bluer it gets! That is fascinating to me, lol. Wow! It is beautiful :kiss2:

And it said the Hope Diamond and the Wittelsbach-Graff have red phosphorescence ... I didn’t know that and looked it up. Another wow! Red! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting the link, foxinsox. It's very interesting.

Deb :wavey:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sooooo beautiful!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I waaaaaaaaaaant it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is lovely!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why isn't this thing on my finger???!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
way kewl! thanks for posting!!!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The interesting thing now is that they can computer model it and simulate the possible outcomes before touching the gem. Certainly not possible in the 1940s when first bought (presumably cut even earlier). That said, someone still has to actually facet the diamond and whoa, what a responsibility.
The blue fluorescence is really unique.
I presume the pursuit of internally flawless would be to appeal to the very very wealthy Asian/ Arabic market who adore such perfection and pay very handsomely for it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s stunning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just amazing.

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 7.20.56 AM.png

amazinggif.gif

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful color. am i the only one who had the thought that either diamonds were relatively much less expensive or shirley temple's salary dwarfed even today's movie stars?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results